Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imperial army: investigate the source of the raids

Default Imperial army: investigate the source of the raids

soo ive been stuck with this quest for a while, what do i actually have to do at [discover the kwellen raiders' true motives]

i think i read somewhere that you had to kill Daknor the Berserk and loot a hide, well i tried that and got [charred portion of hide]. but no quest update

Default Re: Imperial army: investigate the source of the raids

good that you wrote that meepsa.
    Was just going to do the same

we try for months now- but no success.
    We killed Daknor, Berseks- nothing-
    Quest stays with: 0/1

I can imagine why.
    There once was autoloot of a hide (signed as far as I remember) for everyone who killed Daknor first time.
    Nothing now
    We just tried yesterday with a group (though there was a good hide in loot).
    And all felt fooled

So pls look at that again Amon- there must be a bug somewhere.

(*rant on* and look at my Daknor Fafnir thread- it really gets VERY annoying)
    (*rant off* thank you)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

thanks for telling, my friends and i have been going crazy about what I was doing wrong, 'glad' to hear its just a bug.

Long time running. I did manage to get the hide off Daknor for the source of the raids but I am stuck on the next step for more evidence. Last I was able to tell the berserker's weren't dropping any hides. Though I haven't tried to get a group to look again lately, my Australian buddies have been scarce. Seems pointless until we hear the drop rate is fixed.

Dracaena

but at least you did step one
    do you remember how, pls?

The Singed Scrap does not come from Daknor. However, the quest was broken and has been fixed as of Patch 187 on Blight.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Singed always came from Daknor (quest)-
    at least is that what we (vet player from order and chaos) know.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Singed always came from Daknor (quest)-
    at least is that what we (vet player from order and chaos) know.
    Just making it harder on yourselves actually, having to kill Daknor twice.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Just making it harder on yourselves actually, having to kill Daknor twice.
    Umm..... twice? I do remember killing him many many more times than that. You can look on the wiki to see what you need to do for the quest but unless the devs changed the drop rate on Daknor (so he drops all the hide in one go) you are going to be killing him a lot more than twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
    Umm..... twice? I do remember killing him many many more times than that. You can look on the wiki to see what you need to do for the quest but unless the devs changed the drop rate on Daknor (so he drops all the hide in one go) you are going to be killing him a lot more than twice.
    Go read the latest patch notes.

ok I use to read patch notes always very carefully.

And I reread the last patch notes.

I found no answer to our questions.
    Can somebody pls give me the link for infos about Daknor quest?

Thank you in advance

Oh, sorry, it was marked as "internal".

Broken keyword in the ExtraLoot trigger in quest "Imperial Army: Investigate the Source of the Raids" now points at monster_type_kwellen_blighted

you keep me busy Amon

pls check again: We`ve been hunting on blight yesterday.
    As far as I remember- the hide that dropped from a blight hound was not tradeable.
    Meeps- did you try to trade the Fafnir hide?
    Vel- the hide you`ve looted was from the doggy- right?

The "Singed Scrap" was always given on the first kill of Daknor once the quest was at that point. That hide plus 3 others are then needed to be turned in to complete the quest. So 4 hides and at least being in on one Daknor kill were the quests requirements.

It's definately been broken tho for many months since we noticed the quest changed earlier this year to what I thought was a new quest: users who have completed the quest can go greet the quest giver, it gives them the quest again, and then upon killing daknor a shield is immediately placed in inventory... no hides needed. I thought that the quest had been changed so that a single daknor kill was all that was needed and the hides were being done away with, but apparently it's just bugged. New users who get the quest seem to be getting a bugged version based on these posts. I thought it was changed to a new one which was why it let players who had completed the old one get it again.

So apparently, if you have already done the quest, you can now do it again, but if you have never done it, your stuck. i.e. it's bugged.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    The "Singed Scrap" was always given on the first kill of Daknor once the quest was at that point. That hide plus 3 others are then needed to be turned in to complete the quest. So 4 hides and at least being in on one Daknor kill were the quests requirements.

It's definately been broken tho for many months since we noticed the quest changed earlier this year to what I thought was a new quest: users who have completed the quest can go greet the quest giver, it gives them the quest again, and then upon killing daknor a shield is immediately placed in inventory... no hides needed. I thought that the quest had been changed so that a single daknor kill was all that was needed and the hides were being done away with, but apparently it's just bugged. New users who get the quest seem to be getting a bugged version based on these posts. I thought it was changed to a new one which was why it let players who had completed the old one get it again.

So apparently, if you have already done the quest, you can now do it again, but if you have never done it, your stuck. i.e. it's bugged.
    No, it is fixed on Blight. There is no "old quest" versus "new quest". You will need to drop the quest and get it again however to get the fixed one.

*quits her job in the Imperial Army (and this thread^^), and decides to go fishing in Mia`s and enjoy the moonrises there instead*

I picked up the quest after it had been changed the last time. I was too low level when this quest was new to do it back then. The night we killed Daknor, myself and one other was on the quest. I was the only one who could see the singed hide on the corpse, so I looted it. The other person who had the quest in the log couldn't see it. I am not positive but I think I heard that other person say they already had all the hides and just needed the quest updates to use them. I am suspecting that is the reason they couldn't see the hide on the body but it also prevented them from updating as they already had the hides.

With the quest getting worked on again, does this mean I will have to start over also? Getting a group to go kill Daknor takes months.

Dracaena

Quote Originally Posted by Dracaena View Post
    I picked up the quest after it had been changed the last time. I was too low level when this quest was new to do it back then. The night we killed Daknor, myself and one other was on the quest. I was the only one who could see the singed hide on the corpse, so I looted it. The other person who had the quest in the log couldn't see it. I am not positive but I think I heard that other person say they already had all the hides and just needed the quest updates to use them. I am suspecting that is the reason they couldn't see the hide on the body but it also prevented them from updating as they already had the hides.

With the quest getting worked on again, does this mean I will have to start over also? Getting a group to go kill Daknor takes months.

Dracaena
    Please read what I posted earlier. You don't have to kill Daknor for that hide.

just a heads-up, i completed this quest a few days ago, i just hunted blighted kwellens for the kwellen hides, and blight hounds for the hounds hides, worked like a charm.

a little question though: why can the kwellen hides be traded, while the hound hides can't?

Thread Information