Thread: Youtube video question.

Default Youtube video question.

How does one rip audio (or even video) from a youtube video, for personal viewing/listening?

I've been trying to brainstorm various ways I could accomplish this.

I'm not trying to steal someone's work, or anything, but... I saw a song in a video I very much like, and I attempted to get said song through iTunes, but they don't have that particular version. They have a few other versions, but none of them sound as good/right as THIS particular version.

I also know of a few youtube videos I particularly like, and would like to save both them and me bandwidth as I know I am going to want to watch them on a regular basis, and it is doing both me and them a favor if I could just save them on my HDD.

Either way... the only way I can come up with thusfar, is to either line-out to a recording device (the messy way), or to maybe use something like FRAPS if Youtube/Flash outputs to DirectX.... I don't know if they output to DirectX though... do they? I think FRAPS only works on dX and glide, and similar?

Anyone know something I'm missing?

Bah... note to self, try googling before posting. I didn't think this would seriously be on Google lol. I should have known. Now to see if this actually Works...

1:20 into the video and it sounds perfect. wow.

Nevermind, hehe. I found the answer. Thanks anyways!
    Last edited by Dhalin; August 7th, 2010 at 03:30 AM.

Thread Information