Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Leet, roleplay, and just spelling

Default Re: Leet, roleplay, and just spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Sereamha View Post
    I have so many people on ignore now....it really is a sad thing.

I have reported three people already, but support stated they can not do anything without screencaps and logs.
    It was the same response I got. We are pretty much alone with dealing with this situation though the problem there lies with the way to go about doing it. Sadly we can't ignore it, as it will grow and become a problem for the whole server.. its why I have not put anyone on ignore just yet. :/

So screencap and log then! Screenies woudn't be hard just expand the chat window and keep taking them.

And there are ways to log chat - I know because when I was a guild officer we often logged all chats, to help avoid draaaammasassss...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Flame and me have never been invis- in 6 years.
    But we gonna do that now.
    No accusations- no drama.
    But it seems, there is a new generation of gamers landed in Istaria.

And meanwhile I get a nervous tick if I receive tells, starting with
    "hi"--only-- "hi"

Maybe I`m old, maybe I`m obsolete
    sure- I always was and still am always willing to assist, but..

uhh- I think being invis is a real good idea atm
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    So screencap and log then! Screenies woudn't be hard just expand the chat window and keep taking them.

And there are ways to log chat - I know because when I was a guild officer we often logged all chats, to help avoid draaaammasassss...
    I know about the chat logs and screencap locations, but really that isn't the issue. Vitrum gave me a list of things that are considered 'against the rules' none of which include the Order Server RP Rules list. Basically even if we did give the logs and screencaps, it wouldn't fall under anything that they themselves will deal with.

Wow, for Lov to go Invisible...

Have things _truly_ gone that bad?

I haven't been playing lately (too dang busy RL), but when I do play again... ick. Oh well, can't be helped I suppose..

Quote Originally Posted by Starstilanxs View Post
    I know about the chat logs and screencap locations, but really that isn't the issue. Vitrum gave me a list of things that are considered 'against the rules' none of which include the Order Server RP Rules list. Basically even if we did give the logs and screencaps, it wouldn't fall under anything that they themselves will deal with.
    Perhaps we should do it anyway...if it becomes enough of aproblem that it starts driving away the older sub players (for these probably free account players...or temp at best) then it may become something they decide to deal with..

Or maybe its just hoping, I too haven't logged in in awhile to know how bad it is but if its effecting many more elder players as much as Luv then this isn't a good trend.

But maybe..just maybe..its temporary...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I agree with Frith on this, hopefully it is temporary~ Even one of my true walls was disappeared into leet speak and faces -in the Role-play chat-, so now I play in the Valley in the Mountains roleplay chat. There you can get rid of the leet and faces and even horrible spelling, but it is always good to give these people a chance to shape-up and actually listen.

Also, /blocking is a neccessary for me now. Used to, I never had anyone on my blocked list (besides Pratt and Milicent. Geoff walks free because he refuses to be blocked) and now it is actually full~ THAT, for me, is not good~

And I think that the server select, the (Role-play) part of the name needs to have a flashing light, all caps, and the words to be bright colors and an ambience that screams 'THIS IS A ROLE-PLAY SERVER' when you click on it~!

Two reasons I never role-play in main, I'm either roleplaying another alt OR there are too many people not following the (( and )) rules.

I have not had trouble with /tell, but that is because I avoid places where the 'noobs?' tend to hang out. Also, no one loves one who crafts too much~! Or maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones.....

There should indeed be something done about this~ Especially older players who are just returning to a game where the Role-play was good, to be greeted by just plain l33t-sp33ch(Leet-speech).
    I'm the kind of person who will burst out laughing in dead silence about something that happened yesterday.

Don't knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run; he hate's that.

Thread Information