Thread: [Closed] Isle of Fire Spawns

Default [Closed] Isle of Fire Spawns

Recently I had to go to Island of fire and grab a few comps, no problem spend about 45 min there and I should be good, I make the trek out there … and I fine either a bad attempt to remake Noas arch, or a seriously bad ninja nerf for the comp hunters and crafting community .

I find 3 total

Giant Fire beetles and broke down like this

Logos grouped with 2 Linked regular

Flame beetles again
    Named flame beetle with 2 linked regular mobs

Fire wolfs again
    Ravager 2 linked wolfs

Lava Ostcels 3 (sorry for the buttering of the spelling )
    Side question : what the heck are these doing on a t 5 island there t 4 mobs

The named fire golem

That’s before we hit the gem mine in there.

Now I hope this was not a Intentional because throws monsters Produce a already hard to come by component that is extremely useful and used in about (estimation) 20 techs from adv to spell modification and everything in-between .

These spawns are needed for t5 game play. There should be atleast at any given point in time 10 to 15 of each. on this island or its baicly a waist of world space and server space as there realy is no point to go there if the spawn will remain this low .

Pleas put the spawn back to previous levels where farming is actually possible on the island or pleas announce such a drastic change and where we can actually hunt these mobs for there comps and not wait the 1 min 20 seconds to kill a 3 mobs spawn and wait 1 min 20 seconds or at least make them an Insta re-spawn.

Thanks
    Epion
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: Was this an accident ?

I noticed that the gem golem spawn is _very_ sparse.

There was a quest, I forget which... either a T&C or Primal quest, that wants Fire Opal Shards (a quest item) dropped from the Fire Opal golems.

The quest tells you to go to the Isle of Fire, but there are a grand total of 2, maybe 3 if you wait for them, golems on the entire island. Nowhere near enough to get the 5 (IIRC) shards for the quest.

I wound up going to Saritova for these, but how would someone who's never been to Saritova know to go there, instead of wasting 3 hours+ trying to get 5 quest items?

And no thanks to the Insta-respawn. We have enough of that crap with undead and ogres. What we Need are sensible size spawns, with a ~3-5min respawn, and have them spread out a bit. Some danger of unintentional aggro, but managable if you know how to pull decently.

I find that Many places, majority of mobs, it is either Too Little, the "1-3 mobs in 500m+" or the insta-respawn, Level 20 mobs spawning faster than a Rating 200+ biped can mow em down, spawns so fast that you can't even loot the stupid things before they respawn.

This game can be very Black-or-White at times... never any grey.

Dralk up by the wizard towers and to the left of that are has but load of fire beetles small and large.

And they drop the T4 - T5 subs..

Try there...

Think there more by the platinum golems area...hard to tell that red after awhile looks the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    I noticed that the gem golem spawn is _very_ sparse.

There was a quest, I forget which... either a T&C or Primal quest, that wants Fire Opal Shards (a quest item) dropped from the Fire Opal golems.

The quest tells you to go to the Isle of Fire, but there are a grand total of 2, maybe 3 if you wait for them, golems on the entire island. Nowhere near enough to get the 5 (IIRC) shards for the quest.

I wound up going to Saritova for these, but how would someone who's never been to Saritova know to go there, instead of wasting 3 hours+ trying to get 5 quest items?

And no thanks to the Insta-respawn. We have enough of that crap with undead and ogres. What we Need are sensible size spawns, with a ~3-5min respawn, and have them spread out a bit. Some danger of unintentional aggro, but managable if you know how to pull decently.

I find that Many places, majority of mobs, it is either Too Little, the "1-3 mobs in 500m+" or the insta-respawn, Level 20 mobs spawning faster than a Rating 200+ biped can mow em down, spawns so fast that you can't even loot the stupid things before they respawn.

This game can be very Black-or-White at times... never any grey.
    the fire opal spawn is actually quite ok if you ask me, although i never find much at the "entrance" of the island, when i go trough the cave near the wolves/beetles i find atleast 7

I thought fire opal golems were at ClearPort, If so there were so many I could'nt kill them fast enuff. Giant Ice Beetles are like that way East of Mahgra on the spiral climbable mountain.

Well I had a look at Fire Island (Island of Fire - however its named) on chaos today

Fiery Dire Wolves
    Only the named (ravager) and his 2 guards are spawning, looks like main spawn is broken

Giant Flame Beetles
    Excluding the named and his guards there was 1 beetle in the normal spawn - something wrong here

Giant Fire Beetles
    Excluding the named and his guards there was 1 beetle in the normal spawn - something wrong here as well

Fire Opal Golems
    1 Golem on path up from Isle of Ice
    8 Golems plus Granduus in the cave part

I don't see a problem with the Fire Opal golems except it took over a minute for them to spawn (which is probably how it works anyway). Also if I am remembering correctly the 2 spawns are linked.

Lava Oastics - Always been there even though they are a t4 mob

So therefore I think there is something wrong with the normal spawns of the Fiery Dire Wolves, Giant Flame Beetles and Giant Fire Beetles.

These were changed in the last patch so don't see why this thread is sitting in rants when it is more of a bug report?
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I, too, am confused why this topic got moved to rants...

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

1 Golem on path up from Isle of Ice
    8 Golems plus Granduus in the cave part
    See, why is Granduus spawning on the Isle of Fire?

Did they link the Saritova Field with Isle of Freaking Fire, some hundreds of thousands of meters away?

That just boggles the mind why they'd link fields that far apart. I've seen Granduus in the Saritova area many times, but I always wondered why every now and then, he'd refuse to spawn for hours.... now I know why.

Linked Fields are OK if the areas are <500 meters apart, but come on... linking fields halfway across a continent? Halfway across _the entire freaking world_!? Give me a break....

I have the same complaints about the Platinum in the Dralk Area. Those fields need to be unlinked. The two fields are such a ridiculous distance apart from each other, that it takes quite a long time to go traipsing all that distance from the field near the Gem area, to the Field waaaaaaaay down by the Beetles on the very southern end of the Dralk Volcano area.

Did they link the Saritova Field with Isle of Freaking Fire, some hundreds of thousands of meters away?

That just boggles the mind why they'd link fields that far apart. I've seen Granduus in the Saritova area many times, but I always wondered why every now and then, he'd refuse to spawn for hours.... now I know why.

Linked Fields are OK if the areas are <500 meters apart, but come on... linking fields halfway across a continent? Halfway across _the entire freaking world_!? Give me a break....

I have the same complaints about the Platinum in the Dralk Area. Those fields need to be unlinked. The two fields are such a ridiculous distance apart from each other, that it takes quite a long time to go traipsing all that distance from the field near the Gem area, to the Field waaaaaaaay down by the Beetles on the very southern end of the Dralk Volcano area.
    While i agree with some of the things you say, I must ask you Dhalin and every other member to Refrain from ranting in this thread. For the simple fact that its a spawn report. The team asked me next time to be specific as possible next time I try to post a bug broken spawn or glitch in this case i did , it got moved to rants for god knows why .

Never the less it is a Spawn Report to the team and I ask for 2 things
    1. It be moved out of rants asap (Cause its not a rant i am following what the team requested of me )
    2. This issue be looked in to as soon as possible; or if this was a Ninja Nerf why ?
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Did they link the Saritova Field with Isle of Freaking Fire
    Always been like that as far as i know,same with many of the named golems,Brecah,Gheniem,Mhedon,Verdeios can all be found on Saritova as well as other places,also Arboreon the yew treant.

Hope they keep it that way makes it more fun trying to find them imo.
    Gimbold, Ancient dwarf on Chaos
    Mottle, Ancient dragon on Chaos

No.

They are independant spawns. All those named can be spawned in both places at the same time.

Default Re: Isle of Fire Spawns

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Recently I had to go to Island of fire and grab a few comps, no problem spend about 45 min there and I should be good, I make the trek out there … and I fine either a bad attempt to remake Noas arch, or a seriously bad ninja nerf for the comp hunters and crafting community .

I find 3 total

Giant Fire beetles and broke down like this

Logos grouped with 2 Linked regular

Flame beetles again
    Named flame beetle with 2 linked regular mobs

Fire wolfs again
    Ravager 2 linked wolfs

Lava Ostcels 3 (sorry for the buttering of the spelling )
    Side question : what the heck are these doing on a t 5 island there t 4 mobs

The named fire golem

That’s before we hit the gem mine in there.

Now I hope this was not a Intentional because throws monsters Produce a already hard to come by component that is extremely useful and used in about (estimation) 20 techs from adv to spell modification and everything in-between .

These spawns are needed for t5 game play. There should be atleast at any given point in time 10 to 15 of each. on this island or its baicly a waist of world space and server space as there realy is no point to go there if the spawn will remain this low .

Pleas put the spawn back to previous levels where farming is actually possible on the island or pleas announce such a drastic change and where we can actually hunt these mobs for there comps and not wait the 1 min 20 seconds to kill a 3 mobs spawn and wait 1 min 20 seconds or at least make them an Insta re-spawn.

Thanks
    Epion
    The beetle spawns aren't linked. They were before, they aren't now.

I have increased the quantity of Fiery Dire Wolves and both beetle types for the next patch. And increased the rate at which the Dire Wolves (except Ravager) spawn.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thank you Amon
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thank-you so much Amon!!!! You da dev !

Thread Information