Thread: Dragon crafting cogs

Default Dragon crafting cogs

I was wondering why there are no dragon crafting cogs?
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Default Re: Dragon crafting cogs

I'd still like to see dragons able to craft the crystals - maybe if they ever get to, then there will be dragon crafting cogs too?

I'd give my upper-left canine tooth* for, say... a lairshaper cog (gemworking crystalshaping lairshaping, maybe, so we can have both a Miner's cog and a cog with gemworking equipped at the same time? please? yes?) and some kind of scalecraft cog. As it stands you can get by without them, but... but... but I want cog-love too!

I guess the problem is what would you put on the scalecraft cog? You can make an argument for stone or metal, and harvesting or processing, and in almost any case off the top of my head it'd then have compatibility issues with being in the same tool claw as another cog to cover what skills the scalecraft cog can't give you.

*I don't have it anymore! Ha-HA, suckers.

Maybe do Scalecraft, Spellcraft, Transmutation for the Dragon Craft Cog?
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Don't know if you are aware but a lairshaping cog does exist

I've only found a lvl 70 version on Chaos and I have a feeling that other lvls never got released.

Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Don't know if you are aware but a lairshaping cog does exist

I've only found a lvl 70 version on Chaos and I have a feeling that other lvls never got released.
    I seem to recall Amon saying that was a mistake when asked it the others were out there, but I couldn't link a quote to my rememberance.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

I don't see why there shouldn't be a Dragon craft cog.

The only crafts that have no cogs whatsoever:

Dragon Scalecraft
    Dragon Lairshaping
    Crystalshaping

Everything else can be found on a cog, and since cogs normally have 3 crafts, there you go.

Put these on a cog, call it the "Dragon Crafter's Cog" and its a done deal. Or, if you don't like the "cog" bit, you could call it a Dragon Crafter's Crystal or something, I dunno. *shrug* Either way, it is kinda unfair that dragons get no cogs, 'cept for crafts they share with bipeds.

Completing the Lairshaper Cogs is on our internal to-do list. But Dragon Crafter isn't.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Completing the Lairshaper Cogs is on our internal to-do list. But Dragon Crafter isn't.
    Ok I'll ask. Why not? Every biped school as their own so why not dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Image View Post
    Ok I'll ask. Why not? Every biped school as their own so why not dragons?
    No, every biped school does not. The basic crafting schools (Blacksmith, Outfitter, Scholar) don't. Dragon Crafter is a basic school.

(and before someone says it, yes, I know that Miner, Gatherer and Jeweler do). But they aren't the truly basic schools you learn in the tutorials.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

No, every biped school does not. The basic crafting schools (Blacksmith, Outfitter, Scholar) don't. Dragon Crafter is a basic school.

(and before someone says it, yes, I know that Miner, Gatherer and Jeweler do). But they aren't the truly basic schools you learn in the tutorials.
    Yes, but schools like Blacksmith and Outfitter have +Weaponcraft, +Fletching, +Metalworking, +Weaving and +Armorcraft from other schools' cogs (like Tinkerer's Cog, Fletcher's Cog, Tailor's Cog, etc). I have several of them in my biped's vault. They aren't _named_ "Blacksmith's Cog" but there ARE cogs that give bonuses to those tradeskills.

However, there are no cogs that give +Dragon Scalecraft.

It is the only crafting skill in the game that has no cog (except for Lairshaping and Crystalshaping that is).

Edti : nevermind, Dhalin said what I was going to say already.
    Last edited by Xarog; August 22nd, 2010 at 06:44 PM.

There's no "Blacksmith" Cog because there's no need, since the skills are on other cogs. Having a Blacksmith cog would be redundant. Having a DragonCrafter/Lairshaper cog would not be redundant, or break some "rule" about basic schools not supposing to have cogs.

Thread Information