Default Maintenance time?

What time on Tuesdays does it start at?
    And what actualy do they do?

And what is the average time its down?

Thanks...if its posted some place i cant seem to find it

Default Re: Maintenance time?

Quote Originally Posted by goingnuts View Post
    What time on Tuesdays does it start at?
    Early on Tuesday mornings, Pacific Standard Time.

And what actualy do they do?
    Various server and database clean-up/maintenance tasks, any OS or software updates, any hardware maintenance/upgrades, and then patching.

And what is the average time its down?
    Depends entirely upon what is being done. Content updates typically make it run much longer than other types of maintenance. But all are measured in hours.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Kind if vague...dont you think?
    But thanks for the imput..

Kind if vague...dont you think?
    But thanks for the imput..
    Yes, very vague. Can't really give specifics as what is done changes from week to week. And, we learned long ago to hardly ever give time estimates. Sorry.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

what's vague about it? seems pretty comprehensive to me, totally answers your questions....
    what are you still unclear about?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

lol, velveeta...
    i think i'll be able to nail down the time maintenance is done as soon as i'm done nailing down water... and just as effectively ;-)
    but for now... i have a game to play :-)

Like is there a actuale time they start at?
    Is what i wanted to know..

The start time probably depends on when they get in.

If you are used to SoE and Blizzard, etc., who have large numbers of people dedicated to the task of getting all their servers updated and maintained on a fairly fixed schedule with short down-times, it may take some time to get used to life in the world of a small development house.

I usually assume that I don't have access to the server on Tuesday from the time I get up (late, but EDT) until after I get back home late afternoon.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

Like is there a actuale time they start at?
    Is what i wanted to know..
    I see they changed the message on the launcher for the maintenance schedule but it has been at 5 AM Pacific previously. That was the time Order came down this morning, as I was busy cussing Feladan lag trying to get another run of radiant essence. Why, oh why, does everyone want to herd the radiants to Lagadan?

Dracaena

I think people like herding the radiants to Feladan because they're unguarded and because there's a portal close to the field.

Where would you rather they be?

The swamp where creatures can kill you in two hits?
    Valley of Respose where the wisps are no where near a portal nor pad?
    Acul that not only has dangerous treants, but the area is so spread out that it is very difficult to find wisps because Radiants are usually the last to spawn everywhere.
    Drakul that has no portal out and is biped inaccessible?

Feledan is the only spot that makes sense because it has no mobs, the radiants are fairly close together (means you can get a full load using only one potion) and the portal out is close by. Not only that but there is a shaper there and we can get up to 6 radiants in Feledan.

Shian is absolutely right!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I would vote for Valley of Repose. The wisps are right with the channeler. The portal is free. I would have to time it but I doubt more then a few seconds difference between road bonus all the way in Valley of Repose, to road bonus only up to the Feladan wall and then waiting for the lag wall to permit you to continue moving to the channeler and/or portal.

The consigner at Feladan is gone. That is one of the reasons Feladan was so popular in the past. There are player plots out in Valley of Repose. It would be possible if someone was inclined to make a public connie, vault, and player bonus shop for orb making. Not possible to put in any player shops at Feladan. Valley of Repose is safe, I leveled confectioner years ago out there with a lv20 character. You have to look hard to find the wolves over by the granite which is no where near where the wisps are.

Oh yeah, maintenance every Tuesday like clockwork.

Dracaena

I have seen threads derailed by shouts and tears; however this is the first time I have seen one derailed by a bunch of wisp-ers.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee i was gonna say something the other day, sword, but i figured i was the last person to call out thread derails.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information