Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 190

Default Re: Blight Update 190

Thought of another quest to check.

Shining Blades - At one point in the questline it asks you to go and loot a ghost vapor from each tier of undead (1-6). Therefore Veteran Ghost Vapor would be one of them.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Primal Mastery VIII - Loot a Veteran Abomination Chest Skull

Drainbolt VIII - Kill 1 Marrow Guard and Loot its Skull (Skull drops while the quest is active but the mobs name has been changed to Valkor's Guard)
    Got em, thanks.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    not just dragon quests. off the top of my head, 'the ghostbuster' calls for ghost vapors, gangalf quest calls for mainboards... pretty sure there are others.
    Will look at the ghostbuster quest. The gangaf quest was updated in 190 and is listed in the patch notes.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Riaken View Post
    Tooth and Claw V tech asks for Gloomwolf Fnag -typo
    Got it.

Scrolls listed as a resource, when there is a box to check for scrolls in Knowledge menu/formula tab/box options on the left
    What do you mean?

Calimirs Hide Grip gives +25 to bow but this tech can go on non long distance weapons, will tech give bonus to 2hand slash if put on a 2 handed weapon?
    It doesn't actually, it boosts Strength. But the description is wrong.

Same with Direwolf Hide Grip
    Yes, it is meant to go on bows.

Withered Bane tech has no description on the tech on what it does.
    Got it.

T4 chest in The Lost Library opens with a key but not lootable.
    Will look at it.

alged:
    still quite a few purple tarantulas on the north coast, not sure if this is oversight or design.
    south cove has a spawn of 4 blue vexators, again not sure if this is oversight or design.
    as Riaken stated previously, MULTIPLE famine spawns, like a dozen or so.

again, not sure if this is oversight or design:
    purple tarantulas on the north coast are all hatchlings.
    satyr undead are all mighty, not veteran. satyr undead come in 4 styles(ghost, zombie, skellie, and mummy) but only 2 classes (merc and oracle).
    abominations of pain spawning in the first large structure on the road. takmaster of terror patrolling middle road.
    wraith lord at the crystal has no minions.
    south beach has 2 spawns of 4 blue vexators.=
    Thank you Trust, this is EXACTLY the kind of feedback I'm looking for.

- Purple Tarantula Hatchlings on Alged is correct, they are the proper level.
    - Blue Vexator are also correct, they are the proper level.
    - Roger on the Famine Wisps, I'm reducing their quantity.
    - Fixed the names on the Satyr Undead. They are the proper level (and schools), just had the wrong name.
    - Abominations are in the proper spots.
    - Fixed the Wraith Lord AI. Thank you.

Scrolls listed as a resource, when there is a box to check for scrolls in Knowledge menu/formula tab/box options on the left
    When I want to make a spell, I go to knowledge menu, look at formula tab. To find spell formulas I check the box on left side for spells. All spells are listed, I can check expert box for expert spell formulas. Scrolls are listed as a resource, but there is a scroll box to check. If I'm not clear I can link some pics.

Not sure what all this means but the whole reason I play this game anymore is the satyrs

What I was talking about

http://img843.imageshack.us/f/horizons1287535007.png/
    http://img823.imageshack.us/f/horizons1287535013.png/

I'm having trouble with insert image sorry for links.

Default Re: Blight Update 190 Discussion

Blight Shard testing,

Don't know if this has been reported yet:

Alged:

1. Undeads - Only Oracles and Mercenaries, no casters. Also, only notice satyr, no other undead races.
    2. Every ghost drops a vapor, although they are no longer useable.
    3. Only other loot noticed is ectoplasmic residue, which is represented with a question mark rather than an appropriate inventory icon.
    4. Only ghosts drop coin. Zombies and mummies do not.
    5. Machine of Inhibition is guarded by a single wraith, and a few famine.

Quote Originally Posted by Murial View Post
    1. Undeads - Only Oracles and Mercenaries, no casters. Also, only notice satyr, no other undead races.
    Got it.

Got it.

3. Only other loot noticed is ectoplasmic residue, which is represented with a question mark rather than an appropriate inventory icon.
    The missing icon is a known issue.

4. Only ghosts drop coin. Zombies and mummies do not.
    Got it, ghosts will no longer drop coin directly.

5. Machine of Inhibition is guarded by a single wraith, and a few famine.
    Yep, working on this.

Thank you Muriel!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post

Got it.
    You probably already got this from the Ghosts, but Skeletons, Zombies and Mummies also dropping old comps. ie sternums, fingers, ribs, wrappings.
    I guess it won't matter if the comps are one tier higher than they should be, they're gonna disappear.

Did some testing on blight. Rune of Flame is broken.

It appears it was modified to only have 1 effective Strength skill, which is what it's damage is based on:

Went hunting. Hits for 0 to 3 damage on level 21 Skulks. Beyond worthless and thats a fairly difficult questline for tier 2.

Skeletons in the Valley of Tolrath:

snip of a post I made in another thread:
    Skeleton followed me halfway to Aughundell, then stopped. Tossed another debuff on, and he followed me rest the way to Aug. I recalled, waited a minute, ported back to Aug, he was right where I left him. So he isn't following people from great distances, such as if they teleported. But he's definately not fixed. It's only those skeletons that are bugged like this..

Mental Bane tech is still broken. Does nothing to the mob. No Damage, no damage type conversion for the spell.

Red and BLue Vexator Fringes are no longer used in any techs, yet those mobs are not Withered Aegis.

Same goes for Enduring Fyakki's.

Stormy March:
    Whirlwind and squall give no combat feedback.
    Thankuk warriors (some, not all) level 101.
    Wind golems have a HUGE agro radius.
    Galestorm seems underwhelming for being a lvl 104 mob: 10 second fight on my ancient dragon. Galestorm has 4958 hp. chieftain has over 2x that amount. shadow (lvl 92 ww) has 5080. Also, is his refreshing breeze not working?
    Last edited by Trust; October 21st, 2010 at 05:01 AM.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Red and BLue Vexator Fringes are no longer used in any techs, yet those mobs are not Withered Aegis.

Same goes for Enduring Fyakki's.
    Yes, they are... Vexator are Constructs, Fyakki are also servants of the Withered Aegis. Hence, no tech comps.

Skeletons in the Valley of Tolrath:

snip of a post I made in another thread:
    Skeleton followed me halfway to Aughundell, then stopped. Tossed another debuff on, and he followed me rest the way to Aug. I recalled, waited a minute, ported back to Aug, he was right where I left him. So he isn't following people from great distances, such as if they teleported. But he's definately not fixed. It's only those skeletons that are bugged like this..
    Thats because the code got rolled back while we fixed some bugs that showed up.

Did some testing on blight. Rune of Flame is broken.

It appears it was modified to only have 1 effective Strength skill, which is what it's damage is based on:

Went hunting. Hits for 0 to 3 damage on level 21 Skulks. Beyond worthless and thats a fairly difficult questline for tier 2.
    This is actually moot since Rune of Flame is going to be giving a DoT like Flaming Weapon. But thank you for going and doing some testing.

Stormy March:Whirlwind and squall give no combat feedback.
    Hmm...

Thankuk warriors (some, not all) level 101.
    This is by design. They can actually got up to level 102.

Wind golems have a HUGE agro radius.
    24 meters. Same as many other mobs.

Galestorm seems underwhelming for being a lvl 104 mob: 10 second fight on my ancient dragon. Galestorm has 4958 hp. chieftain has over 2x that amount. shadow (lvl 92 ww) has 5080. Also, is his refreshing breeze not working?
    I'll check em out.

Thread Information