Thread: I still don't get it.... Can someone tell me how to eat?

Default I still don't get it.... Can someone tell me how to eat?

So, I'm trying to use the DP system again.

There are 6 different "meals" per tier of food. Supposedly, your can carry 4 meals and you should not have a problem with timers, but I'm still running into gaps and it's extremely frustrating.
    I went out and bought 10 each of the following on my level 100 dragon:

Appetizer:
    Antipasto Salad (T5)
    Eggs Aug (T6)
    Gaspacho soup (T5)
    Hot and Sour Soup (T6)
    Thick Corn Soup (T5)
    Zezezar's Corn (T5)

Main:
    Beef Kirascent (T6)
    Chicken Supreme (T5)
    Chicken Tagine (T5)
    Gruok Mole (T5)
    Bitterroot Stew (T6)

Side:
    Feladan Ratatouille (T6)
    Gnomish Pot Pie (T6)
    Lobster Roll (T5)
    Broiled Mackeral (T5)
    Mutton Stuffing (T5)
    Seafood salad (T5)

Desert:
    Berry Tart (T6)
    Chocolate Mousse (T5)
    Fruit B'stella (T5)
    Maple Fudge (T5)
    Bananas Kakashi (T5)
    Deadly Nightcap (T5)
    Fruit Medly (T5)

I put them all on hotkeys so I could watch timers and such. After the second meal, I was running into spots where all my hotkeys were greyed out and I was still waiting 12 seconds before I could start my next run through. Not only that, but there were times where I could use two appetizers before I could use my next dessert.

What am I doing wrong? There's not supposed to be any gaps between meals when only 4 is used.

Default Re: I still don't get it.... Can someone tell me how to eat?

Eat one appetizer, one main, one side and one dessert. Each type of food (sides, mains) has it's own timer, so you can't eat side dishes of different tiers, for example.

If you eat one of each, you still have to wait 5-6 minutes before your timers all reset and you can eat more.

Be sure to eat meals at the right level range and be sure to eat them in a tavern so you get the bonus benefit.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

unless they changed it, there is a wait period between both dishes and meals.....
    can't remember what they are, as i usually don't even think about dp and just continue playing (the eternal noob, what can i say) thru like a mindless moron.....
    but i have tried it, and know that you have to wait for a few seconds between eating dishes for a meal, and then you have to wait some minutes between the end of the meal and the start of the next one....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

here's a question...lol... i wanna eat a Gnome! how do i do it? lol no offense to all you Gnomes out there, i'm just curious.

find someone to make you a gingerbread one, if you want to keep your teeth ;-)

I understand that dipping them in chocolate sauce is quite popular

Back to the original query though...

There is a delay between being able to eat different foods of the same type, i.e. Appetisers, Desserts, as well as eating each course. For best results I usually get 2-3 different complete 4-course meals, this cuts the delays down a lot, though still get the odd little period during which nothing is available to eat.

Make sure you eat each meal in the same order. You can start your meal with anything you want, but make sure you stick to the same Course order for subsequent meals. If you use App, Main, Side, Dessert for meal 1 keep to that order for meal 2, etc.

Always eat in a tavern as that will increase the amount of time the food removes from your death points.

Make sure you use the correct tier food for your level - 100 dragon needs T6 foods to get best effect.

Hope this helps

awww you didn't answer my question. can i eat a Gnome?

Gnomes are friends, not food. *shoo*

>.> lol xD i checked their site so i was curious

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Eat one appetizer, one main, one side and one dessert. Each type of food (sides, mains) has it's own timer, so you can't eat side dishes of different tiers, for example.

If you eat one of each, you still have to wait 5-6 minutes before your timers all reset and you can eat more.

Be sure to eat meals at the right level range and be sure to eat them in a tavern so you get the bonus benefit.
    Still think it is an overly complicated system... and all of the waiting around is kinda a turnoff as well.

I mean, who feels like sitting around for 5-6 minutes doing nothing waiting for the next meal to be available?

I understand their wants to create more consumables to try and create a market (which does not seem to be happening yet..), but this seems a bit more complicated than necessary, IMO.

I understand your anger,
    have been not fond of that concept myself for a long time.

But meanwhile I appreciate the foods.

Though I never have more than 3 dp,
    I go to the taverns (t6) to eat them away asap.

I never have to wait 4 or 5 min the able to get to the next meal. I would even guess its max 2 min- if I have forgotten what I already had.
    If one thing does not work- I try try something else- it works!
    But I have a bunch of food- 5-6 complete meals and lots of rare stuff.

I can show you Shian- or we can try something out.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I ended up with 12 DP from my ROP. I've heard of people getting 25 on a regular basis. I understand the need for a death penalty and I support having a Death Penalty.

I'd be more okay eating this food if it was just the "eating" timer itself and half of the food's individual timer so I can at least feel like I'm doing something by being able to queue my next food.

These gaps of having to sit around and do nothing waiting for a timer is a waste of my time and money, not to mention infuriating when trying to just queue your next food. If I'm going to sit around and wait on timers I may as well just wait my DP off.

I originally asked this question because I remember a dev post a long time ago when the system was first introduced that said that if you used this system correctly, there were no gaps. While I can't find the post anymore, I at least remember why I don't use this system. Thanks for all the help guys.

Thread Information