Thread: Dear Shaloth

Default Dear Shaloth

GDIAF. Thank you. Dear Shian: You're a jerk.

-Ricar

Okay, so it's 9-something PM. I find Shaloth at the far end of her hidey hole and her initial mass of adds on the other side of the egg chamber. Remembering that this was how I killed her on Shian, I decide to try and get a minimum team going to kill her in her "vulnerable" state: 2 biped healers, one stunner and 4 (extra) DPS.

Trouble is, finding 3 bipeds that late at night on Order is just not happening. For a weekday, sure that's typical, but a weekend? People come, people go in the group. I try to get a group together for a couple hours. I end up with 2 bipeds and 2 other dragons.

Surely this will never work. I tell the group we'll try again tomorrow morning and announce I'm going in on a suicide. Surprisingly, they all come in with me. Shaloth calls her adds, but somehow we are able to dispatch them before she heals too much. Her health goes up, her health goes down, but more so... it's going down. Slowly but it's going down even with only 4 DPSers.

We somehow get her down to 20k, whereupon she casts both her epics in a row dealing ~4k damage to all of us killing us instantly.

Really? You couldn't have done that in the middle? Or the beginning? Or something other than the end a futile hour of having to kill her... I've come to the conclusion that Shaloth is an enemy that is nothing but false hopes, dangling a carrot on a string.
    "Oh look, my health is at half!" *eats a Harbringer* "Now it's not! Muahahaha!" "Oh look, my health is at half again. Good for you!" *eats a harbringer* "Darn, so close. Try again." *healhealheal*

I dream of having a finished lair someday. Yes, I have 5 lairs and not a single one truly finished.

Shian's lair is missing murals
    The crafting lair is missing murals and a silo I think
    Ricar's lair is missing the phoenix thing
    Brightheart's maze lair is missing this hair.

Default Re: Dear Shaloth

Shian,
    we killed the Queen 5x, and we did no succeed as often.
    Flame and me- and many others still do not have the hair.

To succeed you need at least 2 rangers or 2 sorcerers and MANY drags to give her hell.

Lets try it today. Its planned anyway.
    I think I can bring 2 rangers and 3-4 drags.
    Lets see that we have full group (though this is not essential).
    If you bring folks pls instruct them in advance
    (e.g. stunn the queen- then kill adds first- or who takes care of adds-who goes for the queen-)

We will be there at 17.00 Berlin time
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

lets have a Happy Hunting

(btw: I do not understand your abbreviations )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

and hey- heros/ubers of Order:

Get your lazy bones into the DOOM.

Lets show èm all THAT WE CAN!!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

"Berlin" is not a timezone on that calculator. What timezone is it listed as?

Exclamation Re: Dear Shaloth

there are many timezones lists in the forums... for 5pm at Berlin, that should be
    7pm : Moscow
    5pm : Berlin
    4pm : London
    11am : New York
    8am : Los Angeles
    3am : Sydney
    1am : Tokyo

*rolls out of bed and checks the forums*
    High noon here......checks time list.....8am Los Angeles.......logs in hatchling for more lair work. Hope ya'll had fun.

Dracaena

What happened was after a long drawn out fight someone forgot to cast stuns on her, or forgot perfect spell and the stun missed, and she got off the big bombs.

Or, the rnd generator was rolling alot of misses, and the stuns missed enough that she got off the spells.

For those wondering, the acronym is a popular internet meme, 'Go Die In A Fire'. For Shaloth, I am told has an entirely different effect.

Thread Information