Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who hunts the WA?

Default Who hunts the WA?

I have been hearing the dev team asking, "how do we get more people engaging the WA"......well removing comps the ONLY thing they carry worth having isn't it. Comps gave the only reason to engage the enemy and that made Satyrs the place to do it. You think the Satyrs hard try ED where mobs are higher, and theres the joy of near invicible Kwellens roaming in threes, rock haulers etc, plus the bonus of the usual lousy WA xp and worthless loot to run to PB.

Make fighting the WA something worth while, why are the hardest and longest battles the worst xp, why do the highest monsters in the game have junk to loot, fix the group xp to encourage grouping into ED, give us some decent quest lines to go in after stuff with high xp or loot worth linking at least.

All I see are less reasons to hunt the WA in this recent delta not one that'll encourage more engagement.

Default Re: Who hunts the WA?

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    I have been hearing the dev team asking, "how do we get more people engaging the WA"......well removing comps the ONLY thing they carry worth having isn't it. Comps gave the only reason to engage the enemy and that made Satyrs the place to do it. You think the Satyrs hard try ED where mobs are higher, and theres the joy of near invicible Kwellens roaming in threes, rock haulers etc, plus the bonus of the usual lousy WA xp and worthless loot to run to PB.

Make fighting the WA something worth while, why are the hardest and longest battles the worst xp, why do the highest monsters in the game have junk to loot, fix the group xp to encourage grouping into ED, give us some decent quest lines to go in after stuff with high xp or loot worth linking at least.

All I see are less reasons to hunt the WA in this recent delta not one that'll encourage more engagement.
    It would also help if they'd improve multiple-mob fighting, such as trying to loot mobs, and/or ensuring that you don't get 10+ mobs on you no matter what you do.

Trying to heal yourself and re-acquire the target you were fighting? Forget it. It isn't happening, no matter how important it is.

Lag? It will still kill you every time.

Mobs having ridiculously powerful attacks? Yup, they still do.

Mobs chain-stunning you? Oh heck yes. You find this everywhere. I just love looking at my character and feeling helpless and unable to do anything at all.

Maybe if they'd make the mobs more pleasant (I'm not saying easier, necessarily!) to fight game mechanics-wise, I might consider fighting WA or Undead more often.

But given the game's engine is very clunky when it comes to multiple mob combat... I refuse to touch Undead or WA any more than I absolutely have to. I don't even like fighting Ogres and Pygmies, let alone undead.

Anyone who has played anything more advanced, comes to a game like this and they just groan when there's no way to cast a heal on themselves without losing their target, for example. Or there's no way to figure out what you've looted and not looted without having to go through some complicated process of installing a command that should already be installed just to be able to loot mobs.

THAT is the real reason I won't hunt WA or Undead. It is just too darn frustrating and painful when I have to fight with the Game's UI more than I'm fighting with the mobs.

And the chain stuns are ridiculous. I'll just repeat that, because it needs repeating.

How about you do manage to get a WA mob dead on Satyr Islands and a oracle or druid undead heals mob. If I had a dollar everytime I had a mob there down to 4 hp's only to have him drive-by healed by one of his buddies.

ED undead are no different and I usually prey on a straggler, But wait til area loads in cause he's with a wraith master and 9 other undead.

It's a challenge there, maybe that's why they revamping the WA.

Try killing a Energized Kwellen with 10 blights that instantanesly cast Paralyzing Gaze 3 at you then proceed to stun and chew you down.

The morale of the story? Put all your TP's into health.

Sorry but I love hunting the satyrs just how they are, only reason I play this game, the challenge is better then any other teir or mob...........

Don't get me wrong I love it there too. But I think the devs let it slip about problems on their end with Satyr Islands. Vexator fringes were rare and now super aboundant, Ghost Vapors didn't drop, and now Zombie ogres kinda MIA.

I hear and heard stories how you tear through that place like your'e on a mission. I still wet my greaves there.

I still want my rune flame tech as is. I wait and see.

I just logged into blight and went to alged.................sorry a bunch of famine and mighty mobs, boring.

Unfortunately I don't have a high level toon on blight and from the sounds of things is a pitiful sight to see from what it was. I was one who hated satyr islands and dreaded to go there ..... until this slowest leveler in the game finally got to level 100 adventure and decided to learn the place.

Scary as heck to start not knowing where to go and drag someone with you for moral and combat support. Gradually learning a few good spots and exploring from there. Then realizing that really great pull spot from last week is a swarm of undead and time to find the next really great pull spot. I really liked the unpredictability of finding that night's good hunting spot. Was a challenge and truly a hunt. Not just go to the golem field and start mowing them down.

Vexes were scary as all get out the first time I tried to hunt one at lv80 something. They became one of my favorite targets. There was the risk I would misjudge things and get an add while the thing had me stunned. That was what made it fun. I love mage duels when I can lure a caster out away from his buddies, yes I am one of those weird primal dragons. But that teasing my target out away from the others was part of the fun.

And by the end of the evening I would have some comps to show for my efforts, items with value to other players. Anything else I picked up was pretty much junk, occasionally something useful for an alt but not enough to inspire a hunting trip. I have been very busy lately with lair work and not been out there much but I will miss my favorite hunting grounds if it becomes no more challenging then a golem field.

Dracaena

@ Jayne...I'd go farther and have, I would call the Satyr Isles the best hunting in any MMO I've ever played. The respawn so random...every racial ability to consider while adding in more mob, every class possiblity to keep tabs on, the casters and archers doubly so, finding the mobs healers, the always to late count on the number of actual blights wrapped around the Kwellen, if Palsy or one of the other nerf balls are stopping by to mean a quick weapon change at the right time. Removing the comps is damaging enough to the fact its already seldom hunted, but to knowingly and willing take probably the BEST hunting spot in the MMO genre and turn it into another mundane killing field seems counter productive.

I see people complaining bout how hard the satyr isles is. Its challenging but not hard imo. Maybe its because I'm a seasoned vet but it one pays attention to mobs and looks for different spots it can become all to easy. Elnath especially. If to many gang up, run away come back and try again.

This is my speculation but could the devs currently be making the satyr isles junk to loot because they are focusing more on the how rather than the what? I believe they should keep the variety but add a little more organization to it.

I do have to say that I would like to see group xp change because as it is now soloing is better than group:/
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

As it is when I play I only hunt Satyr WA when I absolutely have to. Not that I hate it or wet my pants, but for one the lag is really annoying and second the low drop rates of any WA mob was also annoying, but not as much as the lag.
    I believe that if you want people to actually hunt WA, you must give them a reason to hunt them since very few people think it is worth their time and effort. My idea has been for a long time to use only WA tech components for use in techniques and combined with a droprate of 1 per 2 to max 4 kills the gifted will once again declare war against WA.

Ow well, but who I am I, but a lately mostly sleeping dragon.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Funny I have never had lag hunting the satyrs. I hunt them because they are fun and there is loot that is needed and makes it worth hunting also

Lags are the main reason, why I hate Satyr.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Let's not forget everyone's favorite, you're fighting a few mobs and suddenly, out of nowhere, 10+ pop right beside you and you proceed to get stunned for 10+ seconds, then you just... drop dead.

lol.

Like I said in my above post, I like challenge.

But I _don't_ like fighting the game's UI, or cheap shots in which the player has little (or no) control over, and there are very little preventative measures beyond "bring a bunch of friends".

The problem with "Bring a bunch of friends!" is sometimes, said friends are neither non-existant, or just plain not online.

I am a dragon, so unless they added some uber-gear since the last time I played, I am prone to die fast and hard at those isles.

But it's fun and chaotic, so you must adapt quickly, the mobs "combos" are endless, the skills used are deadly for once. The mobs have a chance, in fact (for once) they come with their healers, ressers, stunners. Unfair? Well that's what done to them since the dawn of gaming

At the end of the day you get home with the Real Trophies, the vexator fringes => means you know your sh_t, veteran <name> pieces to show you could deal with "organized" groups of mobs.

Now this will end.

Will we get another crapola-o-golem farce?

1) Wear crush resistant scales
    2) Land in the middle of spawn
    3) Cast AoE
    4) Yawn
    5) Profit.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    It would also help if they'd improve multiple-mob fighting, such as trying to loot mobs, and/or ensuring that you don't get 10+ mobs on you no matter what you do.

Trying to heal yourself and re-acquire the target you were fighting? Forget it. It isn't happening, no matter how important it is.

Lag? It will still kill you every time.

Mobs having ridiculously powerful attacks? Yup, they still do.

Mobs chain-stunning you? Oh heck yes. You find this everywhere. I just love looking at my character and feeling helpless and unable to do anything at all.

Maybe if they'd make the mobs more pleasant (I'm not saying easier, necessarily!) to fight game mechanics-wise, I might consider fighting WA or Undead more often.

But given the game's engine is very clunky when it comes to multiple mob combat... I refuse to touch Undead or WA any more than I absolutely have to. I don't even like fighting Ogres and Pygmies, let alone undead.

Anyone who has played anything more advanced, comes to a game like this and they just groan when there's no way to cast a heal on themselves without losing their target, for example. Or there's no way to figure out what you've looted and not looted without having to go through some complicated process of installing a command that should already be installed just to be able to loot mobs.

THAT is the real reason I won't hunt WA or Undead. It is just too darn frustrating and painful when I have to fight with the Game's UI more than I'm fighting with the mobs.

And the chain stuns are ridiculous. I'll just repeat that, because it needs repeating.
    I agree with Perma AoE stuns. Even Bipeds in a group would have trouble pulling off stunning a GROUP permanently but Ogres alone can accomplish that. Even if you bring a group they will all be stunned so it does not help.

One of the best systems for the healing thing I have EVER seen was the ability to cast heals at your enemy and have the spell resolve on whomever that enemy was targeting. This meant healers could attack a monster even while a Tank had Aggro and still be able to heal the Tank because that is who the monster was after. It makes good sense you are healing the person the monster is Killing.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Yeah... I hate to fight the UI and lagmonster, too.

" Fun and chaotic?" Targeting in Istaria is a mess. Spawning-on-the-fly is a laggy mess. Playing from EU doesn't help lag either, or the fact that the game client can utilize only a fraction of my computer's plentiful resources... Fun, no. Chaotic, yes. Those things are beyond players' control.

At least on some games you cast a helpful spell automatically on yourself while you're targeting a hostile... But that doesn't help one bit if you end up perma-stunned.

Yet I keep playing the game... strange

Chain stunning is a very cheap tactic. Nothing like coming in with brilliant tactics, a good strategy that is carefully planned out, good gear tailored to the damage the mob deals

then watch as your hp going down, your character just standing there and NOTHING you do will make a difference because enemies are chain stunning.

It should be noted that now (Nadia has been gone for quite a time) there is no serious shortage of Satyr Island Tech Comps on either of the Live Shards. Clearly some players are hunting the Satyr Isles and making needed T5 Tech Comps available to players at prices far lower than Nadia's old price list. On Order Shard at least 3 of these players who hunt the Satyr Islands on a regular basis are outside the United States.

One would then ask why not leave the Satyr Isles as they are. Not all players need to punish themselves hunting there (there are many other places to hunt) and the players who do enjoy hunting there are participating in and providing a positive ingredient in what little game economy we have.

If it is not "broken" why take time to "fix" it. Surely there are higher priority areas of focus for the development team resources.

Knossos
    Last edited by Knossos; October 26th, 2010 at 03:11 PM.

Knossos, its no secret that I hate to hunt on Satyr. And I hate to ask for the comps, like many others do, cause I have nothing to give in return.

But I would say, leave it as it is, cause I do not want to loose my friends due to that! Cause exactly those 3 people who hunt there I would miss badly!

But if I understood Amon right- all Satyr is kinda bug- and the randomness that you love there was never intended to be that way.
    And due to that bug it would be impossible to do that loot revamp-which we all want and which is necessary.
    So I fear-sooner or later- it has to be done anyway-somehow.
    So maybe, dear hunters you can cotton up to a change. If its still worth to hunt there (new loot- still much challinging mobs) its worth a try.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I think part of the idea, is to place broken item pieces on Satyr (it makes good sense, Lore-wise too) that players can farm up, and sell the parts on the consigner so that players can assemble these weapons, and have fun with that system.

And about the Stuns..... they aren't just stuns, but AoE Stuns as well!? Jeebus. That's even more cheap than I thought it was.

I think Stuns in general need a nerf. Is there any way that a debuff (well, buff) can be placed so that once you get stunned, if you get stunned again, it only lasts half as long until the buff/debuff wears off? That way, you have a fighting chance against stuff that likes to stun you. Maybe make it stack until eventually, stuns don't work at all (or last 0 seconds) until the debuff (maybe the debuff lasts 2 minutes or something and is refreshed when a stun is attempted again)?

Thread Information