Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 190 Discussion

Default Blight Update 190 Discussion

Use this thread to discuss changes/fixes/additions to Blight Update 190 which has been applied to Blight today, Thursday October 14th.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Default Re: Blight Update 190 Discussion

So much in this update!
    Thanks alot for your hard work all
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Additions

• Lairshaper's Cogs (Dim through Radiant) can now be found throughout Istaria.
    • A new mini-dungeon (as well as nine new quests) can be found on the Dalimond Peninsula and is available through the quest series "Plundered Tombs" which continues from Archbishop Tomas Aqua at the Cleric's Tower.
    • Scrolls will now be filtered on the "Usables" section of the Trade window.
    • Enchanted Skeleton Key formulas can now be found in Istaria.
    • A new forest the Empire is calling the Misted Forest (Tier 5) has grown west of Morning Light and has become populated with Yew, Ironsilk, and some dangerous beasts including Feral Bloodsnouts, Gloomwolves and Soldier Flies.
    • Rhahool The Oddities Broker has setup shop in Bristugo. Rhahool is willing to purchase a new category of items that other pawnbrokers don't seem to want for full price. These items can be found on many of the "lesser" creatures of Istaria.
    Nice set of updates!

Loot Revamp
    Technique Components no longer drop from the undead or the withered aegis.
    Why make the WA no longer drop comps? Seems this will make comps easier to get, or more of a pain because of even greater overlap in the use of the comps from say gem golems would be used in even more techs. Unless new drops are being added, or some of the non-used drops will now be used.

Changes

Satyr Island of Alged

• Energized Kwellen, Enduring Fyakki, Red Vexator, Purple Tarantulas (and Breeders) and Grey Necrofly no longer spawn on the island.
    Where will these be found instead? Perhaps concentrated on Elnath? Lots of unused space there.
    Or are they being eliminated since they are not planned to be dropping comps anymore? (this would be sad)

Items

• Like potions, Scroll formulas now produce two scrolls instead of one.
    • Blighted Hound Hides are no longer attuned.
    • Tech Kits now contain more detail about what they do.
    Good changes. Will the hides be unattuned? Since they can't be stacked and unstacked to fix. Perhaps make these stackable?

• Flaming Weapon tech kit now attunes on install.
    The attuning is a bit overboard. Cargo disks, anything with a drag-to-appy tech. Seriously whats the reasoning? Not like these weapons are very powerful, especially after the change to a 25% chance to proc. We can't put any of this stuff in our houses anymore.

• Frozen Weapon, Bone Arrowhead and Rune of Flame now have a 25% chance of proc'ing instead of 100%.
    • Bone Arrowhead tech kit now attunes on install and does 3-5 pierce damage.
    • Fanged Arrow-Tip tech kit now attunes on install.
    • Flaming Weapon tech now has a chance to proc a damage effect and will no longer do direct damage.
    This will be seen as a big nerf for sure.
    The Flaming weapon tech change, any more detail on what you mean by "damage effect"? One of the cool things about the flaming weapon tech was the flame effect on the sword. Which rune of flame doesn't have.

• Calimir's Hide Grip and Dire Wolf Hide Grip now have a 10% chance to proc instead of 5%.
    This is good, these were pretty weak at 5%.

Remaining fixes: looking good!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I look forward to getting a lairshaping cog for Tagath.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Wow! So many updates my phone does not load all of them!

I am eager to try the loot revamp and see its mechanics. I hope it makes it easier to get what we are looking for.

The note about radiant wisps now spawning anywhere sinks my heart. Does this now mean they will be near impossible to herd to Feledan now?
    Are we going to be stuck with whatever we find?

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Will the hides be unattuned? Since they can't be stacked and unstacked to fix
    From the last patch they stack..
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

Lairshaper's Cogs (Dim through Radiant) can now be found throughout Istaria.
    Awesome.

Expert Formulas which are purchased from trainers will no longer drop as loot.
    Also awesome. It's great to know that any expert formula I loot after the revamp is actually valuable in some way.

Radiant Wisps now have a chance to spawn wherever a wisp (of any standard type - excluding Flame, Storm and those on the Satyr Islands) spawn.
    This, however, is a little worrying. Radiant was already probably the most annoying T6 resource. If we're gong to end up stuck with no more than one or two wisps in one place, that will definitely make radiant essence disproportionately aggravating compared to the other T6 resources. It takes at least three wisps to keep any semblance of constant gathering going, five or six if there's more than one person in the area.

Miscellaneous

CLIENT: Fixed a bug where names were not being properly appended to chat when someone used the /em prefix and when the "Emote" channel is the default channel for a window. Now custom emotes will always properly display the person who sent the emote.
    I'm going to be very sad to see this go if it must, though I would really prefer that this bug remain unsquished in the first place. Many of us on Order were using this bug to post emotes that didn't start with our names, as having to start a post with a name gets to be really annoying to try to finagle your words around if you have something that you want to say that doesn't start with one.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Why make the WA no longer drop comps? Seems this will make comps easier to get, or more of a pain because of even greater overlap in the use of the comps from say gem golems would be used in even more techs. Unless new drops are being added, or some of the non-used drops will now be used.
    To make it more predictable. You go to Non-Undead/WA for Tech Comps, Undead/WA for Techs. But, to answer your question, yes, we added more tech comps to more monsters. And, no tier 5 tech comp is assigned to more than 5 techniques.

This, however, is a little worrying. Radiant was already probably the most annoying T6 resource. If we're gong to end up stuck with no more than one or two wisps in one place, that will definitely make radiant essence disproportionately aggravating compared to the other T6 resources. It takes at least three wisps to keep any semblance of constant gathering going, five or six if there's more than one person in the area.
    The total number of Radiant Wisps was increased with this patch. Including the Enraged Radiant Wisps near Harro you can have almost 40 in the world at a given time (it was under 20 before).

Where will these be found instead? Perhaps concentrated on Elnath? Lots of unused space there.
    Or are they being eliminated since they are not planned to be dropping comps anymore? (this would be sad)
    Some still spawn on the other Satyr Islands which haven't been touched yet. Some such as Grey Necroflies and Purple Tarantulas spawn in other places in Istaria as well.

The Flaming weapon tech change, any more detail on what you mean by "damage effect"? One of the cool things about the flaming weapon tech was the flame effect on the sword. Which rune of flame doesn't have.
    It has a chance to give a DoT to the target instead of doing straight damage as it did before. The Flaming Weapon tech kit still gives the fiery particle effect, that has not changed.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

CLIENT: Fixed a bug where names were not being properly appended to chat when someone used the /em prefix and when the "Emote" channel is the default channel for a window. Now custom emotes will always properly display the person who sent the emote.
    This is the only thing I have a problem with. And unfortunately it's a big problem for us roleplayers. Many people on Order use the emote window to either make environmental posts, or make a post that doesn't start with the players name. It allows for much more flexability in what you can post.

For example: In the distance, a Sslik can be seen walking towards the New Trismus square from the direction of the portal, as he gets closer some may recognize him as Akrion.

If this is changed, that above post will be forced to look something like: Akrion walks into the New Trismus square from the direction of the portal.

Being forced to account for your name will cause some drastic changes to how an RP post can be structured. This is the only thing I really have a problem with and hope that the fix will either be reconsidered, or changed in some way to not make the example post above look like:
    Akrion In the distance, a Sslik can be seen walking towards the New Trismus square from the direction of the portal, as he gets closer some may recognize him as Akrion.

Amon wrote:

"To make it more predictable. You go to Non-Undead/WA for Tech Comps, Undead/WA for Techs. But, to answer your question, yes, we added more tech comps to more monsters. And, no tier 5 tech comp is assigned to more than 5 techniques."

Is this to say that portions of existing player stocks of T5 Tech Comps will no longer be useable after hundreds of hours of hunting these?

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Amon wrote:

"To make it more predictable. You go to Non-Undead/WA for Tech Comps, Undead/WA for Techs. But, to answer your question, yes, we added more tech comps to more monsters. And, no tier 5 tech comp is assigned to more than 5 techniques."

Is this to say that portions of existing player stocks of T5 Tech Comps will no longer be useable after hundreds of hours of hunting these?

Knossos
    Unfortunately any that were acquired from the Withered Aegis or Undead will no longer be used in techniques. They will, however, be able to be sold for coin or hoarded. We do realize that some players worked long and hard to acquire many of these technique components and we do sympathize. However, in order to create a more predictable loot system we felt we needed to alter the types of monsters that tech comps, techniques and other types of loot were acquired from. And undead/wa no longer having tech comps was part of this change.

Unfortunately any that were acquired from the Withered Aegis or Undead will no longer be used in techniques. They will, however, be able to be sold for coin or hoarded. We do realize that some players worked long and hard to acquire many of these technique components and we do sympathize. However, in order to create a more predictable loot system we felt we needed to alter the types of monsters that tech comps, techniques and other types of loot were acquired from. And undead/wa no longer having tech comps was part of this change.
    Can you not throw an NPC in that will allow players to trade in an old tech comp for the equivalent new tech comp? Or that will trade old tech comps for tokens to use for new tech comps?

Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Frozen Weapon, Bone Arrowhead and Rune of Flame now have a 25% chance of proc'ing instead of 100%.
    Bone Arrowhead tech kit now attunes on install and does 3-5 pierce damage.
    Fanged Arrow-Tip tech kit now attunes on install.
    Flaming Weapon tech now has a chance to proc a damage effect and will no longer do direct damage.
    This is a big friggen nerf, why the hate for adventurers? You want us to take longer to kill things? My damage has such a variance no matter how much strength or 2hand slash I have, only consistant damage I do is from my weapon techs. Thank you for not making the game fun.

Originally Posted by AmonGwareth

At the very least can a list of soon to be obsolete tech comps be given so we can consume as many as possible for benefit of player base in teched gear/spells? Coin or Hoard is not a serious recompense for lost hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    At the very least can a list of soon to be obsolete tech comps be given so we can consume as many as possible for benefit of player base in teched gear/spells? Coin or Hoard is not a serious recompense for lost hundreds of hours of gameplay.

Knossos
    Especially because coin and hoard are almost entirely useless in this game.

The fix with the emote bug I really really do suggest that you reconsider, it is extremely useful for us roleplayer's whom wish to add to their posts within local chat.
    I use this constantly as it allows for me to create many paragraphs worth of descriptions without having to cut some of it off due to the name being in the way.

If I was going to create a paragraphs worth of a descriptions for my characters action and have it reach the chat limit, I continue it with the emote panel. Or if I wish to have an action that I don't want to have my characters name in front of (See Akrion's example) I would use the emote panel

I really do hope you take this into complete consideration before implementing that fix.

Here is a list of tech comps that will become obsolete (these are the one's that were in my vault on Blight so there may be more)

Blue Vexator Fringe
    Corroded Transistor
    Corrupted Shade Ectoplasm
    Defiled Shade Vapor
    Enduring Fyakki Chitin
    Kwellen Energy Node
    Red Vexator Fringe
    Veteran Blight Binding
    Vereran Mummy Wrapping
    Veteral Skeleton Sternum
    Veteran Ghost Vapor
    Veteran Abomonation Chest Skull
    Veteran Aegror Pus Packets
    Veteran Zombie Fingers
    Veteran Skeleton Skull
    Veteran Zombie Ribs
    Zombie Ogre Toes

Thaalia of Order

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Unhappy Re: Blight Update 190 Discussion

Oh, this is most unfortunate to suddenly obsolete years of effort on my technique component collection.

Honestly, this will break my heart. I have been working the last 6 months to gather components for new gear. I love to see Istaria change to fix problems, enhancements or add new content. I really do not understand why a "zero value" change needs to have such a drastic impact.

May I make a reasonable suggestion?

Create a mapping of the old components to new ones. Where there is no one-for-one relationship, then a technique for splitting the difference?

Respectfully... A Dryad in need of Chocolate,
    ~<Gengel>~

I do appreciate the work you guys are doing, and I'm especially excited to see the new khutit heads in the game, but I'm going to go with the other roleplayers on the emote fix. Being able to use it adds so much more depth and variety to roleplay posts, I would be disappointed to see it go. I didn't particularly see it as a bug in the first place or even a problem...

Sheriff of the Order Roleplay Police Squad

You are not the only one who feels this way Gengel. I have literally 1000s of satry island tech comps that have been looted over the years that are stored for my and my guildmates' use. To change the last 7 years of how we use items to create gear, spells, etc. is, in my opinion, going to be very hard to swallow.

Hunting the Satyr Islands has become a kind of Rite of Passage for almost every high level player. There is nowhere else to find blue vexators, red vexators and purple tarantulas so it has become a feat to achieve the ability to hunt successfully on those islands. What will happen to the islands? Will they become dead zones? Will players even know what a blue vexator is a year from now?

Maybe these satyr island comps could be used for something else? New dyes, new drag and drop techs for gear and spells, plot decorations; anything is better than just "sell them to the pawnbroker". And learning to sucessfully hunt the Satyr Islands would still be a feat worthy of achieving.

Holth

Thread Information