Thread: Any Win7 tricks?

Default Any Win7 tricks?

I just got a new computer with Windows 7.

I had no problem dual loggin on the old Vista computer. With this new computer, anytime I click any other application outside of keeping Istaria active (window'd or not), Istaria locks up.

Any suggestions? I'm not Win7 savvy yet.

Default Re: Any Win7 tricks?

What version of Windows 7? 32 bit or 64 bit?
    I havn't had that problem yet with Home Premium x64.
    But I have noticed occasionally when switching back and forth between my desktop and a fullscreen program that when going back into the fullscreen program the screen will be black. Just hitting enter will return it to normal.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

64 bit...

I get that black screen. I'll try hitting enter.. ty

The dual logging issue is a Transport Error, Error #14:

Never had it on the Vista box... this is an issue with a new computer

hmm.. you could try running istaria.exe and launcher.exe in compatibility mode for Vista and with Administrator Priv.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Hmm. maybe a change to something on the client end. i cant even do it on the old Vista box or Xp box anymore..

I dual log on my XP system all the time with no problems.

Error 14 I've seen recently, I think Shian had this error and it pointed to an account/session problem. His solution at the time was to run a full scan, however I think something else happened 'behind the scenes' on VI's side to resolve it.

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=23002

I would recommend doing a support ticket if you havent already.

On the other hand, if the problem is not on VI's side then you may want to check your LAN settings (IE hardware/software firewalls, port fowards etc).

This is my login checklist you might want to go through, but my 1st instincts point to an account/session problem with error 14
    http://www.crimson-dawn.org/index.php?p=51
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

The development team has released a hot fix for the concurrent login. An update was released last week to the launcher that inadvertently broke the ability to log in two sessions from the same computer.

For those tech savvy players out there, the reason was "the recent update to the launcher was forcing a particular port for network communications. If someone tried to login a second session, it would not work because the port was already in use."

The fixed launcher will be made available as part of the regular patching process. Please watch the launcher news for when the update is released.

Yfelvik
    - Istaria Customer Support
    Last edited by Yfelvik; July 11th, 2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: launcher fix released

Thread Information