Thread: Adding a CD Key

Dranar

Default Adding a CD Key

It seems on the Web-page that one can no longer "ADD" A CD-Key and I am looking to add one... is there another way? I wanted to add a trial CD-Key to my retail-CD-Key as I'd like the more characters, another plot, and the whole more inventory on Consigners and what not..

Plus, I want to support the game more too.

Any suggestions? Or, best to contact support on this?

Default Re: Adding a CD Key

Jazeera has done this before, I know. When I did it I just used a second retail CD-key. Once you have the key it's easy, but I don't know how you get the key after buying a 7-day-trial key....
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Dranar

Well, it would be easy, except the option TOO add it no longer exists is the problem. :)

This feature is no longer available. To utilize a 2nd cd-key you will now need to create a separate account.

- Amon
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Britt Tigahare

Well I guess that answers what I was going to ask support. Okay, so now I have something else. I'm not sure who I was talking to on support and may also ask there as well.

We have two user accounts on one CD key. In the future we are going to get another computer but am faced with the dilemma that we can't play our characters even after adding another CD key (would be nice to have this feature back, why was it removed?).

I have ordered another game and am going to be receiving it in the mail in a couple of days. I really do not want to create a brand new account and another character just so I can get my own plot. What would happen if I delete my user account? I know that an e-mail is sent saying to come back. Now if I did that would I be able to recreate my account with my new CD key?

I was told that at this time, they can't move new characters into a new account. I know that it was done before by someone named Shetaniin the game but they wereoneof the people that had to be let go. Now if this is something thatyou will be able to offer again inhopefully the near future, then Idon't have a problem with creating another account so that my two characters can be switched over when that time comes. But if this is something that will never be offered again, then I have a problem and I hate to have to separate our characters like this.

Dranar

Thank you Amon for the answer. :) That at least answers my question of how.

Guess that is what I will do, the sad thing is it means that my current dragon will not be able to own a lair then most likely unless he is able to be moved to a new account.

My main reason for wanting the second account, besides the more characters, was so that I could have another character with a plot... a Dragon.

The feature would be nice to be brought back.

Are there any alternatives, or could a character transfer to a new account (If created) be possible?

~Dranar

Silverhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Gwareth
    This feature is no longer available. To utilize a 2nd cd-key you will now need to create a separate account.

- Amon

Would have been nice to know this...and the reason for this...since I thought this was set up this way so familys that decided they liked the game could still play together and not have to start all over.....are we moving away from family game to just another game?

Britt Tigahare

I've been talking to Amon through support and can answer that question. At this time, characters can not be moved to another account. This was done before, by Shetani, but he (or she) was one of the people let go by AE when they had to downsize. I am hoping that it will become available in the future because now I have to create another account (can't do what I asked up above) with a character I'm not ready to play yet (already have two) andhave our guildmaster (glad he's a friend in real life) transfer my money to this character soI can have a plot too.

Yes, it would have been nice to know all of this beforehand. I just wish I was able to get a hold of Shetani before he was let go but I think I was told about him at the same time he was let go.

Silverhawk

I'm sorry to say that you have been fed a bunch of bull because I asked before that person was gone to move 1 toon to another e-mail address but sill on same account and was told the same you line you got without the part about a employee leaving if they did do it it was like in the space of 1 month then stopped....but I doubt that

I have 2 accounts now and for some reason I have lost the use of the second account.....so can only log on 1 account atm....and with tech support being out 8 days or more and generally taking at least 3 responses to get anything done it looks like I will be paying double to pay this next month

When comes it back so we can add a 2nd?
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Britt Tigahare

He didn't tell me when but did say it will be available again in the future.

im lucky to have been able to add my second cd key to my acount before it was aken away.

Dranar

Adding a CD-Key will be returned? Good, good, I'm anxious for that. :)

~Dranar

Staff :: Developer

I wouldn't plan on the "adding a CD Key to an exsisting account" feature to come back. This had to be changed when we switched billing solution from iBill to iPay.A majority of theaccountssystem had to be re-done and the contractor ran out of time before he could implement this feature back in.

We didn't take it away on purpose, and I'm sure we'll try to get it available again if the oppertunity arises... but I haven't heard of any immediate plans for this yet.

I'm sorry there wasn't more notice on this before it happened, I didn't know about it until I was testing the iPay functionality and noticed it was gone. Since it wasn't planned to remove it on purpose, ittook us all by surprise. The account database contains very sensitive and critical data... so it's hard to make changes on without great risk. Because we no longer have access to that particular expert, I can't say we can add the feature back any time soon.
    ~Illyist
    ~Aru

Dranar

Ah, that is unfortunate to know, but also good to know.

I will probably seek to add just a new account then when it comes closer to time that lairs will be added, though I will wait until that time.

Thank you for the information,

And my appologies on my late thank you.

~Allon / Dranar

Thread Information