Thread: Any tips for a "dragon's" dragon lair?

Threaded View

Default Any tips for a "dragon's" dragon lair?

I have some lairs that are functional (Eg. Tenkako's lair in Back Bay, Shian's Lair in Winter's Peak) and a few that are merely for fun or aesthetics. (Brighthear'ts lair in Genvia or Ricar's lair in Drakul)

Been thinking about deconning one of the lairs and trying a new design. I've been an in game decorator for years (over different games of course) and have even planned out some other dragon's lairs by request. Right now I'm trying my hand at creating the most dragon-ish lair I can using some of the tricks other players have taught me.

For example, some players hide a lair chamber in the deepest part of the lair for their dragon to rest- the furthest away from anything else and is therefore, the quietest and most private.

Another places a small lair chamber at level 0 by first going down into main hall chambers, then back up using the orientation technique on a spiral. By having this helian lair chamber at the topmost level, one creates a "summer lair" and a "winter lair" is created by placing a lunus one deeper in towards the bottom.

I've used pawnbrokers off a lair to do nothing but serve as "hatching chambers" or non-activated machine chambers to serve as foyers.

Another player used a closed spiral right at the entrance "to better defend the lair from intruders" and works much like a castle staircase, limiting the movement of those within it.

Anyone have any tips that they use for their lair that serve no other purpose other than to be more dragon-ish?
    Last edited by Shian; September 7th, 2010 at 06:04 AM.

Thread Information