Thread: Granny viewer and textures

Default Granny viewer and textures

I recently downloaded Grany viewer to look at the models of Istaria, but since the textures are paintshop pro only IIRC, i was wondering if there was a way to make Grany Viewer able to open the textures

Default Re: Granny viewer and textures

There is an AGH Viewer here that will allow you to look through the game's textures. I do not know how to apply textures to models in Granny Viewer unfortunately, if that's what you were after. There must be some way though, as the crab model will display its texture in the model viewer.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    There is an AGH Viewer here that will allow you to look through the game's textures. I do not know how to apply textures to models in Granny Viewer unfortunately, if that's what you were after. There must be some way though, as the crab model will display its texture in the model viewer.
    yeah its the applying of textures im after, but thanks anyway for replying ^.=.^

Due to the way that textures are applied to the granny models (those with the .gr2 extension), you really won't be able to see any of the textures on them in Granny Viewer. The application of the textures occurs in the client after the basic model parts have been created and exported out of Maya. This is one of the things that allows for the wide range of customization of your characters. There are a minimum of three files that I export out of Maya for a character; the skeleton, the animation and the mesh (model). If it is a more complex character, there can be more mesh files. As an example, dragons have 3 mesh files and bipeds have four or five depending upon tails. The only texture information that is exported is the UV map (where and how parts of a texture are applied to the model). So all you will ever see are the grayscale basic mesh in the viewer. I will admit that I don't use Granny Viewer and don't know all of it's abilities but I never did get any texture to apply when I tried. But I did not give it much effort either.

If that crab model is displaying a texture it is probably a mistake from when it was exported. I can package a texture with the mesh but it creates a much larger file. Noted to take a look at it later on when I have more time. Don't think it is going to hurt anything as it is but I'm curious.

thanks for the reply Solitaire

I'm using Grany Viewer to load a few models+ a random animation for a pic of a group of players, and if it was able to load the texture in there, it would go allot faster, but o well, I'll just continue editing it with GIMP

Thread Information