Thread: [Fixed] Instructions for Empowering the Artifact.. take 3

Default [Fixed] Instructions for Empowering the Artifact.. take 3

Instructions for Empowering the Artifact (formula) now properly uses Intuition as the skill and ability for both biped and dragon adventurers.
    All ADV schools should now properly receive the Intuition Ability; All CRFT schools should now properly receive the Ingenuity ability. Both now work properly to give players the skill needed to use.
    Ok.. I'm pretty experienced and frustrated with this one now...

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=22508

It still behaves exactly the same as previously described.

Intuition is still a passive ability.
    My character has 1000+ Intuition.
    In the Create Item window for the Empowering the Artifact formula, Intuition selects the Istarian Army Knife as it's tool.
    As I can only hold a Bronze Istarian Army Knife I still get the error.... "The equipped tool is not of high enough quality to work with Class 6 Recharge Cell"

Default Re: Instructions for Empowering the Artifact.. take 3

ohh sorry to hear that Vortura

I thought it was one of the most important fixes,
    same with the satyr machine.
    Both bugs cost me 2 friends..
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I assume it is because the Bronze knife will cap your skill at 250. Maybe try a higher tier knife and see if it works. Cobalt would be the one? Or Mythril? I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMage View Post
    I assume it is because the Bronze knife will cap your skill at 250. Maybe try a higher tier knife and see if it works. Cobalt would be the one? Or Mythril? I forget.
    As I only have a craft level of 22, Bronze or Iron is all I can use.

Istarian Army knives do not cap Intuition skill. They cap Ingenuity.
    Holding a Bronze Army knife my Intuition skill is still over 1000, which is the requirement for this formula.

I had previously suggested making Intuition an Active Ability (like the Dragon crafting abilities) so you don't have a tool imposing limits on the tier of materials you can use to make an object. The limit would be just the Intuition skill itself.

There is no way to make bipeds have "Active Abilities" the way dragons do. Bipeds need to have a crafting tool in order to craft with. The crafting tool for bipeds in this case is the Istarian Army Knife.

Intuition is based on your ADV level, which is why you have the proper skill level for the formula. Unfortunately no one reported on Blight that they still couldn't equip the T6 Istarian Army Knife without having a high level crafting school, and I admit I did not think of it. That will be fixed with the next patch so that the army knife can be equipped based on either Intuition or Ingenuity, whichever is higher. Again, I do apologize.

Thread Information