Thread: Consignment advantages

Default Consignment advantages

I have 2 questions:

1. I would like to ask if someone can give a listing of advantages that a consignment shop owner has. I have been searching and have notas of yet found the information Iam looking for.

2. Someone wrote (and i cant remember who or where) thatthe consignment shop owners were suppose to get a percentage of the income as well as being able to put more items in the shop. I would appreciate any information that i can get about this as well.

Thank you for any information I can get.

Rajha Shrha

Default Re: Consignment advantages

I think I read in another thread that the owner gets an extra 10 items to list. But no proceeds.

I have some questions on this matter as well.
    I was reading here that the T1 connie shops have a 17% charge for putting items up. Now, that is almost twice as much as a normal one, so whats the point of using it? Im gonna build on my plot, but Im afraid it'll be used by only me. Plus, do the owners have to pay to put items on? Kinda doesnt make sense if they do, but oh well.
    Also, as stated above, id like to know for sure if the owner gets anything back on the % charges if other people use them.
    I guess, if anyone owns a connie on their plot, maybe they be so kind as to enlighten us to the pros and cons. [:D]
    Thankya.

Monja

Hello,

I was the owner of an Consignment Shop on the former Earth Shard.

I can say that the owner didn't get any percentages of the sold items or of the consignment fees.
    A lot players thought it would be so, but it wasn't. The only advantage I had was to put in 20 items.

I don't know the fees from the new consis, but I think it'll be still the same that you don't get any money from the sold items.

Consigners have never offered their owners much if anything. When I built mine, way back in February, I did it to benefit the community and not as a business proposition. It turns out that no one ever really used it. It just sat there in the corner of Morning Light and was ignored. Only a few consignment shops ever really get popular since people aren't going to go around checking the stock in dozens of different shops. In the past it was Parsinia that was the hot spot for player built consigners on our shard. Since it was the only player town with vault access, it made sense that's where people went.

With all the new towns and complicated gate linkages I don't know where the most popular spot for consigners will be. Possibly Bristugo, since it's a crossroads of sort. I have no illusion that my plot in Last Stand is going to be in any sort of hot spot. There is a gate there, but the linkage to it is indirect.

A variant usage of consigners is as guild or personal storage. If you lock your consigner down you can put stacks there for ridiculously low prices with a minimal consignment fee. That's a week of storage for 10 or 20 stacks. And it's a lot easier than putting up that many silos. The consignment fee on tier 1 consigners doesn't really matter when you use it like that. This sort of use drove me nuts when I first heard of it. But AE ruled that it wasn't an exploit and even added mechanisms to lock the shops down separately from the plot.

So don't expect to get rich off consignment shops or anything else you build. Construction is either for vanity or convenience, not riches. I respect most those who manage to construct something of convenience to the entire community. I award extra points if it's esthetically pleasing also.
    Ikfel the Crafty Dwarf
    Level 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Miner, Scholar, and Outfitter

Thread Information