Thread: [Closed] Bugs with Dragon Scale Packs

Default [Closed] Bugs with Dragon Scale Packs

First one:
    The Sandstone Dragon Scale Pack Opt Skill reads as 250.
    The Slate Dragon Scale Pack Min Skill reads as 350.
    I believe it should be 250.

Second one:
    The Sandstone Dragon Scale Pack Min Skill reads as 150.
    I believe it should be 1.

Or am I wrong?

Herman Widget/Sulfer Skyrider

Default Re: Bugs with Dragon Scale Packs

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Widget View Post
    First one:
    The Sandstone Dragon Scale Pack Opt Skill reads as 250.
    The Slate Dragon Scale Pack Min Skill reads as 350.
    I believe it should be 250.

Second one:
    The Sandstone Dragon Scale Pack Min Skill reads as 150.
    I believe it should be 1.

Or am I wrong?

Herman Widget/Sulfer Skyrider
    Actually, no.

They (for reasons I don't know or agree with) figure that one should not be able to make the scale pack they can currently use until about halfway through the tier, or more.

This never really did make sense to me, as it forces you to always use an out-dated pack unless you go run somebody else down to make one for you. With the min. skill set to 150 on the Tier 1 pack, you won't be able to make it until you're almost level 20 anyways; it will be obsolete nearly as soon as you can make it.

Not really a "bug" per-se, just one of the many things that don't really make sense. *shrugs*

If you really want to make your own scale packs, I suggest grabbing the formula to make them, and go find a Tier 6 scaleforge. Stand beside it, open your "Create Item" window, and attempt to create any type of Scale or Claw. With the Create Item window still open, scribe the scroll and gather the materials listed, then go back to that Tier 6 scaleforge.

Given that Tier 6 machines give +90 skill, you can scribe and make the Tier 1 scalepack as early as 60 skill (as early as Lv7-8).

Also, equipping +Scalecraft scales would also help you make it, and later tier ones earlier as well, as well has casting Promote Vitality and Promote Intellect, and also using a Tool Claw (and/or crystals/techs on said claw). I suppose with enough buffs and crafting scales, one could get Close to making their own scale pack when it is equippable. This would be easier at higher tiers than earlier tiers provided you can come up with the comps needed for Scalecraft techs.

It has always been this way, biped backpacks as well. Better to obtain your packs from another, rather then making yourself crazy over a back/scale pack.

Dracaena

Its a very simple concept. You can USE something without knowing how to MAKE it. It takes a lot more expertise to learn to make it. So, no, they aren't bugged.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information