Thread: T1 Human House bug

Default T1 Human House bug

Hello all. I recently finished my T1 house, well tent, really but thats not the point.
    When I look out from the inside I can see through the walls. Is this a know bug? Even when Im outside and looking in through the front door, the back and side walls are invisible.
    Not really a big deal, the storage aspect still works, but kinda ruins the 'feel' of it, ya know.
    Just wondering if anyone else had an issue like this.

Default Re: T1 Human House bug

This has been an issue since day one with tents
    16 100 crafting classes....getting closer

Oh, so AE is getting right on this then. jk.
    Seriously, thanks for the reply. I sent in a ticket, but I believe it takes a while for them to get back to people.
    Are all the tents like that? I have a blue and brown almost done as well.

Bandisher may indeed be right that it's a bug, but I was just wondering if you have "cloth effects" (I think that's the name of it) turned on in Options, and if not whether doing so would make the walls visible from the interior.

Just a thought.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

uhm. Good suggestion. Ill try that when I get home and let you guys knows.
    Thanks.

trollkind

The cloth effects aren't of graphical nature, they are cloth physique simulation, which is unique in mmorpgs afaik. You can use the stoneworks tentroof as a trampoline for example or the big cloth spools on the clothworks react to you.
    This may be a directx 9+ card problem. I have a Geforce4 and tents look ok for me but even if I can't see through the sides of the tent I get a disturebed texture that looks like they don't have one layer with textures on both sides but two layers in the same position with one texture on one side. Would be very strange if the engine couldn't support 2sided materials. On plants it works as intended, maybe because they have an alpha channel.
    I hope they look into this, I never thought about it since I don't have the problem but I will have a tent only plot.

Never seen something like this, you only go inside the tent or is there something special you do, some certain position to inhabit for that to appear?

Horizons Empire

If Im in side the tennt or, looking inside through the front door, the walls are invisible. I didnt get a chance to try anything last night, maybe tonight.
    I have a ATI 9600 128 card. Uhm ... I remember people saying Horizons wasnt ATIs best friend, maybe the card is the problem.
    At the storage works, so game play wise its ok. Just looks lame.

I believe it has to do with some of the cloth textures only being 1 sided. For instance most (if not all) tapastries and penants that hang in doorways are only seen from the outside, from the inside they don't exsist. (at least for me )

Pillaging the land and spreading Pandemonium Amongst Chaos
    Stranyr Al-Qroni
    Knight of Creation/Sorcerer
    GuildMaster of Pirates of Pandemonium

It was happening to me also before the last patch. But currently it seems to be fixed (on Order)

Ex-Moderator
    Lauryav|Unity| Lvl 100 Wizard- Lvl 8x Mage - Lvl 82 Weaver

You like to say after the latest patch, no problem has gone away. My house/tent has walls!

Unai

I have the same problem buy slightly different.
    When I'm inside a tier I house (that is, the big brown tent) I don't see the tent's walls too, AND (through those "invisible" tent walls) I don't see the buildings behind neither, I see only the landscape... Those buggy walls kindof avoid the view of structures. Let me explain it with an example: if I'm inside my tent, looking at the entrance, I see just a "door" of the things that are outside, that is, though the entrance is see correctly, but though the tent walls (which are invisible) I don't see the buildings outside, but just the ground and the static trees and the like.
    The same problem happens when I'm below water: if I look a building from below the water, the building disappears and I see only the landscape (ground, trees, mountains, sky, etc); when I come out of the water I can see buildings again.
    The smaller tents (the grandfathered ones, blue and brown), work correctly and have no bugs: the walls are opaque and I don't see though them.

Thread Information