Thread: Thinking of returning

Default Thinking of returning

Wow, it has been ages since I have played. I am curious to know what all has changed since I have been gone. I miss so many players I was used to seeing every day in Istaria.

The games I have been playing were fun for a bit, but they served their purpose. I will be starting nursing school in August, and the games I play now are entirely too time consuming. I love the fact that Horizons (aside from being my favorite) doesn't require an enormous amount of time and effort to be enjoyable.

So that said, I am seriously considering my return. Is the game still enjoyable and lively?
    Noelani of Blight -100 DRA / 100 DRC / 40 DLS / 40M Hoard
    Amryth of Blight - 58 DRA / 35 DRC
    Amecha the Neglected of Blight and Order - ?/?/?/?

Default Re: Thinking of returning

I'm still enjoying it! :-)
    Lots of new content and interesting things to see/do, hope you get the chance to explore it all!

we still love it and try to be on, whenever possible.
    Which is every day (for 6 years now^^)

Would be nice to meet you (on Order)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Kinda depends on when you last played. If you played back when it first released under Horizons then, yes, much has been fixed and improved. In that first year so much was broken and just plain horrible. The new owners are a small team but dedicated and they communicate and listen to the player base. More than can be said for a lot of MMOs out there. Its not a perfect game but its constantly improving and that's always a good thing.

The Istaria community is small. Population measured in the hundreds and not thousands. Chaos (regular) has the larger population so if you want to have people around at all hours of the day and night that's the one to choose IMO. Blight (test) and Order (roleplay) have smaller populations. Chaos is not a RP server but I do see a good many practice RP in various amounts and ways in chat and I have yet to see anyone complain about others RPing. That's one of the nice things about Chaos. If you want to RP people are okay with it and if you don't want to RP people are okay with that too. The Chaos community is one of the most friendly and helpful communities I have ever seen in a MMO and I have played quite a few over the years.

If you ever wanted to play a dragon Istaria is the only choice I know of and a good one at that.

Hi Amecha,

What a coincidence I too start nursing school in August

iv only been playing 3 years but i still love and enjoy my time here friends and the community keep me around as well as all the new stuff i feel almost like a hatchling again trying to catch up on quests we would love to have you return even though id never meet ya less you made a char on chaos :P

Noel, how nice it would be to see you again! Great to hear from you here, regardless. I have been away, then back, repeatedly over the past four years, so I understand. Grats on starting nursing school! <Hugs>

Nice to see ya post Noel - love that little avatar!

As for changes, just recently the whole Tier I revamp went in so many changes to the first 20ish levels and many more new quests there as well as revamps of Dalimond. The ROP change JUST went live so that's been tweaked as well. As for changes over a year or so ago...heck I'm too old to remember
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

most welcome home, ame!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Its nice to see old faces aswell as new ones. Glad to see you again, I'm thinking of returning myself to Istaria to see whats changed, I was around when it was Horizons, but I've RL stuff aswell as some In game Role Play made my experiance sour. But yes, Nice to see old faces again =)

The Ice Queen has Awaken!http://dragcave.net/user/Carsia

Thread Information