Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Update 190 Discussion

Default Re: Blight Update 190 Discussion

Really not a fan of the emote fix. I use it often to enhance my roleplay. It looks ridiculous if such things have my name in front of them:
    "Is it your imagination or is the sky darker?" during Shian's scary story of the battle of Lerena
    vs:
    "Shian: Is it your imagination or is the sky darker?"

Just... takes away from the experience. I also have a hatchling that uses no name emotes because she prefers others to not know her name (silly as that sounds)

Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    Calimir's Hide Grip and Dire Wolf Hide Grip now have a 10% chance to proc instead of 5%.
    Why don't you make these techs to proc off delay??? I swing a fine mithril battle axe probally the slowest crafted weapon for 10%? All these nerfs to frozen/flame techs and such hurt high delay weapon users. I have a spirit crystal from a quest in kion that adjusts for delay, procs at 17% on my axe. Make these techs the same so the monk classes don't whine.

Please rethink some of these changes that you have instore for your customers please.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaken View Post
    This is a big friggen nerf, why the hate for adventurers? You want us to take longer to kill things? My damage has such a variance no matter how much strength or 2hand slash I have, only consistant damage I do is from my weapon techs. Thank you for not making the game fun.
    I feel the same way. I already have trouble finding a reason to log in and play. Maybe I've been around too long. Maybe I'm just tired and grumpy. Doesn't matter: when this nerf goes live I will be cancelling my subs. Its been a good ride but I think the fun is gone, and games are supposed to be fun.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

I finally made a plot to hold all the stuff I farmed (Satyr Island comps too). I asked how to make it so If my plot is reclaimed I won't lose it. Don't keep stuff in pouches a wise man told me. My point, Virtrium won't get my $360 a year from my two accounts if this patch isn't rethought through. I invested alot in my toon to make him the best he can be, but I'm tired of taking 2 steps foward one step back.

And screw that making techs a delay thing I said earlier, leave them as they are.

I overread the Satyr -comp thing at first sight.

This is bad and sad. And I agree to all who complain about that.
    Though I`m always first when it comes to call Nadia back.
    Players will leave because of this change. Veterans.
    Like it always happens when something gets nerfed.

But lets think about that:
    Riaken opened a thread again:"Who is the playerbase"
    The answer is as usual: We the vets are. Istaria could not exist without us.
    But in his post there is another question: "Why do new players not stay?"
    Riaken says, cause Istaria is not WoW like. And its demanding.
    I agree.

I add a question: Why do so few new players (if at all) come to endgame content?
    Because they feel its impossible to get there. They see us vets play and fight and craft together, talking about things they`ve never heard or understand.
    And they need our help for nearly everything (send a lvl. 80 to Satyr to hunt comps?)
    That is frustrating.
    That was much different when we grew up. There was a high playerbase.
    Lots of folks with your own level.

So: I think making things a bit easier for new players, is a first step in the right direction.
    I still do not like it, don`t want to game to be easier to play.
    But there has to be a concept to get and keep new players.
    This step sounds right to me.

But anyway. Amon, give us something else to hunt for- and do not touch our precioussss weapons;-)P
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

We have heard your concerns and we are looking into ways of mitigating some of the impact veteran players may feel from this loot change. There isn't a direct 1-to-1 relationship among the new to old tech comps, but we are looking at ways of allowing you to trade-in obsolete tech comps for the new ones.

Also, for the record, the following change was made to assist players in obtaining tech comps (and techniques) after the loot revamp:

Aidan the Reasonable in Bristugo now accepts Techniques in addition to Technique Components. Also, due to Imperial subsidies he no longer charges a fee for consigning items.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

i have to agree with people here. i don't use the emote panel thing, but it does enhance the roleplay. the tech comps will make people leave, because they are really hard to get. like, the vexator fringes, those are worth a LOT of coin, because they are so hard to get. i also don't agree with the Satyr island silver spawns being removed, because it is SUPER expensive to purchase them now...which i find is bullcrap. but that's another issue.

the biggest thing to me, is all this attuning stuff. way overboard to have the sovereign cargo fliers attune, and making the tech kits attune on install....why? what is the motivation to have them attuned instead of tradeable after use? for example: the Primal Vengeance scales, the triple-teched ones are VERY rare, and worth a lot of coin, let alone the single teched ones(because nobody has the technique anymore. those that do, don't play anymore.). having them non-attuned creates a market, because people can trade them. you guys are ruining any chances of an in-game economy with this attunement bullcrap.

on a lighter note: i LOVE the Khutit head change. VERY AWESOME. also, the forest thing is cool too!

the Primal Vengeance scales, the triple-teched ones are VERY rare, and worth a lot of coin, let alone the single teched ones(because nobody has the technique anymore. those that do, don't play anymore.).
    I have Primal vengeance on this dragon but that tech got nerfed AFAIK.
    In any case I had all 3 the techs but on my first dragon, the one GN kindly forced me to delete because that was their neat way to "fix" bugged ROPs.

having them non-attuned creates a market, because people can trade them. you guys are ruining any chances of an in-game economy with this attunement bullcrap
    I also don't get some things.
    In theory attunement would be imposed on epics in order to have people go earn their own stuff. This is quite OK and it's how it's done in other games.
    I can even understand making BHM attuned to avoid a sort of cheating.
    But the nerfed things like primal vengeance? Why? And the rest?
    I don't want to rain on the parade nor to disrespect on Virtrium massive and encomiable efforts but in prime time we are 92-ish visible concurrent players. I used to find 750 items on Kion (i.e. not the main) consigner 2 years ago. Now it was 238 items at Bristugo 2 days ago.
    This means that nowadays to get something done that we are not 100 trained for, is a PITA. I recall in WoW it'd also take a several days to get 1 item done and teched. But that was to get the ORANGE (aka legendary hammer) items done, not a teched cargo piece!
    Since by the numbers it's quite evident there are not *that* many new players, how can we imagine the "survivors" who basically are enduring to stay, will take some nerve wrecking changes?
    I don't play since a long time yet I vividly recall how painful (yet rewarding!) was to get 1 ogre toe or a Kwellen bit for a dragon. And now have to see the efforts be lost like that?
    You know what? Every day I log in and half-pray: "make it so that Chasing, Shula, LOV and Dakoren keep logging in". Because with the few numbers left, everyone leaving is a long time friend lost, a painful shock. One less survivor. One less chance to form a group to kill those group bosses.
    I wish the Developers would do the possible to keep people playing since apparently it's impossible to get new faces.
    When all you got is a droplets leaking bucket with no inflow. You really want to plug the leaks.

Once we get back to 2000 players, THEN let's impose strict checks and rebalance that could be impopular.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Aidan the Reasonable in Bristugo now accepts Techniques in addition to Technique Components. Also, due to Imperial subsidies he no longer charges a fee for consigning items.
    Making connies not charge the 10% should have happened when most of them were decomissioned. As far as techniques many of the veteran players have mules that hold these or Libraries. I still don't understand this loot revamp. I loved being able to go to satry islands and try to steer clear of aggro while killing Vex's Zombie Ogre And the tuffiest mob Kwellen's cause of the 20 blights that always surround it. I lived with issues with this game from start. LAG, Mobs taking a minute to appear in the zone I'm in. Some things can't be changed, and some things should not be changed. Please do the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Holth View Post
    Here is a list of tech comps that will become obsolete (these are the one's that were in my vault on Blight so there may be more)

Blue Vexator Fringe
    Corroded Transistor
    Corrupted Shade Ectoplasm
    Defiled Shade Vapor
    Enduring Fyakki Chitin
    Kwellen Energy Node
    Red Vexator Fringe
    Veteran Blight Binding
    Vereran Mummy Wrapping
    Veteral Skeleton Sternum
    Veteran Ghost Vapor
    Veteran Abomonation Chest Skull
    Veteran Aegror Pus Packets
    Veteran Zombie Fingers
    Veteran Skeleton Skull
    Veteran Zombie Ribs
    Zombie Ogre Toes
    So what's going to be our motivation to hunt these mobs now?

It certainly isn't for finding techs. There's very little demand for those since you only ever need one of them.

Comps are a consumable item, for which there is a constant demand. The ones that other people find hard to get are the ones that make it worth your time and effort to collect.

Limiting the critters that drop comps to regular mobs will mean fewer players will bother to try to hunt at these places (Satyr Islands) unless they need to do it for a quest, then they'll never go there again. May as well wipe a few of those Satyr Islands from the world, just leave Corvus, that place is like home to me.

I shudder to think of the list of T5 techs and the new comps required for them. I hope it's not going to be a list of: golem bits, beetle bits, spider bits, gruok bits, wolf bits, treant bits. dull dull dull.

A change I would have preferred is for the mobs that drop trophies (the ones useful for leveling, not the other junk trophies) dropping no comps, and comp dropping mobs to drop no trophies.
    This is the reason why most comps are currently worth very little or nothing at all. They are collected en masse though trophy farming. I bet if you made vexators, energised kwellens (and the rest of the quoted list above) drop trophies, there'd never be an under supply of their comps.

I think you'll need to explain this change better and the reason why we should support it, before the people who've expressed their views about it on this and other posts, and those in game will feel anything other than absolute dread about it.

For me, I like to hunt, and all those vexator fringes, Vet abomination chest skulls, Zombie Toes, Kwellen Nodes etc that I've looted and sold have provided the coin that I've put on my plot for others to build. In the past few months that's about 35 Gold for people to build T1 and T2 structures, and I still haven't finished my plans for it.

Vortura / Twiggie of Order

We've heard the concerns of roleplayers in regards to the change to "emote spoofing" and how it changes the roleplay immersion. I wanted to briefly explain why we made the change and why we won't, therefore, change it back, but also solicit ideas for how we could format the messages in such a way that they would allow for a greater level of immersion for roleplayers. For example, all roleplayers accept that when you type something that you character says, it starts with: Name says, "message".

Months ago we began receiving harassment reports from players in game that contained highly inappropriate text where the message appeared to be coming from a specific player (as the name was at the start of the line). When we contacted the people who appeared to be doing the harassment, we discovered that not only was their name being "spoofed" in these messages, but that players had no means for defending their own reputation in game because it was fully possible to make someone appear to be "saying" something they were not. Enforcement of our harassment policy also became difficult because we could not tell for certain from whence the offensive messages were coming. All chat messages will now report the person who originated the message on screen and to the chat log if someone has chat logging turned on in their client.

In the months that we were diagnosing and working to fix this problem, we discussed internally many different potential formats for how this feedback message should be sent out. Presently I believe the format is one that is consistent with other chat channel messages. But it would be a relatively easy change, I believe, to have how the message is presented. We could, for example, have the message read simply (Name: ) without the parenthesis of course. Suggestions are welcome for how to format the feedback message in such a manner as to be less immersion breaking than it does presently. But we ask that all players, both those who roleplay and those who don't, to please understand that we made this change to address a very serious exploit in the game that was negatively effecting many of our valued players.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaken View Post
    This is a big friggen nerf, why the hate for adventurers? You want us to take longer to kill things? My damage has such a variance no matter how much strength or 2hand slash I have, only consistant damage I do is from my weapon techs. Thank you for not making the game fun.
    I am in complete agreement with this. Why take the fun out of being an adventurer, half the fun is the ability to deal some damage not watch a mobs health slowly dwindle down. Why such a HUGE nerf....the techs really are the only consistent damage being done. This will remove any interest in leveling an adventure class.
    Toven Dayye, Chaos

Amarie:

If the chat traffic could be stored on the server including originating players identity, and all players are aware of this, then perhaps originating player's identity need not be visible to players in chat and full immersion rp could be supported with no concern about "spoofing" being at all "bulletproof" in the event of any future harrassment report.
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; October 15th, 2010 at 02:13 PM.

The cost of storing chat traffic server side makes such a suggestion impossible. It would simply be taxing in the extreme from all angles to do so.

I've played my ranger since the first week of release. I have taken it in the shorts numerous times over my adventuring career, but I will not 'grin and bear' a 75% reduction on my frozen/flame/bone tech's damage output.
    What’s the next retroactive adjustment? Clerics cast too many heal spells? Gold rage recycle? Like I said in my previous post, I’ve reached the point of saying enough is enough. The hide grip was a big enough slap in the face (I should have stomped my feet then, I'm doing it now). Maybe it was a 10 minute quest for someone who had foraging V already, but I had to grind marble bricks for weeks to level scholar to the point that I could equip a t5 skinning knife. Next patch it was nerfed into the garbage bin. Ouch. This just happens to be my final straw. When this nerf goes live, I’m done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortura View Post
    A change I would have preferred is for the mobs that drop trophies (the ones useful for leveling, not the other junk trophies) dropping no comps, and comp dropping mobs to drop no trophies.
    This is the reason why most comps are currently worth very little or nothing at all. They are collected en masse though trophy farming. I bet if you made vexators, energised kwellens (and the rest of the quoted list above) drop trophies, there'd never be an under supply of their comps.
    This is a good point. I've pawned thousands of wolf fangs, golem chips, etc.
    Last edited by Trust; October 15th, 2010 at 03:52 PM.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Aye, im going to agree with the rune of flame and all the other 100% tech kits going down to 25% (even though rune of flame is currently 32%), my current fighting claw has a DCoM, rune of flame, and battle scarred, before the nerf I was able to do about 400 damage a hit, I can now do an average of.....250 I think, though I guess with some attacks it can be a bit overpowered.....I guess....

but on the other hand, I LOVE the khutit heads, meeps looks so much cuter with her curly horns

Quote Originally Posted by Amarie Ancalimon View Post
    ...we discovered that not only was their name being "spoofed" in these messages, but that players had no means for defending their own reputation in game because it was fully possible to make someone appear to be "saying" something they were not.
    Yes, but I'm not seeing how someone did this and had it believable. If it was an emote, it would be in a different color not white and therefore false. When a player says something "Name says," is usually a different color from the text that is being written or so the default is. Sadly, this is one aspect that doesn't show up on the logs.

Meh. This sucks, but at least now I understand why. As my roommate put it, there should be no reason for us to be able to write our own system messages. As nice as it is, it's like printing your own money.

Kind of strange that we've been using it for how long? and to just get a bad apple now.

Isn't there a way to get our biote or something in the logs but not displayed?

I don't understand the plan or the need for the Satyr Isles over haul at all. The Satyr Isles are the only challenging place left to hunt left in the game for plenty of us, the fact that it dropped rare comps that lots of characters can't get was an added bonus Nadias removal created that made us both relevent and gave us reason to be hunting there. I don't see how a spawn change and the comp change doesn't destroy the challenge and the need.

This is Istarias end game...it shouldn't be easy and t5 teched gear is neither a right of membership or something anyone should be able to get. There are ample hunters on Order to get you anything sized comp order you need within a couple days, that doesn't sound unrealistic considering the number off comps needed to triple tech t5 stuff. I think anyone that has used any of us that frequently offer our services for it can vouche for the fact it doesn't take us long.

I've gone through plenty of changes I've disagreed with, but this seems a change that removes what I actually do in game as having any sort of relevence. That makes this one extremely drastic in my eyes.

Why now?, what was wrong with them as is. I've had a great time with a new toon doing the revamp, was awaiting the t3 overhaul to keep going, you guys have done an amazing job on the revamps. Why jump up to t5 now and revamp something working fine? So now my alt is stalled awaiting the t3 revamp and my main has just lost what he does day in and day out. I guess I can only hope that I can figure out something to keep me busy before my account is up for renewal.

This does nothing to address any concerns that I see plaguing game. What are the reasons for this exactly? And what is so pressing about something so high end at this minute when the overall game revamp is still only at t2 complete?

Not to be all negative, lots of other nice things in this patch but I don't get this Satyr revamp at all.

Prepend this to emotes:

[Name's emote]
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    This does nothing to address any concerns that I see plaguing game
    Since I am a dragon with great powers, do you think I entered in telepatic contact with you and the other vets in this Rants post?

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...2&postcount=16

Because I pray hard to be wrong.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information