Thread: Better Combat Filters

Default Better Combat Filters

This is something that has been irking me a little for awhile now.

Most other games have a way to filter out some combat, but allow you to see other combat, but this game seems to be lacking something I would term as crucial:

Currently, we have the ability to choose whether or not to see our own combat feedback. This is good, and works as it should (though more categories might have been nice, but that's a minor thing).

What I'd like to change, however, is the "Other person" categories. Currently, if you enable the "Other people" filters, you ALSO filter out your party members, too.

Could we get that split up a bit, say...

Your Combat Feedback
    Party Members' Combat Feedback
    Non-Party Members' Combat Feedback

So that we don't get spam by any random Joe fighting near us, but yet we can see what goes on in our own group? It would be nice for a healer to see that a party member suddenly got whacked 5/5 Multistrike without having to keep his eyes glued to the HP meters, etc.

Or, better yet, it might help if said healer were to see that his fellow party member got a bad debuff casted on him that needs cleansed ASAP. Given that there's no way to see debuffs on the HP meters window, this would help.

Default Re: Better Combat Filters

(only @ Dhalin)
    (rofl Dhalin- poor Joe might need a heal too )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: Better Combat Filters

Well, if a player is interested in non-party members, then they can have a separate window for that, or keep those boxes unchecked. I'd think that would be incredibly spammy though, if you left the 'other person' stuff unfiltered, as you'd see battle text from everyone who's fighting nearby, party member or not.

Thread Information