Thread: Old Newbie Returns

Smile Old Newbie Returns

As some of you may already know from seeing me in chat on Order, I am an old player though I never got far past my newbie stage. I played Istaria back when it was first called Horizons and owned by Atari. My fiancee and I both played actually though it's been so many years I can't recall how we first found it. Being the obsessed dragon fanatic that I am (I have collectibles all over my house), I was instantly in love.

The fact that I could play a dragon at all enthralled me and even though I am experienced now with MMOs, the character creation still impresses me to this day. The amount of customization is something I still talk about, even during my years with other MMOs. I can honestly say that I have never been as happy designing a character as I was (and am again) here.

Unfortunately, my fiancee and I left Horizons (for good we thought at the time) after they consolidated the servers and we could no longer find resources anywhere. We are both addicted to crafting within games. When we couldn't find the base resources even in or near the newbie areas and couldn't find what we needed while exploring the new landscape, we got fed up and left.

So as you can see, several years later my fiancee finds Horizons again, called by a different name now and as we learned, having changed hands a few times. My fiancee started with a free account and soon after informed me that the landscape was more like we remembered from our newbie days and that resources were not hard to find anymore.

I've been lurking in the forums for a few weeks now, somewhat disheartened to see that many posts and threads on their first pages are a couple of years old. I also can see that there are also some fans that remain with the game as vacant as the server feels sometimes, which makes me very happy. I'm glad there are such stubborn folk out there. I don't know why an MMO hasn't done the dragon thing since it obviously works well enough here but at least it gives us a core group of fans right? :P

Anyhoo I thought that since I decided to pay for a sub after my trial ran out, (I'm not ready to give up my dragon obsession yet) that I would introduce myself. If you see Malysith (myself) or Gabrail (my fiancee) in game, feel free to say Hi. We both enjoy roleplaying and look forward to RPing with people here. Eventually I'll put an in character bio up on the forums too, I like to see forum participation.

Default Re: Old Newbie Returns

Welcome back to Istaria!

The Ice Queen has Awaken!http://dragcave.net/user/Carsia

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

most welcome home to you, lady, and your beloved!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

*serves LadyMarisa a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

Always happy to see new oldies, or did you say you're an old newbie..
    Greetings and Welcome!

Cixi, gnome extraordinaire
    Order

Thread Information