Thread: Low-Rez Texture Disabling

Default Low-Rez Texture Disabling

Is there a way to disable low-rez textures, or increase the distance before they're used? It's not a problem for anything smaller than an adult dragon, but as soon as you get your wings you discover that you either need to keep your camera close enough that you fill the screen at all times, or else you get the low-rez textures. Also makes screenshots less lovely than they could be.

Default Re: Low-Rez Texture Disabling

I'm not testing it out, but you could try one of the following to see if you get a result.
    /setpref charTextureLODdist ##
    The default ## is 10. Try increasing it some.

/setpref charTextureLODenabled false
    This will turn off the level of detail completely. While it will look good, it could have an effect on your performance when there are a lot of characters or monsters nearby.

Thanks for the suggestions! Gave them a try, didn't seem to get anything to happen (bad commands? PEBKAC? you decide!); however setting the Texture Detail slider (Options -> Video -> Standard Video Options) to max seems to have given me plenty of zoom-out distance without any texture downgrading.

...The More You Know!

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    I'm not testing it out, but you could try one of the following to see if you get a result.
    /setpref charTextureLODdist ##
    The default ## is 10. Try increasing it some.

/setpref charTextureLODenabled false
    This will turn off the level of detail completely. While it will look good, it could have an effect on your performance when there are a lot of characters or monsters nearby.
    Neither of these work... back to the drawing board... There has got to be a way to beat this client into submission! I have sitting next to someone and they have the default low rez head

In your ClientPrefs_Graphic.def file (found in your \prefs\ folder) you will find the following settings. Logout, change them in the client, then log back in. You should see a difference.

bool charLODEnabled = true
    bool charTextureLODenabled = true
    bool terrainLodEnabled = true
    bool lodEnabled = true
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    In your ClientPrefs_Graphic.def file (found in your \prefs\ folder) you will find the following settings. Logout, change them in the client, then log back in. You should see a difference.
    You're supposed to set them all to false, right? It looks really great, but how do I stop the client from automatically setting them to true every time I load the game?

Place it into the resources_override folder.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Place it into the resources_override folder.
    I did this, the "set to false and place in Resources_Override", and the end result was absolutely nothing appeared to change in game. I can't say if it's a matter of some sort of interference, the fact that the unmodded file sits in a spot besides Resources, or what, just that it doesn't seem to stick or work for me.

Thread Information