Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: [Closed] Current Bugs

Default Re: Current Bugs

There's a really annoying bug with the client as of the latest update. Sometimes when you try to chain multiple abilities, in quick succession, the first ability won't trigger.

For example, let's say I quickly click chain attack I and then critical strike. Now, the first attack should happen and the second should be queued, but what actually happens is that the icon for the first ability greys out, the ability doesn't trigger, and then the second ability is used. The first ability then stays greyed out for 30 seconds plus. This is REALLY annoying when it happens with an ability that's supposed to have a short cooldown, such as gold rage. It effectively stops you from using the ability because you can't click on something that's greyed out, even though the ability (as far as the server is concerned, at least) is ready for use.

Seens to be a little bug with the lv 81-86 trophies, each has a different hoard value.

Blood Skull Talisman - 479 hoard
    Dire Wolf Skulls - 413 hoard
    Golem Hearts of Marble - 457 hoard
    Shrunken Purple Weaver Thoraxes ? Never seen that beast before. new name?
    Only 4 kinds of trophies for those levels, why so few? When others have up to 13 kinds.

Seen a really strange bug happen. Once to myself, and once to the mobs.

The first time, I had spiked scales on, was sitting down to guarantee being hit, but the redbacked spiders that were attacking me were taking no damage.

The second time, I was in the eastern deadlands being attacked by abomination task-masters. However, they couldn't land a single blow on me no matter what they tried. Sadly, I've not been able to reproduce this bug. Invincibility would be really cool.

Ghost of Dralnok's axe has a range that puts most bolt spells to shame. He can melee you from miles away.

I visited Imperial Quartermaster Frig today out at the Imperial Outpost looking for craft quests to earn Imperial Rank Tokens. At lv87 Lairshaper he had nothing for me. At lv100 dragon crafter I was given Imperial Outpost: Radiant Essence Sphere, a quest for 5 radiant spheres. How is a dragon supposed to make a biped construction unit? The way the quest is worded it looks like it may be possible to deliver units someone else had made but that makes it a fetch quest, not a crafting quest. Is this intended?

Dracaena

Inibition Now has ancient flying levels cause i was max flight level and it still was attacking me rooting me in the air and killed me pleas fix this
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Inibition Now has ancient flying levels cause i was max flight level and it still was attacking me rooting me in the air and killed me pleas fix this
    Were you directly over him? If so, thats not a bug. He doesn't know about the Z coordinate, only about X/Y.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

During the first quest of the ROP, Becoming an Adult Dragon: Choose your Path, at the end of the quest, Brysmendrik unceremoniously ends the quest without so much as a hint of what to do next. New players have no idea that they have to go talk to the historian again.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Were you directly over him? If so, thats not a bug. He doesn't know about the Z coordinate, only about X/Y.
    about 10 meters off him with his debuffs on me i still was able to get very high he followed me as to i was not able to see land any more and died in air his normal attacks where hitting me so ether he did not understand i was well out of his range or he some how sprouted wings and gave chase
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    During the first quest of the ROP, Becoming an Adult Dragon: Choose your Path, at the end of the quest, Brysmendrik unceremoniously ends the quest without so much as a hint of what to do next. New players have no idea that they have to go talk to the historian again.
    If that's the case then they did not pay attention to what was being said during the quest. That quest is to guide players to making a decision as to whether they want to start the path to adulthood immediately upon qualifying or waiting until they have reached level 50.

It is not part of the actual RoP, nor is it meant to say "go here to start it".

How this quest works is not a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    If that's the case then they did not pay attention to what was being said during the quest. That quest is to guide players to making a decision as to whether they want to start the path to adulthood immediately upon qualifying or waiting until they have reached level 50.

My Hatchie was level 78 and still faced this question - is it possible quest can check hatchie's level in order to be a bit more realistic in such case? In addition, if there is any reference in quest dialog to indicate that if hatchie wishes to take the ROP, for the hatchie to return to the Historian, I missed it too.

Knossos

another greying out issue. if you try to buff yourself before you move after logging in, whatever spell or ability you try to use gets greyed out.. the only way to start it up again (without waiting a long time) is to go into the knowledge book to cast it. of course.. that isn't an option for abilities since there's no way to use them without a hotkey.
    now that i think about it, maybe adding a right-click "use ability" option would be useful also.

I didn't think that quest ends in a bugged way, just that a couple things aren't made clear:
    • You need to be at least 30 lairshaper to take on his attunement quest. His text felt very misleading to me, since I of course spoke to him again... and again... and he just kept feeding me the "go away I'm sulking" placeholder text until I asked around and quickly nabbed the last two levels of Lairshaper to be eligible for the attunement.
      Quote Originally Posted by Brysmendrik
      "It is not by choice that I am here, but like many who have come before me, I too must serve. Before you proceed on your quest to adulthood, if you but listen to my story for a moment and complete a task for me, I will attune you to the portal that remains on Draak. Being attuned to this portal will make your journey to adulthood much easier."
    • Brysmendrik makes no mention of going back to any of the NPCs you've spoken to, which isn't necessarily inappropriate, but does give the quest a sort of cliffhanger feel. A quick "return to the Historian and relate what you've learned" so he could say "now that you've talked to everyone make up your mind, I'll be waiting here when you feel ready to take your Rites" step would be a better ending, to me.

I should point out that I read all the text for the quest and very much enjoyed it! It just ended in a funny way, which has led to at least one person asking me "hey is this bugged?" I'd really recommend just adding a quick trip back to Karane to give the ending a more clear... well, ending. And rewording what Brysmendrik says to indicate what you need to become attuned, if he's only going to offer the basic quest qhich requires Lairshaper.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or only something unfinished:

Quest Vandus Confederation: Traitor in the midst I:

I finished this part, I got my reward from the Mayor but as this quest was really fast to do, I was excepting a part II. I talked to the Mayor again, to Leftenant Hanlon and to the Sergeant at the Observatory Outpost, but I got nothing. The Mayor gave no direction about speaking to someone else.
    Shall I speak to another NPC? Is it buggued? Or should I just wait for the part II to be available with next patch?
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
    I'm not sure if it's a bug or only something unfinished:

Quest Vandus Confederation: Traitor in the midst I:

I finished this part, I got my reward from the Mayor but as this quest was really fast to do, I was excepting a part II. I talked to the Mayor again, to Leftenant Hanlon and to the Sergeant at the Observatory Outpost, but I got nothing. The Mayor gave no direction about speaking to someone else.
    Shall I speak to another NPC? Is it buggued? Or should I just wait for the part II to be available with next patch?
    Thats not a bug. The quest series isn't complete yet.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ok, thanks for you answer.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post

Then why would a step to go talk to him be included during the ROP?

That's rather misleading. With the way this quest is written, it is implied that you need to complete Brysmendrik's quest to continue the next part in the series of your ROP.

Just today I've had to tell 3 hatchies that they do not need to be 30 LSH (and complete his quest) to continue the ROP. ROP is continued via the historian after you talk to Brysmendrik.

Quest - Avariatus Quest - Learn about the lunus faction
    Typo in 2nd step (Visit the New Trismsus shrine)

Quest - Kerian - Carry a status report to Gerix in Kion
    After clicking on the 2nd link you get a 'nil is not online' message for <!--ST 297313 1>carry my report<!--/ST>.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quest - Dragon Instant Heal I
    Questlog shows to kill 100 garnet or malachite golems, however Gerix says kill 30.

Gerix tells you, 'A most useful ability that is, the ability to heal ones-self. By ancient tradition, you must prove yourself worthy of my training. I need gems, gems of all kinds, specifically Garnet and Malachite, I know some may be a bit weak for you, but think of the carnage!. Kill thirty of those golems and bring me some of their gems! Then return to me for training.'

Also doesn't state how many gems he wants and also whether he wants cut or uncut ones (50 uncut of each in this case)
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Signs (like those in New Trismus/Lesser Aradoth) still do not display the words written on them on either of my two Windows7 64-bit machines. The signs appear to be blank with nothing written on them, and stone signs are missing the arrow as well.

My WinXP 32-bit machine, however, displays them normally.

And the bug that prevents you from previewing spells/equipment/etc in the "Create Item" window doesn't work if you select a formula from the Knowledge window.

It works if you "Show Products" but not if you "Show Formulas" and then select the specific item (Example: "Show Formulas" -> Expert Mining Pick -> Mithril Mining Pick will not display the mining pick's stats; just a blank window where the stats should be).

However, if you go into "Create Item" and scroll way down to "Mithril Mining Pick", then it _will_ display the stats.

Thread Information