Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: if you had a wish..

Default Re: if you had a wish..

You all have realy greath idea,s

I would love to see some dungeon , tunnel or building in different range lvls to hunt in..

This above ground thing gets tiresome after awhile..

Yes theres is a dungeon, but its lvl 100 up only..

Have Tazoon as player based housing or turn it into a ghost city with mobs to fight and destroyed buildings.
    May be some secret passage leading to under ground tombs also or just large chambers and tunnel system.

As is Tazoo is a ghost town and always was..

Being able to bind at 2 spots would be nice... Have a spell that lets you bind any were...Something like EQ has...

And top of the list would be words from DEV,s now and then here ...its starting to feel like no ones at home....

My "wishlist":

Visible dragon scales - they don't have to be big, or placed somewhere awkward on the body; I see the head scale as being small enough to sit neatly between the eyebrows, the chest scale as a pendant-sized thing, the foreleg and hindleg scales maybe on the forearms/feet, but it'd be cool to (if you knew a character and what colour their scale sets were) to be able to just bop up to someone you know and say "You going adventuring? Want company?" based on knowing they're wearing their combat gear.

More consigned techniqued gear - it's going to be a very long time before I can make my own next scale set, and I wish I could just go to a consigner here or there and stumble onto a nice piece. I think I'm going to start listing some nice tier I and II scales, since I have a bucketload of those tier materials.... maybe someone nice can list some tier III and IV stuff? For a price, of course - good workmanship deserves reward.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Lightbulb Re: if you had a wish..

• Reverse consignment.
    • In-game email, preferably w/attachments.
    Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

Simple wish... An Epic spell that does damage over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    I wish that there was a believable economy, made with sinks able to keep up with the faucets. This indirectly gives a lot of structure to the game.

I also wish Istaria could get many more players, was "visible" somehow. Call me biased, but imho Istaria deserves to be played by at least 5 times more players, it has to appear on MMO e-zines, not a single guy I know (and I have indirect contacts with hundreds across USA, EU and Australia) even knows that Istaria exists.
    Kudos.

I wish for a war.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i wish we could get this.......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Raids, events, more festivals, more plot fluff, some lair fluff, the list goes on and on... but a raid would always be fun

Fix the Bloodstaff so that it grants the players the massive power buff and not the mobs...

Quote Originally Posted by Holth View Post
    My Grandfather was one of the wisest people I've ever known. When I was ready to blow out the candles on my birthday cake he always used to say "When you make a wish remember, the best wishes are wishing for good things for others." When I was a kid I didn't really understand the full implication of that statement. The older I get the more I understand what he meant.

So here's my wish:

I wish I had more patience for Virtruim and its team of people who work so tirelessly to make Istaria my home away from home. I wish I would stop for a minute every day to think how hard they work for so little praise . I wish I took more time to say thank you to them more often. I wish I had enough money to send them all flowers on their birthdays and huge boxes of cookies at Christmas. I wish I will always remember that the folks at Virtrium are real people with real lives and real families and hopes and dreams. I wish them all good health, long life and much joy happiness and laughter. I wish for Istaria to last forever!

Thaalia of Order
    While we do what we do (and for the most part for nothing more than we want Istaria to live) .. it often gets hard. Whenever there is a change or a new idea someone is unhappy .. "We did not get enough love - or it is unfair" .. After a while you ask yourself "Why do I spend so much of my time on people who do not appreciate the effort and sacrifices I make?"

And then - every once in a not very often while - I get to read a comment like this.

And so - In a turnabout - Thankyou Holth/Thaalia .. for giving me the encouragement I need to keep making Istaria the place we all want to live.

Lightbulb Re: if you had a wish..

As we are getting an (ever) increasing amount af attuned items etc. I find my vault and inventory getting rather full ...... so my wish would be:

a "Personal Vault Building":
    - only for attuned items
    - buildable only on your own plot (or in your own lair),
    - accessable only for the plot-/lair owner;
    - bulk and item count like that for the backpack pouches
    (= max.100 items / bulk according to tier)
    - the size of the building as big as a Tier 1 Guildhouse or a library
    - and limited to 1 per plot/lair.

(..... and I wish I could put this wish-post in "Talk to the Team"...... )

On all my screenies, I can't see what the eye color of any of my dragons that have a Trex head is. I wish the eyes were a little bigger on this head.

Trivial thing I know.

I'd like to se the original ancient models patched back into the game - officially

I'd like to see some sort of shared vault.

It would be smaller in stack count and bulk, of course, but a way to share things between characters.
    I ate the purple berries... they taste like burning.

I'd love to see visible armour (that cat armour is awesome).
    I'd really love to see more *war*.

Of course I'd love to see this game gain more exposure... perhaps the recent dev post regarding new engine tweaks could entice a few? I realise it's a different scale entirely, but when Eve revamped it's engine ... I was blown away. I don't play the game myself, but compared to it's original release it looks much better.

Perhaps for Istaria... you could consider volumetric fogging? So you'd see the fog ahead, rather than enter it and *then* everything changes. A whole heap of tweaks for the environment and weather (rain, and associated patter on the ground/water, trees blowing in the wind, etc). Maybe a few hdr effects and shadows so you can better witness the passage of the day.

And for me the inevitable ... I'd like to see the dragons roll and pitch when they're flying. Have you ever seen the game camera tilt left/right ... ever? For example flying along... you tilt the mouse to look down and make your dragon descend faster ... the dragon stays flat with wings locked out. hmm...

As the main landscape doesn't really change, and could be changed through patches, have you considered making it local on the hd? How much faster could it load (would only need to load lairs, plots, npc's, players, and bad guys) and how much higher could the view distance go as a result?

Just my thoughts anyway...

Rakku

At least having one non-human species that you don't have to pay for, if you can't play as a dragon etc for more than 2 weeks without paying.
    I dunno.

The ability to link a a view of what you look like currently in the text window.

Talking Re: if you had a wish..

Quote Originally Posted by Glaciera View Post
    I'd like to see some sort of shared vault.

It would be smaller in stack count and bulk, of course, but a way to share things between characters.
    Isn't that called housing? The unique feature of Istaria, can't imagine you missed out on this ;-)
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Thread Information