Thread: Recent Role Play Rant

Default Recent Role Play Rant

So apparently, many members of the order shard are being blamed by specific people/characters for things that happen in role plays. The stupid part is, these members are being blamed for things that couldn't possibly be their fault. I'm getting sick and tired of dragons on the Order shard fighting with each other and taking it out on others.

Default Re: Recent Role Play Rant

I think the best rule-of-thumb is this:

If it doesn't pertain to you, and you have no interest in joining in, just ignore it.

If someone tries to blame you for something you know you aren't guilty of, ignore them.

If that someone persists and starts harassing you/friends/etc, file a ticket.

I don't get why people just can't keep their noses to themselves, keep their noses out of what doesn't directly affect them. If they don't like an RP, they.... *gasp* don't need to take part in it, or even read it.

I'm not singling anyone out here, in fact I have no idea what the OP is talking about exactly, but I've heard similar complaints from others about others, and it is just.... ugh.

Why can't we all get along?

Again: Don't like/agree with an RP? Keep your nose out of it, don't even read the text.

Let them have their fun, and they'll let you have yours and everyone will be happy.

Problem Solved.

I, myself, have seen some RPs over the years I've been in Istaria that I personally disagreed with. What did I do? I didn't complain, whine, or moan... I just shrugged, and stopped reading it, and went about my business. The RP had nothing to do with me, so I just ignored it and kept my nose in my own business.

If someone tries to RP with you and you don't like their RP? Politely inform them that you have no interest and move on.

I'm not the one taking part in these RPs. I'm being informed of them by others, specifically my friend, that is trying to prevent her friends from being bullied. This goes on both OOC and IC. So no, the problem isn't solved. It's friends attempting to look out for each other and stand up to those that bring down others.

Not entirely sure of what the situation is here, as I've not heard about it. If people are getting harassed though, I think there is some function, perhaps on the support site, to report people. If that exists, use it. If not, or it doesn't solve the problem, make use of the ignore feature in the game. I know it doesn't do much, but it's there. The big problem is if whatever group of bullies is turning others against your friends. In that case, the most you can really do is try to fight whatever they're spreading in some way.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

As has been said by others, if someone is being harassed in game, please submit a support ticket with logs of the chat (or screenshots).

The forums really are not the place to discuss such harassment, and thus I'm closing this thread.

Thread Information