Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 187 Discussion

Default Blight Update 187 Discussion

Very nice patch - should remove lots of aggrevation "Straws on the Camel's Back".

Knossos

Default Re: Blight Update 187 Discussion

I am curious as to why all the guards seem to no longer guard their cities. (I know not all, but every patch seems to have a few more) Especially for lower level characters, the guards are VERY helpful. Have had my tail saved a number of times by them. If the problem is kill-stealing, then decrease their agro radius, and only have them join as social adds to PCs. I know the guards at the Militia Building in Kion are VERY agressive towards the beetles, but that should be fixable without just turning them off.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quest items used in the Imperial Army quest line are now attuned.

Can you clarify what items this refers to please Amon?

Is it the fafnir hides, daknor hides, ceremonial shield, ceremonial scale?

Nielenoss has taken the Master designs and perfected his own - Master Flying Cargo Disk, Master Cargo Disk Flyer, as well as the needed components, Master Laminate, Master Energized Azulyte, Master Imbued Brick and Master Engraving.

Why not put them on Frig instead?

There was feedback not so long ago that there aren't sufficent master forms on Frig and that it isn't worth a Dragon doing the rank token quests.

Putting them on Frig gives a Dragon a reason to do the rank token quests.

Snow Beetles are now known as Nix Beetles.

Gold Rage IV Quest points to Snow Beetles, can't see any mention on the patch notes of this quest being updated.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

No longer required to stand on objects to apply items to the Tree, leafy Large !!! yay
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Went to frig yto get the master tarbash form. I had rank tokens and tried to get one, but he said Imperial Rank Tokens cannot be traded. So I went to my plot and made a bunch of travertine blocks and completed 8 quests and got 8 more tokens thinking my old ones expired. But still got the same result tokens cannot be traded.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

And are master strut, spring, and hinge forms available in Kirasanct?

Found the spring, strut and hinge forms in aug just need the disk form now.

I am having the same problem - Imperial Rank Tokens cannot be traded to Frig for formulas. I get the message that he does not accept tokens for trade.

Thaalia of Order

He is still setup to take tokens, nothing with that changed. The problem it would seem is with the rank tokens.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; August 13th, 2010 at 12:34 PM.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Quest items used in the Imperial Army quest line are now attuned.

Can you clarify what items this refers to please Amon?

Is it the fafnir hides, daknor hides, ceremonial shield, ceremonial scale?
    The hides, yes.

Nielenoss has taken the Master designs and perfected his own - Master Flying Cargo Disk, Master Cargo Disk Flyer, as well as the needed components, Master Laminate, Master Energized Azulyte, Master Imbued Brick and Master Engraving.

Why not put them on Frig instead?

There was feedback not so long ago that there aren't sufficent master forms on Frig and that it isn't worth a Dragon doing the rank token quests.

Putting them on Frig gives a Dragon a reason to do the rank token quests.
    Because Frig doesn't handle Dragon Cargo Disks, Nielenoss does.

Snow Beetles are now known as Nix Beetles.

Gold Rage IV Quest points to Snow Beetles, can't see any mention on the patch notes of this quest being updated.
    I encourage you to look for yourself in these cases. But yes, Gold Rage IV was updated. I didn't feel a need to list every single change related to this renaming.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    I am curious as to why all the guards seem to no longer guard their cities. (I know not all, but every patch seems to have a few more) Especially for lower level characters, the guards are VERY helpful. Have had my tail saved a number of times by them. If the problem is kill-stealing, then decrease their agro radius, and only have them join as social adds to PCs. I know the guards at the Militia Building in Kion are VERY agressive towards the beetles, but that should be fixable without just turning them off.
    No, it isn't actually. Its either all or nothing with them. But, to answer your question, we don't feel that its a useful use of server resources. They can better be used elsewhere.

by the way, the cargo disk issue is a known one that will be fixed with a quick patch very soon.

noooo Amon- not the hides please!!!
    How shall we get those together if we cannot trade them?

Its hard enough to get them. They HAVE to be tradeable. It did no harm in the past.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    noooo Amon- not the hides please!!!
    How shall we get those together if we cannot trade them?

Its hard enough to get them. They HAVE to be tradeable. It did no harm in the past.
    I agree with Lovs here

Doesn't make sense to me why they are being attuned. People have done trades in the past with these hides for other hides and/or other epic pieces.

If anything you are just making the quests harder to complete now

(how are you supposed to do /randoms in a group and then get the relevant person to loot the hide before the mob goes poof??)

*Rant*
    If this is the way things are going with the epics, how long until all epic pieces get attuned on loot?
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    No, it isn't actually. Its either all or nothing with them. But, to answer your question, we don't feel that its a useful use of server resources. They can better be used elsewhere.
    That's a real shame, the guards are/were the only NPC's - exept from Pratt who actually do/did something. And not just something but something usefull!
    If they don't do anything anymore name them city hangabouts or something. A guard who doesn't guard doesn't deserve the name.

And I'm agreeing with Lov & Chasing.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Doesn't make sense
    My vote in here as well.. one got few identical hides someone got the others, why we cant trade and make complete sets..
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

(how are you supposed to do /randoms in a group and then get the relevant person to loot the hide before the mob goes poof??)
    Or, what do you when someone accidentally loots it?

I'm going to have to say that I disagree with the idea of attuning epic drops as well.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Minor update being applied to Blight Testing Shard today, August 13th.

• Hides used in the Imperial Army quests are no longer attuned.
    Thank you Amon for changing them back.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Are you going to add the necessary master forms to make the flying disk forms also? Azulyte crystal, adamantium engraving, imbued brick and laminate?

Thank you Amon, for changing back hides and token.
    That really helps, much appreciated!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information