Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Blight Update 190 Discussion

Default Re: Blight Update 190 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Imho chaotic chaos > ordered chaos.

Ordered by definition means it's structured.
    Structures show patterns.
    Patterns are repeating occurrances.
    "Repeating" gets boring fast.
    Getting boring is the bane of the adventurer.
    The bane of the adventurer is lose motivation.
    Losing motivation causes quitting the game.

Fear leads to anger
    anger leads to hate
    hate leads to suffering..
    such is the path to the dark side

... dark side leads to Lunus?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Have to ask Yoda

Hoardables dropping only from (Semi)Intelligent beings?

That is going to totally screw over dragons trying to level up, you realize.

Low level dragons do not have the cash to buy hoardables from the Consigners (players like to charge 10s+ per hoardable now, they'll get even MORE expensive as the supply and maybe demand increase!). <t4 dragons don't HAVE 10s to blow per hoardable.

Trying to fight this stuff on your own? All Semi-Intelligent creatures spawn in groups and are highly social and like to respawn ontop of you. This is OK in T4, T5+ when you actually have tools to handle this crap, but earlier on? Not so much.

And instead of steadily acquiring HV while you level (which only makes sense logically), you're going to acquire no HV whatsoever unless you fight Semi-Intelligents, which is going to make you having to stop and farm this stuff every other quest you do, because a dragon is almost FORCED to blow HV to fight anything near their level. And since you can't really fight equal-level Semi-Intelligents very reliably until at least T3 or T4, you're forced to farm lower-level crap whose HV drops are less-than-stellar (trying to farm up a couple hundred K HV using 3-5k HV drops would take *forever*).

I thought the whole point of increasing the HV Drop Frequency was to make dragons' playstyle a bit more fun, and to eliminate the need to farm or blow atrocious amounts of money to keep one's HV up, right? Now you're just going to throw that way, and make us farm or blow ridiculous amounts of money again? That makes no sense whatsoever.

This change will screw over the low-level dragons badly. I highly suggest re-thinking this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Hoardables dropping only from (Semi)Intelligent beings
    Semi-intelligent, undead and all withered aegis. Just not beetles and wolves and stuff.

And no, it won't screw over low-level Dragons. Still plenty of opportunities to get hoard.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    I thought the whole point of increasing the HV Drop Frequency was to make dragons' playstyle a bit more fun, and to eliminate the need to farm or blow atrocious amounts of money to keep one's HV up, right? Now you're just going to throw that way, and make us farm or blow ridiculous amounts of money again? That makes no sense whatsoever.
    Gems are wonderful.

There is lot of hoard stored in lairs/ houses or vault.

I`m not the only one who has hoard to give- or willing to spent some time
    to hunt for hoard.
    Its normal that in the beginnig its hard to earn hoard- but it gets easier, the higher you level up.

All hungry drags have to say so- like I did, when I needed hoard to start with RoP long ago.
    I`m sure you will get help here and there.

So pls- Order- drags: Don`t be shy and let us know!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Ugg, anything that brings back "un-natural" grinds for hoarde I'm against. At least its all WA and Undead...even if those areas can be a %Y)@(@#@ to go hunting in at ALL levels. I'm hoping then that they drop tons of hoard to make up for the non-gaining of hoard when killing every other mob in game...:/

The idea here was to gather hoard as you play, naturally. Not to grind gems (oh my god please dont' make me spend days craft-grinding for hoard..AGAIN!), or craft, or have to beg constantly from strangers or friends, or spend tons of coin, to get to the "suggested" levels of hoard requried to play (levels that no longer stay where they are...).

I would suggest taking another look at what mobs drop hoard - I'm not saying every spider and maggot needs to drop it, but perhaps things that at least a little bit easier to solo - that aren't in tight knit groups (because of the tighter areas), huge spawns, and really fast respawn timers (so the place you stood for a minute or two isn't suddenly now again covered in 10 other mobs lol).

(And Lov, no matter what hoard is stored where, while I'm thrilled you have such a great community around you, not everyone who plays across all time zones has that constant benefit - I dont' want this game becoming one of the have-nots begging all the haves to give them their stores of stuff. And its not even about that, its about where it goes from here...)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Too bad I can't do columns in this format... oh well. A comparison of the old and maybe-new.

Currently:
    • Crafters can efficiently increase hoard with only moderate impact on leveling efforts: instead of using resources at maximum XP efficiency or gaining coin, you hoard them.
    • Adventurers can increase hoard with only moderate impact on leveling: instead of fighting the single best xp/hour critters, you fight an only slightly-less-efficient monster for hoardibles.

Proposed change:
    • Crafters unaffected.
    • Adventurers must decide between run-of-the-mill fodder critters (the lazy man's way to level 100, and likely the most popular route) and high-effort monsters that require a substantial investment of effort, either to find other players to help or just plain needing to be better at fighting. Possible XP gain or loss, depending on whether Aegis/etc. are fine-tuned to be more XP-lucrative than "kill 20 gruok."

What I think the change boils down to is hoard would require more sidetracking to obtain from an ADV route. On paper, the change would forcibly promote more reliance among players: either find friends your size to help you loot it yourself, or find kindly-disposed bipeds and elder dragons to offer you what they don't need/want.

Hrm. From the perspective of those who think that they're entitled to some amount of hoard just for leveling ADV, this is a bad change. From the perspective of people with patience, or lots of loving friends, or a sweet tooth for cut gems, this isn't particularly unbearable. Given that the theme of this delta seems to be "we want players to be more than ships passing in the night" this change would be completely in line. But I don't know how angry it'll make the "I want this to be easier already" crowd.

I dont know that its a sense of "entitlement" that they should just kill mob and expect hoard.

To me it comes down to more of a "natural gain" as you move through hte levels -and while you won't hit each "tier" of hoard naturally as you level, neither should you have to be required to go out of your way to grind up hoard just to be able to adventure somewhere else for a few days.

Hoarde is one of those touchy things - being as how its always been up and down while the devs try to keep "flavor" without the "annoyance" that it has been at times. I just don't want it to be "ok I have to go hunt skellies for an hour in order to go kill stupid animals needed in these other quest for the next two".

There's always a grind to get hoard level even now (if you try to keep it current to get the most benefit), and there's an active choice about how much you want to burn of what you ground out (shield of gold isnt' even on my hotbars..).

I just dont' think it snecesary to grind the earning of it back UP again.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    On paper, the change would forcibly promote more reliance among players: either find friends your size to help you loot it yourself, or find kindly-disposed bipeds and elder dragons to offer you what they don't need/want.
    This is true. However, it is far less frustrating and far more rewarding when there is the population to support it. On Order, during the times I log in, there often are so few online that I couldn't find someone to adventure with if I wanted to.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i am optimistic about blight, these days...
    so many friends are returning - indeed, yesterday i discovered the true queen of blight has returned to us!
    most welcome home, my beloved ry, and all our dear siblings!

so hopefully, there will soon be more peeps and a greater mix of levels and specialties to nuture the next gen of ubers!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Semi-intelligent, undead and all withered aegis. Just not beetles and wolves and stuff.
    what about treants? I believe i ran across a talking treant on lesser aradoth that gives you a quest.

pygmies and ogres are they considered semi-intelligent?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    what about treants? I believe i ran across a talking treant on lesser aradoth that gives you a quest.

pygmies and ogres are they considered semi-intelligent?
    Felion Mor gives you quests, yes. But Treants are not considered intelligent monsters. They don't build camps or structures or anything.

Pygmies and Ogres are intelligent, they build villages and stuff.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Im not sure if it was on this build or not so i'll stick it here, Amon if this is wrong can you please tell me where to go stick it LOL, I guess there is some tickets open already on plot planning on blight , any update on the plot issue
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Amon Pleas check your pms something i need you to do for me to continue to test the islands

So far i love what you done with them i never seen such a dence spawn of vex in my time hear in istaria it stands to be a good fight
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Amon Pleas check your pms something i need you to do for me to continue to test the islands

So far i love what you done with them i never seen such a dence spawn of vex in my time hear in istaria it stands to be a good fight
    If you are looking at any but Alged then they weren't changed...

I went to Alged today but i could not test as EPION accidentally joined a biped school that i need changed so it was Just a fly over

and i gave you feed back about the monsters on the guild town of Yewen
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Thread Information