Thread: land/world not loading since tueasday patch

Default land/world not loading since tueasday patch

this is happening with me and others

when i log in world will not load sometimes if i wait 5 mins it may pop, if not i relog...relog didnt fix it, relog again then the world finally loads. also some times when i port same thing can happen.

other things that may be related to this issue is im in bristgo or other parts of the world and only half the land will load example is in bristgo everything in the main area will load but the land all around me will not load no matter how long i wait and the only terrian layer that will be displayed is layer 0 the grass.

Default Re: land/world not loading since tueasday patch

Getting the same thing happening, cleared cache and it's improved a little, but porting is so slow since patch. I'm bound in Brist facing the gh shrine and it can take several minutes for the gh to appear.

I've had land not loading a few times mahagra seems to be the culprit most of the time.

Also a lot of Istaria.exe errors (but i have been doing a silly amount of porting today)
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

this is now constant for me in bristgo, the land will not load around me no matter how long i wait.

i am now having to relog about every 40 mins because while playing the game the land will not load new areas i port to or fly into

logging into the game is also bad it is taking about 5-6 relogs to get the land to load
    Last edited by Velea; August 30th, 2010 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Forum rule violation portion removed

Wow, that's pretty bad.

I've been around Bristugo, Dalmond, Chiconis, Drakul, most of the southern peninsula and Mia's Edge today with an empty world cache and no trouble loading terrain. Suffice it to say, I'm having trouble replicating this problem.

Can you run the test below to check for packet loss?

Open a command prompt window (a black and white "dos" window) and run
    ping -n 60 www.istaria.com
    After about a minute, the program will end and print out 4 lines at the bottom that start with:
    "Ping statistics..."
    "Packets: sent..."
    "Approximate round trip..."
    "Minimum..."

Please post back the lines starting with "Packets" and "Minimum".
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

packets: sent 60, received = 60, lost = 0
    min = 41 ms, max = 63ms average = 45ms

Thanks. That's a pretty good connection there. Are you still having issues loading terrain?
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

yesterday was the worst at one point i did 10 relogs in a hour period. but today it seems to have cut back big time...only one dragon today was not able to see bristgo right(see image posted above) but other than that land as loading today

I should also menchen that its not just that the land invisible if i were to run over the empty area like in the screen shot i posted my dragon will fall for a long time

Blue, are you running istaria from different copies of the game folder or the same one? I had similar issues when dual-boxing from the same folder... something to do with the multiple toons accessing the same world cache. Perhaps also suggest setting different CPU's to run different instances of istaria.exe.
    Just my two cents.. good luck.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Yup, hallucin8 brings up a good point that I realized earlier too when I saw both of your chars logged in at the same time.

The client does NOT do proper file locking as it wasn't designed with the intent of having multiple instances running on a single machine. (Remember when you could only start one instance of the client?) You can certainly run multiple instances but don't expect any changes to the client to make multiple logins from the same install folder more robust. It's not a simple undertaking.

Try copying your istaria folder to create two separate 'installs', then use one folder for one character and the other for the other character.

No idea if the cache still works in the same way after all these years but...

Try tossing away the world cache, looks like some chunks near bristugo are corrupted.
    Running multiple instances (or running topomap against a full cache) might do that.
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

I have this problem semi-regularly as well. I actually think I had it happen before the patch. I usually only run one instance at a time and my patcher clears the world cache every time I login.

Thread Information