Thread: The Watchers (artwork)

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Smile The Watchers (artwork)

Larger
    Gallery

~<Gengel>~

Default Re: The Watchers (artwork)

Soo wonderful, as usual

It casts a big smile on my face when I look at it.

It feels right, a bit too narrow for a drag there^(can see how the drag pulls in its tummy^^)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

we are so pleased that you have stayed in istaria to grace us with you work, geng!! lovely and wonderful as always!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Cool Re: The Watchers (artwork)

Awesome as always! The breath of fire in the dragon's mouth looks perfect to me. Just the right amount of color and transparency. And, it gives the appearance of the flame swirling and moving in just the right way. The textures on the dragon and the building are also outstanding. As I said at the first, awesome as always!

Sent
    N.B.: I reserve the right to be wrong and exercise it frequently.
    AzureFire - Spiritist - Chaos
    Glormf Sulfurous - Hatchie - Chaos
    Ruddy Bloke - Reaver - Chaos

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Thanks everyone! I really do love all the feedback.

LOVWYRM - Now that you mentioned it... I will go look at the dragon's tummy. I wonder if its a camera angle thingy or I just messed up the pose.

velveeta - And I am so proud to have the Queen take time from her day to admire the work of her peons

SentientSeeker - I can't take credit for the textures on the models. They were purchased. I do tweak every aspect of the model from bumps, shininess, reflection... I have been playing with fire primitives in a couple of ways. It is very difficult to make realistic with the tools I have. I am glad it came across as smoldering as if something disturbed the dragon.

I spent the most time on the background landscape. I tried hard to give it an orange-sunset glow with a green miasma/fog across the mountains. The Sorceress/Mage was more of an exercise with a new hair model. I love the flexibility I have with it and I will probably do more scenes with her.

~<Gengel>~

ooh, beautiful work!

as always i love the details - the patterned stone, the weathered dome, the awesome mist in the valleys :-)
    the staff of the sorceress is cool, as she must be wearing so little ;-) not sure just what is going on with her left hand, though, almost looks like an overlay of two arms with her wide sleeve there.
    i agree completely with SentientSeeker about the dragon's breath, and i adore the way he/she sits on the sloping buttress of the dome.

lovely as always, thanks so much for sharing! :-)

ohh- just discovered this one on the loading screen. SOOO nice
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Thread Information