Thread: Plot Constuction - Tree, leafy large

Default Plot Constuction - Tree, leafy large

Hi All,

I am trying to build some "Tree, leaf large" on my plot. Everytime I place one, no matter where it is placed, when I try to contribute to them I keep getting the message "You are too far away from the structure to do construction". I have tried every inch of the border of this thing in hopes that it might just be touchy where you are standing, but nothing has worked. I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there is a work around for it.

Thanks in advance,
    Toven Dayye, Chaos

Default Re: Plot Constuction - Tree, leafy large

Some people build something on the ground next to the planter so that they can climb up on it to contribute. You can also use /setscale to change the apparent size of the planter (but I think that may affect the final size of the tree).

This is one of those long term bugs that never seems to be on the devs to-fix list.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

Incase anyone else is having this trouble, placing the Fall Harvest decoration: Medium Grave works perfectly as a stepping stone to get ontop of the planter. U dont need to build the grave for this to work, just place it next to the planter. Thanks for the idea Gwendora!
    Toven Dayye, Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by SwordMage View Post
    Some people build something on the ground next to the planter so that they can climb up on it to contribute. You can also use /setscale to change the apparent size of the planter (but I think that may affect the final size of the tree).

This is one of those long term bugs that never seems to be on the devs to-fix list.
    Set increasingly large jack o' lanterns alongside the planter but do not build them. They become steps up to get in where you need to place the building units. Then when the tree is done, you can delete the unbuilt jack o' lanterns (they look like pumpkins).

I used the pile of presents build option (not actually building them though). Can't remember offhand which one it was, but worked great

alternatively, use the mod for replacing unbuilt structures with (say) a large leafy plant or box. Cuts down massively on lag, and makes unfinished plots look far less messy. On my system, all planned, but unbuilt plots have large leafy plants instead of scaffolding. Far more pleasant to the eye.
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Just keep all the construction resources you need to build the tree on your character. Stand right in the middle of where you want it. Plan the tree on top of you. You will then be inside the planter box where you can apply the resources. After you apply the planter box goes away and you are standing next to a shiny new tree leafy large.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordMage View Post

If you use setscale on the tree and then finish it (in that setscale-state) you afterwards need to clean your cache, and will then have the tree back at its right size.

A much simpler solution I have found, is using setscale on myself instead (setscale 0). Since I started doing this I have always been able to find some small crevice somewhere along the edge of the planter, where I could simply pass underneath the edge.

Thread Information