Thread: beginner dragon quest: slap around some beetles with tail whip

Default beginner dragon quest: slap around some beetles with tail whip

The quest tells the little dragon to kill grass beetles level 4 or higher, however, almost none of these beetles spawn in the location the quest tells the player to go.

Not the idea to annoy the player right? up that spawn! (or change the location for the first objective)
    Last edited by Royal; September 6th, 2010 at 08:08 PM.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Default Re: beginner dragon quest: slap around some beetles with tail whip

Apparently the grass beetles are one of those linked spawns. There a second group of beetles if you travel quite a ways down the opposite road. Just head under the fallen log, past the brown spiders, and the second spawn of grulets, you should reach the second (very sparse spawn too I might add) spawn for the 4+ grass beetles.

I wouldn't say linked. I don't think I have ever seen lv4 grass beetles at that first spot. They are further down the road under the fallen log or up on the hill past the maggots before you head down to the sand pygmies (the swarm spawn if you want fast and furious). I always figured that was the quest to start teaching you to look around. As I recall later dragon quests are not so good on directions. Teaches you to learn the world.

Dracaena

The quest text indicates they're right there near were the gurlets and lower lvl beetles mix. Generally if you look down the road to the right (opposite direction of the log) You can see at least a couple of lvl 4+ beetles right there. The quest text doesnt indicate at all that there's even a second spawn or even where to find it (the one past the log)

Edit: And once you kill off one area you have to kill off the second to get the first to respawn I had to do this on my new hatchling the other day.

Yeah, the problem is really that the quest log tells you; you are there. But then you look around and you don't see any of those beetles..

In fact, that 'linked spawn' can't we get rid of it? It makes no sense, does it? Just concentrates serverload.... (which is a bad thing!)

This quest (the whole thing) is actually one that is on my list to revamp because it's just bad in many ways.

Please understand that unless someone reports these sort of things, we can't possibly make any changes to them (or fix them in some cases). There are over a thousand quests presently in the active database. While we could take the time to go through each one one at a time to improve directions, evaluate the spawns of the monsters, etc, etc, such a project would take months for us to do. On the other hand, it takes just a brief time once we're made aware of a problem with a quest to step in and do something about it.

Edit: I've also just checked, and the spawns of TGB are actually not linked on New Trismus. However, the whole quest and area is rather a mess and will be fixed with the next patch.

So thank you, Royall, for pointing this quest out to me so that I can make some changes to it.
    Last edited by Velea; September 7th, 2010 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    This quest (the whole thing) is actually one that is on my list to revamp because it's just bad in many ways.

Please understand that unless someone reports these sort of things, we can't possibly make any changes to them (or fix them in some cases). There are over a thousand quests presently in the active database. While we could take the time to go through each one one at a time to improve directions, evaluate the spawns of the monsters, etc, etc, such a project would take months for us to do. On the other hand, it takes just a brief time once we're made aware of a problem with a quest to step in and do something about it.
    Crowdsource is your answer :-)

And btw, my post might have sounded a bit rude, I've never bad intentions, love the game, en really enjoy(ed) what you guys/girls/boyz/man/aliens did with the beginner experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Crowdsource is your answer :-)
    We will gladly accept assistance with testing and reporting of bugs from our players.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information