Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The FUTURE

Default Re: The FUTURE

So please share with me what you think would make the game more enjoyable graphicly or quality of gameplay.. even if it couldn't happen ever.
    Dear God, we could be here all freaking day if I seriously did this.

I could just rattle off a couple small (and very realistic, but won't be done) things:

1). Give dragons something that bipeds _need_ and can't do without. They want interdependency? Fine. Make it INTERdependent. Right now I see Bipeds > Dragons, but not Dragons > Bipeds. It should be Dragons <> Bipeds, but... it isn't. Not even close. I'm not talking about gameplay mechanics, who is stronger, who is better. I'm talking about There are many things bipeds can make that dragons need, but there's nothing a dragon can make that a biped needs, and can't make for themselves.

2). A better trophy drop system. It is so unbalanced these days. My biped is in Tier 3 right now, last I played her. I've been trying to get her to.. I think it is 56 and she's on 54 and it is going *painfully* slow. Trophies can speed that up nicely, but, I've tried many of the mobs that actually drop trophies for that level. If I recall correctly, that's the Gold Golem tier.

Gold Golems have an O.K. drop rate on trophies, but the Winter Wolves, for example? You can kill 20 in a row and not see a single trophy. Want Oak Scions? Good luck _finding_ an Oak Tree and not a Massive Oak Treant, or a Oak Treant Sapling. Those are everywhere. The one in the middle, not so much. And even then, their drop rate ain't the best either. I tried suggesting this and it was "it would take too much manpower to adjust the drop rates as a whole" or some similar response. Well, could they kinda buff the ones people _know_ are off-balance, like Winter Mountain Wolves? Surely it couldn't take more than 5 minutes to change the drop from <5% to 30%-ish.

The Dev Team just asked the playerbase about changing the Technique drop system.... which was fine to begin with. Techniques are about equally available across each tier. I don't see a single thing wrong with that. Yet, they CAN'T devote manpower to looking at something simpler, like Trophies, which both players and devs alike know are horribly unbalanced? That's getting their priorities straight, ininit?

3). For that matter, do we really need the 1/2 experience after 10 turn-ins anyways? If they aren't going to balance the trophy drops, and they know that some mobs are vastly superior to others in terms of drops, availability and mob difficulty, maybe they should lax the 11th+ turn-in penalty. Maybe 75% instead of 50% XP? At least then, players wouldn't be punished by an unbalanced trophy drop system.

See there's lots of things that are infinitely easier to improve in the game, that could very well need improving and are actually realistic goals... I dunno about anyone else, but I think I'd rather some of this stuff get fixed, than, say, eye candy. What good are great graphics, when you're still plowing away at mobs, barely seeing your XP meter budge and you just groan and roll your eyes after fighting mobs for 15+ minutes and you can barely see an improvement....

So please share with me what you think would make the game more enjoyable graphicly or quality of gameplay.. even if it couldn't happen ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Dear God, we could be here all freaking day if I seriously did this.

I could just rattle off a couple small (and very realistic, but won't be done) things:

Exactly.

There have been upteenhundred numerous threads doing what you directly asked me and others to do. In fact right now there is a "wish list" thread in General Discussion Listing them in yet another thread, and one in Rants as you profeciently pointed out - is not something I wish to spend my energy on.

But please understand, being here since basically launch, I wasn't critising your comments because of what they said really, or wether being in rants make its more or less valid - I was making a point for others to read, who may not understand or make the differentiation that this is a "pipe dream" thread in the "rants" section... You might be surprised what people read and then take seriously as something that is possible (Halo Reach aside..) and then get pissed off when its not happening.

I'm a mod on an entire Rant forum - what you say in rants doesn't bother me int he slightest. But don't be surprised to get ranty answers back either or critsism or whatever..from what you post.

But perhaps that is the cynical response from a cynical gamer . A kneejerk reaction from someone who has spent many, many, many, hours posting just what you've asked to see most of it die, never happen, or get squashed for whatever various reason - never explained.

And ultimately, don't rant about someone ranting about your rant - now lets' get on with the rant! Can we say it again...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

@Dhalin Personally my number one problem with trophies are mobs that drop trophies that are completely worthless. Like the ogre tribes... they drop manacles that are worth something, but also drop (I think it's clubs.) which are completely worthless and happen to drop more for me than the manacles which I can actually turn in. Were the trophies changed some time, and some mobs still have "older" trophies?

Quote Originally Posted by fermi443 View Post
    @Dhalin Personally my number one problem with trophies are mobs that drop trophies that are completely worthless. Like the ogre tribes... they drop manacles that are worth something, but also drop (I think it's clubs.) which are completely worthless and happen to drop more for me than the manacles which I can actually turn in. Were the trophies changed some time, and some mobs still have "older" trophies?
    I've yet to see "worthless" trophies.

I think they might have removed (most) of them, or tweaked/added quests to accept them. If you come across any completely worthless ones (ones that are not involved in any quests at all), you should report them in bug reports.

There are a few that are marked as being "obsolete" in-game, but those are only there for those players who still carry some in their vaults, collectors and such. AFAIK, most of those are un-obtainable, and will not drop anymore.

Now, Worthless Tech Comps on the other hand.......

He's talking about trophies that cannot be turned in for EXP, and there's ALOT of trophies like that. Bloodskulk trophies (all), secondary trophies that drop on most of the tier 5 mobs such as angry gruok tails, etc. These trophies can be hoarded or sold for coin to trophy hunters or pawn browkers, but not turned in for exp.

Thread Information