Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IT SUX

Default Re: The Horizons Launcher is no use...

bah,how many threads more about this subject?

Soulsmaster

Default Re: I don't want to play: The Legend of Myr!!

Soulsmaster

Default Re: The Horizons Launcher is no use...

Soulsmaster

Default Re: he LUCA du you haf som information ????

Soulsmaster

Soulsmaster

Default Re: LUCA?!?!?!? Whats up?????

Rather appent that you have failed to understand the reason for many of the post about the problem.
    WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO SUCH THINGS TO PLAY THE GAME.
    I should be able to log in using the icon i have on my desktop and not worry about/be concerned about any other way to log in.
    Some off us dosnt even know what they mean by what they suggest in the tread you refer to.
    I just install the game and its either working or not in this case not, personnally i couldnt care less about who messes up or not but i do care about that no one anywhere seems to be interested in fixing it or letting us know whats going on.

All off this mess could have been avoided if AE had the commen sence to give us a game laucher/patcher that didnt rely on IE at all.
    Guess no one have told them that or they have chosed to ignore it.

Dracko

very well said Mairynn..

Ambrosia Darkstar

I am no computer wizard, I just like to play games to relax and have fun. And such solutions you suggests are not really a solution, its just a momentary way to get away from it. Especially bad is it as EQ2 and WoW comes closer and closer, and i am not the only one here which starts to get a bit annoyed with how problems never seems to cease to exists with this game. I do love it, but everything has its limit[:'(]

Default Re: IT SUX

Susan Said:Ah, so I was not the only one.
    I wondered what this pop-window after the message that the certificate is expired, wanted to say to me.

Just push the button install certificate.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Quote Originally Posted by Mairynn Nalnair
    Rather appent that you have failed to understand the reason for many of the post about the problem.
    WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO DO SUCH THINGS TO PLAY THE GAME.
    I should be able to log in using the icon i have on my desktop and not worry about/be concerned about any other way to log in.
    Some off us dosnt even know what they mean by what they suggest in the tread you refer to.
    I just install the game and its either working or not in this case not, personnally i couldnt care less about who messes up or not but i do care about that no one anywhere seems to be interested in fixing it or letting us know whats going on.

All off this mess could have been avoided if AE had the commen sence to give us a game laucher/patcher that didnt rely on IE at all.
    Guess no one have told them that or they have chosed to ignore it.

Have to agree with you on this one , am in same boat myself ; I dont want to mess around with applications or otherwise that I dont fully understand! Regardless of those who say it is'nt GN's fault, it certainly aint ours and I'm sorry but when you supply a service and/or sell a product you are therefore ultimetly responsibly for it's stability !!!

locking threads that seem to be broken

SNART

has everyone tried

https://horizons.eu.istaria.com/Default.aspx

it works for me

LOL, what's happening here?
    Is this now the merging of postings?
    5 threads with different names now who the same topic, and when somebody posts in one of them, it also shows up in the other 4? *shakes head* [H]
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

I recently did a full reformat of my laptop, installed Horizons and logged straight in yesterday without playing with any options anywhere... never had any problems on my main pc either. Anyone hitting problems during that transitionary time must have something in common in their Windows setup.

Spirit

ok - this one worked on my PC at work. I'm gonna test it at home later. If it's borked there, then it might be a local problem.

NOTE: hmm, I DID install service pack 1 to net 1.1 the night before things started to go wrong. I wonder......

Quote Originally Posted by SNART
    has everyone tried

https://horizons.eu.istaria.com/Default.aspx

it works for me

Foobar Fu

Default Re: NOT AGAINN ARGHHH

I'm with you there Shaw...... this debacle has become an integral part of Horizons and I find myself compelled to hang on in there and see how it pans out. Sad but true.[<:o)]

workaround:

- stop logging in via website
    - take the file ClientPrefs.def and copy it one folder up
    - edit the following lines:
    bool requireCommandLineParams = false
    string userName = "[email protected]" //your mailadress
    string password = "1234455" // your pw
    string worldName = "Unity" // your shard

- safe the file
    - to run Hz copy this file over the one in the Hz-folder and execute horizons.exe
    - enjoy

PS: Patches must be aplied through the webside patcher!!
    PPS: make yourself a batch file that does the copy and execute :)

hehe i think a moderator tried to lock/delete/censor this threats and used the wrong button =)

Thread Information