View Poll Results: Should SoGold be linked with the "epic" abilities?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • No!

5 14.29%
  • Absolutly Not!

15 42.86%
  • What were they thinking? No!

1 2.86%
  • I cry "nerf"!

1 2.86%
  • All of the above

8 22.86%
  • Yes

2 5.71%
  • I can see their point, but I still don't like it

2 5.71%
  • I can see their point, stop crying

0 0%
  • I don't care

1 2.86%

Thread: Should SoGold be linked?

Default Should SoGold be linked?

Having been gone to blight and seen that SoGold is no longer linked with bite was a good thing, but to see it linked to DWrath, Volcano and Hero's Resolve made a little unhappy to say the least.

I would shout "nerf" but I think that the devs are too hardened to that old trick. So I am putting in a poll.

It is my opinion that SoGold is not an epic ability. Simple reason is that you can get it at lvl 30. Also it was never linked to those other abilities in the first place.

To top it off, this change (in case you missed it, Delta 186: Dragon ability 'Shield of Gold' was mistakenly assigned the same timer-category as Bite. It has been re-assigned to Epic Abilities) makes it even more pointless to get the other three abilities (one of which has already had a greater than 80% reduction in strength).

So I am asking why was this necessary? And what do you think? Apparently ~50% of the characters are dragons (rough figures from a old post Amon made but can't remember where it is) so this should effect almost every single paying player (and annoy them too)

Default Re: Should SoGold be linked?

For "epic" abilities, DW and Volcano are pretty weak. I don't know if it's my build or what, but I can't even take down T2 mobs with either of them. If they're on the same timer as SoG, well then seems our "epic abilities" are not worth getting.

I voted NO (who wonders^^)

Its simply not the time to nerf this atm.

With a bigger player base, and more chars with a middle level ranking,
    maybe.. arrggh--noooo
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    For "epic" abilities, DW and Volcano are pretty weak. I don't know if it's my build or what, but I can't even take down T2 mobs with either of them. If they're on the same timer as SoG, well then seems our "epic abilities" are not worth getting.
    I have DWrath too (not Volcano though). Now, this is not a complaint but merely a genuine curiosity-- I too find that it is very weak. Is this intentional or am I somehow "doin' it wrong"?

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

(don`t want to derail, so short answer: Pure Lunus might not be satisfied with our epics. I play hybride and I`m satisfied with the damage. And I love the effects! Use it with primal roar, buffed up focus, dex and primal cast-go to e.g. fire opals and count the dmg. you do. Makes no sense on single mobs.
    And yes- we have stronger weapons- but we can`t have it all^^)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I said "absolutley not!" - I dont like any abilities that aren't the same attack linked together in any game. (I.e. if Bite I and Major Bite II (for example) were in game it would make sense for those linked, but not Bite and Tailswipe..or SoG...)

Course, what does it say about me that I don't even know what the hell Volcano, DWrath, or Hero's Resolve is...(is this a level 100 dragon thing? LOL).

I would consider SoG a "epic" ability because of its possibilty to save your life even if at very high cost (to me, I don't have it on my bar near where I can push it on accident..I use to not have it at ALL on the bar).

I just don't agree with linking all "classes" of abilities together. I mean okey, if all "epic" abilities are on the same timer (WTH?) then does that mean the next logical step is all "regular" abilities are now ont he same timer?

Dragons have plenty of limitations to survive (pre 100) why should we have to pick one ability out of 2-3-4-howevermany once out of every 5 minutes to use?

Don't get the gameplay point of this change. Seems pointless. Do not agree.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Course, what does it say about me that I don't even know what the hell Volcano, DWrath, or Hero's Resolve is...(is this a level 100 dragon thing? LOL).
    Volcano and Drulkar's Wrath are dragon "epic" spells, so yeah level 100 dragon thing ^^
    Don't know about hero's resolve, dont even know where to get it XD
    But drulkar's wrath is from a LOOOOONG quest starting at demon's peak, and Volcano is from killing the myloc queen (still have to get that lol, hard to get a hunting party ready on blight :P)

OT: I can see why they would do this, but I would rather see SoG delinked, mainly because the other "epic" abilities are really weak (i get an avarage damage output of 500 with Dwrath, full lunus dragon)

I voted no they should not be linked because one timer is a defensive ability and the spells are offensive. I see no reason they should be linked, and cannot think of a single example where defensive and offensive abilities are linked elsewhere.

Also, Shield of Gold has a hoard cost. We already have to pay to use it.

I pretty much agree with all that has been said here...

It would be really nice to get a dev's take on this (either here or in the content discussion thread) because as a player I am getting fed up with the head in the sand approach the devs seem to be taking on some things.

Oher than the fact the shield of gold does a large amount of damage reduction (for quite a large cost, I might add) I really can't see a reason for linking it. Guaran sums up my thoughts very well and if you want to make it a "weaker" ability than increase the hoard cost don't put it on a 100% linked timer with the epic abilities.

Quoted from Guaran

"I voted no they should not be linked because one timer is a defensive ability and the spells are offensive. I see no reason they should be linked, and cannot think of a single example where defensive and offensive abilities are linked elsewhere"

I asked a few weeks ago why Shimmer field(parry block active buff) and melee flurry were linked. The dev said they were both styles. That an example? If so change that too, and the dragon thing.

Thread Information