Thread: How long does it take for Umyaar to respawn?

Default How long does it take for Umyaar to respawn?

Been sitting up at this hill for a good 45mins now. Anyone know his respawn time? Has he been moved or changed or something?

Default Re: How long does it take for Umyaar to respawn?

Still up here. Heard some people tell me they've looked for him for days before he shows up :/ So what is his respawn time? :/

Shian, can`t say excactly- but 45 min should be the time I remember..
    he is a fast guy.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I'm going to take a guess and say that at most, a week. (no, I don't know his real respawn time)
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

If you are talking about that mummy in LA he takes FOREVER. I find going over and killing the other general with the zombies in the place nearby helps to make him spawn.

This is Umyarr the Golem King on top of a mountain in ED, a creature required to kill for AROP.

Sat on top of the mountain and ate off my DP for 6 hours waiting for him. Logged in this morning. Surely he's up there. Nope. I *really* hope this means the quest isn't broken and we still can't bring new Ancients into the world.

1-3 days is my reckoning

He was killed on Tuesday on Chaos, didn't repop until Friday

(thats providing he didnt respawn inbetween and someone else killed him that I dont know about)
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    1-3 days is my reckoning

He was killed on Tuesday on Chaos, didn't repop until Friday

(thats providing he didnt respawn inbetween and someone else killed him that I dont know about)
    That is unbelievable.. I seriously can't imagine why it would have a 1-3 day spawn time. Let alone a WEEK >.>

His respawn is not multiple days or a week. It is less than 1 day, but is highly variable. Velea and I discussed it yesterday and we've adjusted it far down for the next patch.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

That's good because I'm still sitting on this stupid mountain barring sleep and food. Not even the epic mobs have such a stupid respawn timer.

Actually, at one point all of the Epics had spawn times like this. But each one has individually been adjusted over time. umyarr has just never been done, likely because noone said anything about it until now.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Starstilanxs View Post
    That is unbelievable.. I seriously can't imagine why it would have a 1-3 day spawn time. Let alone a WEEK >.>
    Bah. Sorry about that, I should have explained. I said at most a week because his respawn timer gets reset with a shard restart -- which happens during weekly maintenance.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Actually, at one point all of the Epics had spawn times like this. But each one has individually been adjusted over time. umyarr has just never been done, likely because noone said anything about it until now.
    I still remember killing him on my main after the ARoP release. He used to spawn seconds after he was killed.

that is what I remember too..
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

His spawn time has varied greatly over the years. But for the last couple of years it has been highly variable and can be up to a day in length.

Thread Information