Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who hunts the WA?

Default Re: Who hunts the WA?

Except, mobs in Istaria love to be invisible until you enter an area, then BAM, there's 10 of them right ontop of you.
    Well, spawns tend to be reliably unreliable (!), that is once done them a pair of time you should know their "lag type" - super slow with small spawn, fast with lots of mobs, slow with mobs with healers...
    This would justify a game fix not an ability nerf anyway.

Basically I avoid most issues by not head-down charging in, if mobs behave so bad to kill me, next time I come back I go in even more cautiously.
    I also think it's something about how you open. I pull with a spell so I tend to have to see what's up before I attack.

WA and Undead have tons of abilities players will never get already as mentioned before
    They miss a special ability called "brain", their AI is quite stupid, it's why they get additional skills.
    They get skills that get scripted to fire to somewhat mimick a decent attack, since there's no real intelligence they need to achieve their objectives by being less limited than us. I have yet to see DA KILLAH skill.
    I'd even find it fair if few of them had vengeance scales or boar masks (and the better loot the difficulty would suggest to put).
    Finally, even before trophies existed there were some bipeds with 180 levels. This means the game could get challenging but is not so difficult to prevent people from progressing, therefore it's fine.

It is a cheap, ridiculous tactic that nobody (mobs OR players) should be able to pull off
    If you remove on both, I am fine.

When you have a Boss that *requires* Perma-stunning him to win, then you have a boss that is overpowered and/or poorly designed.
    While I don't like such kind of tacticts they are widely used on multiple games. I still recall raiding T5-T6 encounters in WoW - many regular "thrash mobs" and even bosses (ie the multi-boss encounter before Illidan) would require interruption and / or stunning or would cast some mega-fanta fragging AoE spell that would nuke half the raid or would totally heal up.

There are 50+ mobs in any given Ogre, WA, or Undead Spawn
    Are you playing another Istaria? In mine, I find a tactic spot and pull what I want, usually getting 2-3 "adds" not 50, who cares if the total spawn is 50 or 500 mobs.

We could do the same. The problem is, WA and Undead mobs were required for quests (some of which were pretty darn important to a character's growth)
    That's fine. I did my RoP when it was hard and found it immensely rewarding, these kinds of "character destiny changing" quests are epic and shall trial the ability to deal with challenge or to find allies to help you.
    All I see are people playing Istaria like single player game, when so much of the content can be easily done in 3 (and some places with more).
    I don't recall doing same level WoW instances (yet some would be required to get skills like i.e. Druid Flight form) or even just outdoor quest bosses alone, I don't recall soloing anything in EvE that was made for multi-player, I don't recall soloing neither multi-player designed PvE nor PvP in WH Online.

I'd rather have DR and Mana/Energy/Whatever than to be lacking simple things like a Single Right Click to loot, or Cast Heal On Myself without deselecting mobs, etc yadda yadda.
    Years ago, David Bowman was to introduce Mana/Energy etc. and reduce timers. A complete revolution by players undid his plans. You are out of luck.

Also, you seem to mix intended gameplay challenges with client deficiencies and sort of demanding compensation (with easier gameplay) for the latter.
    It does not work like that. The pressure should be put for the client to be improved, not for the game to be nerfed.

Last I heard, the code exists in the game, and you can make a hotkey, but honestly, I ONLY have 10 hotkeys that I can access quickly by keyboard.

<snipped lots of /wristing>
    Hey I am trying giving advice with the current, realistic client and realistic un-existant financial means for Vi to change it.
    Feel free to ignore the advice and entertrain in asking things that we'd all love to have but have to deal with nasty reality.

Is there something stopping the devs from adding challenges to other places? Challenges that are NOT essential to a character's growth, challenges that are purely "For Fun" or maybe "Epic Gear"?
    Challenges for the majority of people are tied to rewards. Make a nice nasty area without essential or just useful things in it and none will go there.
    In fact one of the reasons of Blight 190 patch being so unpopular is satyr isles being made (less) challenging but useless.
    There has to be a drive for the challenge, doing difficulty for difficulty sake alone is just pointless.

Because Quest NPCs and Techniques keep asking me to kill the stupid WA mobs. Otherwise, I wouldn't touch the dumb things
    As Amon said me about a quest: "feel free not to do it". If he says so to me, I suppose he'd tell the same to you.
    The techs and comps? Buy them. There's a reason why you can pawn gems and other easy stuff.

----------------------

I'm curious how to get this off if you are stunned?
    This happens in other games as well, the trick is to pre-empt the stuns with HoTs. The HoT will partially counter the damage, when you unstun you use a cleanse spell.

Also, the spells unreliability is a feature not a bug. In some other games you can / must take special talents for avoiding spell casting pushback or even interruption (WoW being one example).
    Spells do have drawbacks, exactly like melee have theirs.

it's obvious you've never spent time at the old Outpost north of Harro (mobs there are sadly gone now), or fought any Cenotaph guardian mob
    Yeah I have dealt with Cenotaph and sometimes they make satyr mobs appear like a minor issue

Maybe by players who have multiple characters, etc. I think many "fresh t5s" you see nowdays are players who already have a couple 100+ rating characters
    I have years old (recently returned to the game) gear with no exotic new tech kit, ice / flame tech or anything (some gear still has tech III since techs V did not exist back in time) and only got this dragon as > 30 level character. And I have not done the "new" > level 70 dragon skill quests yet. Stop finding excuses.

That's because 180s was better than fighting the stupid things in the first place. But hey, if we happen to see one for 90s, we'll take that gladly. But still, 90s still seems a bit steep for *one* tech comp IMO.
    Without any resist gear, I have done 800s in one evening by killing wolves and some golems for a quest and then selling the trophies. I, a puny dragon. Can't be *that* impossible to spit 90s for people who happily go risk at satyrs.
    It's the best of the best tech for the best gear, having to pay for it means you feel you achieved something.

2). Farm the silver. If you're Fresh-T5, with no other characters leveled up, this is going to take you forever and a day.
    1) Build some walls of a plot. T1 skill required, nothing impossible with few days of training. Get hundreds of silvers a day.
    2) Sell trophies, T4 sell for good, easy T5 mobs ones sell even for better. Sell on MARKETPLACE or CONSIGNER not to pawn. Pretend this is a multiplayer game.

Either way, a full set of T5 tech'd gear is going to take quite awhile to get
    Which, considering it's one of the few things left to do once at end game, it's a good thing to take a long time.

I'm not really one to go out and make friends of complete strangers; if I get a friend, they usually approach Me first
    Then please considering putting people in the position to want to approach you. Asking for their gameplay to be ruined is not a friends chatcher.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

You can tech to prevent stun? How? Is this a biped only tech or something? Is there an ability that prevents stuns? Granted, I haven't seen all the new stuff yet, so it's possible there are some preventive things for stuns.
    Energy and Blight Ward techs, looking at the combat log for dangerous stuff (you should do that, since they will use foresight to eat good attacks and similar already).
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

Quote Originally Posted by Teto Frum View Post
    ...if stuns are your biggest weakness, tech your stuff to prevent stunning, not offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    This is all I wanted. There are not many ways to counter a stun. You can tech to prevent stun? How? Is this a biped only tech or something? Is there an ability that prevents stuns? Granted, I haven't seen all the new stuff yet, so it's possible there are some preventive things for stuns.
    I am curious, too!

Where/what is this anti-stun tech? Or, at least a combination that minimizes its effects?
    Last edited by Veruliyam; October 30th, 2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Why, editing, of course. To make it sound more like the Manglish I know!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Energy and Blight Ward techs, looking at the combat log for dangerous stuff (you should do that, since they will use foresight to eat good attacks and similar already).
    Ah, yes. I remember hunting for mummy scarabs in the Trandalar Deadlands.

I changed my tactics often and concentrated on those naughty gnomes who flung energy attacks. They stun.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Most of the mob stuns come in on an accompanying on a damage type. When fighting Ogres for example ogre cry is a mind attack, so load up your slots with mind resist and ward xtals, also eat one before combat they stack, special armour sets can be teched with resistances to the damage type of the stun, stuns that come from blows, use resistance type for blow type, use a dex xtal in slots to help evade actual attack hitting, train points shifted into magic evasion helps avoid casted stuns. There is no "cant get stunned tech", but there are plenty of combinations available to reduce your odds of getting stunned in Istaria.

Default Challenge Vs. Cheapness Demo

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post

1) I find it's really cool that few games (Istaria is not the only one) where players are faced to fight the very same mechanisms and tactics that they may throw at the mobs.

2) If they remove mobs stuns then they shall remove player stuns as well. If they remove mobs AoE crowd control, they shall also remove players AoE crowd control.

3) See healers? They add depth to an otherwise single sided fight where you press multistrike / gold rage and mobs die. Now you have to deal with additional challenges including prioritizing targets. What's bad in that?
    There's plenty of golems for those who don't want to bother with variety and challenges. But leave the players who love the challenges have them.

4) EvE Online player reporting in. You cannot have a worse UI (actually, I was also a Darkfall Online player, double nasty, nonstandard UI survivor!).

5) That would be cool, in the mean time I press F1 (select self) and then heal up, then TAB (for me it's select nearest enemy, usually the one that was beating on me of the bunch). It works well enough.

6) 1) Make a select nearest corpse + loot macro. Takes a full 20 seconds.
    2) While fighting, when the mob is almost dead, do a step backwards.
    3) Press 1) and enjoy always correct, immediate corpse looting.

7) To counter balance that, we can tech almost everything with cleanse and undo zillions of mobs abilities at an instant.
    1) I also rather like that about Istaria however in some cases (Primalist Dragon Enemies) the Enemy puts out insanely pathetic Damage compared to what they SHOULD be hitting you with using those attacks.

2) Istaria hardly has "Crowd Control" at all. There is very few skills that hold a Mob's attention and practically no way to ensure that it is directed to Tanks. Chain Stunning to death is not a valid tactic on either side. Being able to do it to the enemy makes the enemy boring as they never get to do anything at all you may as well be collecting resources and having them do it to you is pathetic. Why not just unplug your mouse and keyboard for awhile? Same effect is it not?

3) The Mobs using strategy is AWESOME. I wish INSTEAD of using Cheap Tricks they would FOCUS on Strategy. So that groups of Aegis may COME with a Healer very often, and a Druid for their own CoT, and a main Melee Tank, and a Ranged Puller etc. Yes, let them act as a real Army or Unit. That makes SENSE and would make it all the more rewarding having defeated their strategy with your own.

4) I have played EVE and not counting Lag at times I never had any trouble with the UI. Not sure if you configured it poorly or what... What is so hard about F1, F2, F3, F4 etc?

5) You have great luck then because when I select the nearest enemy if there is a group I almost NEVER get the one I was just damaging and if the group is all the same in appearance (which besides the WA is usually the case) then there is no real indicator as to who I was just hitting and they may well have moved about.

6) Works great... Until you kill more than One at a time or if you are currently Rooted and cannot step back.

7) I will gladly take Video of you Purifying your Stuns... Ye-ah... Kind of hard to cast something when you are stunned... Oops.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Just Cheapness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    1) Maybe by players who have multiple characters, etc. I think many "fresh t5s" you see nowdays are players who already have a couple 100+ rating characters, they just simply don't feel like hunting vexes, or they are like Me and Shian, and absolutely detest fighting the UI when trying to hunt for stuff like this.

2) I'm exaggerating how bad the stuns are? Okay, there was this time I was in the WD... yes, the WD. Not the ED, not Satyr, but the WD. I was *trying* to get bone splinters for those breath quests. Of course, there's more stupid ghosts, zombies, and other undead and only a skeleton or two here-and-there, but on one near-death, I got stunned 5 times in a row. In the span of about 15 seconds, I was able to take exactly 2 steps. I kept spamming the Sprint key and by the time I was finally able to hit it and get the *beep* out of there, I had like 200HP left.. barely enough time to land up on a hillside and pop an Instant Heal before I died from having like 5 DoTs on me.

When I landed there were only 2 skeletons. The other 10 or so mobs popped in the time it took me to gold rage one (killing it outright), loot it, and then Tail whip the 2nd, Silver Strike, Ravage it was dead. By the time I had looted it, there were 10 mobs attacking me. This is a common occurrence for me; I'll hover around an area for 5 minutes+ but yet I only see 1-2 mobs.... UNLESS I dare go down and fight one. THEN the rest pop.

3) Well, obviously the devs think differently. The only thing I was asking for a nerf on, is the stuns. And maybe have mobs actually pop predictably, so that they don't just appear out of thin air while you're in combat or something. *shrugs*
    1) Maybe they made their cash back when the Trophy quests gave out a nice sum... Say bye-bye to that source of income.

2) Just as a lovely example of the same... When Zarla went for her breaths she went with her Sister Tsume as always... I pulled just ONE skeleton who was a Sorc and it hit Zarla with ONE stun that lasted over 50 Seconds... That was quite a bit excessive if you ask me. Tsume got its attention and got knocked to about Half Life fighting it while being able to heal herself and we killed it without dying but had I been alone or had it come with many friends that would have easily been deadly for me/us and there was NOTHING I could have done about it.

You cannot say I was very stupid in my fighting of it because I pulled it ALL ALONE to a safe spot. Despite that I could not have killed it One on One. If you want to say "Obviously you never pull that type of Mob because you know they can Stun you like that idiot!" then I just reiterate that them being able to stun you like that is the PROBLEM.

I also love how I manage to escape combat without any DoT's only to die from hits I am still supposedly taking because the game has yet to decide I actually left due to lag or something. That is the cause of most of the few deaths I have ever had... I get away with clearly enough HP to survive even a good DoT and totally clear the area (even Recalling some times) and still die from hits from Mobs no longer on-screen... Hard to plan a good exit time when you have no idea how many hits have yet to register.

3) Sadly, I believe the Devs have explained, that while that would be a very good thing to change, that changing that would require essentially remaking the game from the ground up and is pretty much impossible at the moment. So we have to deal with unspawned Mobs like it or not...

Angry Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Having to rely on others' generosity is not something that I am accustomed to doing. I'm still trying to get used to it, and I still can't help my instincts of trying to do everything myself, first. I'm not really one to go out and make friends of complete strangers; if I get a friend, they usually approach Me first. It isn't that I don't like receiving help or making friends, it is more I feel helpless (or, with friends, I just... I dunno, I'm not a people person?) when I try, try, and fail and it becomes clear that outside help is required. It is a kind of "I should have been able to do that myself..." thing. I hate feeling helpless in a game. I hate feeling like I have to either beg, or pray that someone with a huge amount of generosity comes along to help me out of this insurmountable hole I find myself in from time-to-time.
    I not only often feel similarly but I look at it from the perspective of trying to see how the game plays for a total Newb. They will NOT have friends right from the get-go. They will NOT be able to rely on older players making them stuff or handing them money. So what can they do for themselves? How would they struggle on? Is it even reasonable?

I hate the fact that there are Dragon Techs for Tiers I-III that can only be MADE by a Tier IV Dragon... What is the point of that? How could a new player be expected to ever USE them on their Dragon when they cannot even MAKE them at that level? Why bother having them even exist for the lower Tiers that cannot make them? Why not make them available to be crafted in Beginner on up like everything else?

I, likewise, HATE begging the older players to come "Squish" something FOR me when I know I have NOTHING to offer them in return and that I cannot contribute to the fight at all. (Which is why I generally never do it) Seems how there is next to no one my level around it is hard to do anything when asking for a Group EXCEPT get some Uber player who just comes in an does all the work for me... NOT what I want. If I could group with more my level range and fight things out that would be AWESOME... but besides my Mate there is rarely anyone around for that.

I also REFUSE to beg older players to make me stuff. Why should they? Why should they MAKE things for someone who cannot pay them anything worthwhile? Why should they be so generous? You cannot assume that they will do that stuff just because they can so you should be more self-sufficient.

Likewise, I do NOT take Coin handouts from Older Players. Yeah, it would make my time in Istaria a LOT easier but... Why should they just GIVE me Coin? Again, how would some new player who does not have any connections get so lucky? It is not how the game is really played so I do not want to start acquiring such bad habits.

However, when I can see that the cost of Forms & Such Vs. the Earning Potential at your level is heavily weighted on the Cost of Forms & Such side... That is rather disheartening and frustrating.

I would also say that the game takes its biggest fall for me at Tier IV. It is constantly frustrating that you always NEED to be such a higher level Crafter than your Adv School to properly OUTFIT your Adv School be you Biped or Dragon but finally at IV it gets worse. Now you cannot even BUY the Techs you NEED to be a better Adv for Spells, Armor, and Weapons... You have to Magically FIND them from various Mobs... Considering how many of them there are and the drop rate that is a serious game of Gambling and more than a little Unreliable.

It is also harder to actually GET those Techs through the Enemy Roulette when you are still using Spells, Weapons, and Armor with Tier III Techs... Not impossible but harder... So you combine the need for annoying to get Comps (I mostly am annoyed by Comps via their rarity to Drop in many cases or the unavailable nature of the Dropping Mob rather than difficulty fighting the Mobs in my case.) WITH the need to Gamble to even get the TECH you want to use the Comp WITH... More than a little aggravating...

It is fine that there are some Forms you need to hunt for like Superior Spells & Weapons and this can make them decent resale items. It is fine if there were special very good Techs you had to hunt for like the "Bounties" as an example. However, basic items or Techs should not be so hard to come by.

Default Re: Me Too

1) I also rather like that about Istaria however in some cases (Primalist Dragon Enemies) the Enemy puts out insanely pathetic Damage compared to what they SHOULD be hitting you with using those attacks.
    Those are possibly release time-never solved issues.
    Years ago, I spent many nights in IRC harassing David Bowman and his programmers to fix spells that were implemented forgetting skill modifiers and similar.
    Now, I did not pay the same attention to mobs, since I was preoccupied about our heal or even Gold Rage using zero (!) as modifier (instead of the relevant stats).
    If you found out mobs incorrectly applying skills you should open a ticket - IRC is a closed thing now AFAIK.

2) Istaria hardly has "Crowd Control" at all
    This is an opinion of yours, which I don't share.

3) The Mobs using strategy is AWESOME. I wish INSTEAD of using Cheap Tricks they would FOCUS on Strategy
    Yet just look at this same forum or general forum in these very days to see people whining because mobs DARE to be manually spawned to entertrain us, because anchors MIGHT interfere with the boring routine of some pure crafters and so on.

Imagine if we EVER get Darkfall Online alike mobs, who would use terrain advantage, gang up, feign and flank - many vs one player and with non joke killing skills and so on.

The outcry would explode the skies.

What disgusts me about Istaria is that it was meant to be a battle vs the evil for the live races very survival and the years of carebearing domination, made Istaria a place where the most "danger" is being attacked by some pointless spider.
    If someone wants some more challenge or rewards, both get drown in crying to NERF difficulty NERF satyrs, NERF components to easy mode, NERF old drops NERF old techs.

Result: empty game.

4) I have played EVE and not counting Lag at times I never had any trouble with the UI. Not sure if you configured it poorly or what... What is so hard about F1, F2, F3, F4 etc?
    I suppose you never did anything but L4 farming or AFK mining? Just try market for some days and enjoy having the "cancel order" (with no confirmation of course) right next to the most used options, enjoy having to mash directional scan every 5 seconds for hours once you leave high sec. Enjoy the scanning interface that after 1 hour leaks memory and slows down. Enjoy T2 invention where any non-minimal production involves hundreds and hundreds of clicking the same handful of button.
    Enjoy the awful POS permission system (half working of course, have the options to give permissions that won't work etc), enjoy having to restart the client to fix meta items not being recognized in invention "just because". Enjoy having to disable brackets or have the UI lag get you killed.
    Want me to continue? I can go on for hours.

5) You have great luck then because when I select the nearest enemy if there is a group I almost NEVER get the one I was just damaging and if the group is all the same in appearance (which besides the WA is usually the case) then there is no real indicator as to who I was just hitting and they may well have moved about.
    If it's not the WA where's the problem? If it's just the usual golems / spiders / wolves you just AoE all of them to death or mash the select nearest enemy till the right one highlights.

6) Works great... Until you kill more than One at a time or if you are currently Rooted and cannot step back
    Yeah and you don't remove these roots because...

Default Re: Me Too

If it's not the WA where's the problem? If it's just the usual golems / spiders / wolves you just AoE all of them to death or mash the select nearest enemy till the right one highlights.
    Isn't the thread titled "Who Hunts the WA"?

Everything here assumes we are talking about Undead and WA.

Yes, I NEED to kill that *beeeep*ing Cleric/Spiritualist/Healer/Whatever, FIRST. And NO, I don't have time to spam "Select Nearest Enemy" after every heal I cast and PRAY I get the right mob before it heals back all the damage I did to it, WHILE I have other mobs beating on me too.

Yeah and you don't remove these roots because..
    ...Because Cleansing III (the tech) isn't 100%. It is what, 35% if I recall? Something like that? One-in-three spells I cast might do the trick.

Even if I were a biped, there's a casted Cleanse. Even that isn't guaranteed to work. Okay, I get rooted, and I've got several mobs beside me, that Healing mob MUST die NOW, and I try a Cleanse, or Heal, or whatever.... oh great, it didn't remove the Roots. OR, It removed something Else. Either way, I'm still rooted and I still can't get the stupid healer targeted.

This wouldn't have been an issue if I could have kept my target selected the whole time......

Tried to get out to the WD to do my fallen warrior quest today.

Couldn't even get up the ridge (attempted 3 times) because the same group of mobs chain stunned me three consecutive times (can't get a heal off after one fizzles before the next one gets planted on me) What's even funnier is the creatures that MISS and still I am stunned and can't even get a single spell off while I watch my character get beaten to death.

[10/31/10 22:53:59] You used Sprint.
    [10/31/10 22:54:03] Wraith Overlord missed you with Paralyzing Gaze III.
    [10/31/10 22:54:48] Wraith Overlord missed you with Paralyzing Gaze III.
    [10/31/10 22:55:05] Elite Elf Skeleton missed you with Paralyzing Gaze III.
    [10/31/10 22:55:08] You cannot currently move, because you are overburdened or rooted.

[10/31/10 22:55:08] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 24 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:08] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 26 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:08] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 37 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:08] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 30 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:09] Elite Elf Skeleton used Lightning Stun on you.
    [10/31/10 22:55:09] Elite Elf Skeleton used Lightning Stun on you.
    [10/31/10 22:55:12] Elite Elf Skeleton used Lightning Stun on you.
    [10/31/10 22:55:12] Elite Elf Skeleton used Lightning Stun on you.
    [10/31/10 22:55:12] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 50 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:12] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 41 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:12] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 4 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:12] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 29 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:13] You cannot currently move, because you are overburdened or rooted.
    [10/31/10 22:55:13] Abomination of Anguish hit you with Diminishing Return IV for 137 slash damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:15] Elite Elf Skeleton used Lightning Stun on you.
    [10/31/10 22:55:15] Elite Elf Skeleton used Lightning Stun on you.
    [10/31/10 22:55:15] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 4 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:15] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 3 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:15] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 49 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:15] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 7 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:15] Abomination of Grief hit you with Seeping Blight XI for 108 blight damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:15] Abomination of Grief hit you with Seeping Blight XI for 183 slash damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:17] You began casting Soothing Quick Quickening Breeze V of Purifying.
    [10/31/10 22:55:17] Abomination of Anguish hit you with Abominate for 313 slash damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:18] Elite Elf Skeleton used Lightning Stun on you.
    [10/31/10 22:55:18] Abomination of Grief hit you with Whirlwind Attack for 219 slash damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:18] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 7 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:18] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 5 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:18] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 36 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:18] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 22 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:18] You cannot currently move, because you are overburdened or rooted.
    [10/31/10 22:55:19] Abomination of Anguish hit you with Whirlwind Attack for 192 slash damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:20] Abomination of Grief hit you with Seeping Blight XI for 107 blight damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 33 nature damage.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] You have been killed.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Enhance Armor V has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Enhance Health V has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] True Grit V has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Determination V has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Promote Vitality V has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Rift Distortion has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Primal Attack V has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Death Penalty has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Gift of Health V has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Gift of Armor V has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Gift of Alacrity V has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Gift of Strength V has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Gift of Power V has faded.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] You now have 3 Death Points.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Next Death Point will fade in 22 hours 22 minutes.
    [10/31/10 22:55:21] Abomination of Grief hit you with Abominate for 394 slash damage.

Resistance scales? (Slash and blight) Not all that useful. Yes, they miss, but it does nothing to prevent the stun. Can I use my abilities with no cooldowns? 'Cause looks like the WA just gets to spam their abilities every 2-4 seconds.
    Last edited by Shian; November 1st, 2010 at 03:25 AM.

Looks like you got hit by a Elf with a bow, using Ranged Flurry ability and Lightning Arrows.

Nothing out of the ordinary there, and the WA are certainly not spamming their abilities.
    It's very effective (obviously because you died) and available to most bow wielding players as well, not just the WA.

Ranged Flurry lasts a minute giving 3 extra attacks, Lightning Arrows lasts two hours on my ELAR gives a chance to stun on each hit. Nice combination, and an absolute PITA when you're on the receiving end of it.

Mezz/root/debuff/stun then attack. Pretty standard stuff.

Pick yourself up and try again. Change your approach so you don't get an Abom and a Skeleton attacking you at the same time.

Isn't the thread titled "Who Hunts the WA"?
    My "no WA" reply was to your own

You have great luck then because when I select the nearest enemy if there is a group I almost NEVER get the one I was just damaging and if the group is all the same in appearance (which besides the WA is usually the case)

So please talk in topic and you'll have in topic replies

And NO, I don't have time to spam "Select Nearest Enemy" after every heal I cast and PRAY I get the right mob before it heals back all the damage I did to it, WHILE I have other mobs beating on me too
    I don't know what to say, you look undergeared or something.
    Back in time I teched my first T5 gear with techs III to get an edge, are you figthing WA with unteched gear?
    They are meant to be the hardest stuff, so if you go in unprepared...

Tried to get out to the WD to do my fallen warrior quest today.

Couldn't even get up the ridge (attempted 3 times)
    There's something odd in that combat log, if those are bugs they need to be fixed. Have you filed a ticket?
    Plus, is it absolutely necessary to pull such 3 mobs? Because if I did, I'd run in a flash. Archers = frequent stuns and the then the other 2 adds become nasty.

Resistance scales? (Slash and blight) Not all that useful.
    They are not meant to be useful at all. Wards are the avoidance techs afaik, resists "just" reduce the damage you take once you are hit.

'Cause looks like the WA just gets to spam their abilities every 2-4 seconds
    [10/31/10 22:54:03] Wraith Overlord missed you with Paralyzing Gaze III.
    [10/31/10 22:54:48] Wraith Overlord missed you with Paralyzing Gaze III

Delta = 45 seconds.

[10/31/10 22:55:05] Elite Elf Skeleton missed you with Paralyzing Gaze III.

Delta = till you died.

What I may imagine is this: you or the game are not showing all of the combat log.

There still ARE mob skills or spells that have no name, I experienced them in the starter islands few days ago. IE "Risen blah blah uses .".
    In this case, a third mob could have rooted you first, if I designed the game at this point you'd have the following combat log:

[10/31/10 22:53:59] You used Sprint.
    [10/31/10 22:54:03] Wraith Overlord missed you with Paralyzing Gaze III because you were already overburdened or rooted.
    [10/31/10 22:54:48] Wraith Overlord missed you with Paralyzing Gaze III because you were already overburdened or rooted.
    [10/31/10 22:55:05] Elite Elf Skeleton missed you with Paralyzing Gaze III because you were already overburdened or rooted.
    [10/31/10 22:55:08] You cannot currently move, because you are overburdened or rooted.
    [10/31/10 22:55:08] Elite Elf Skeleton hit you for 24 nature damage.

But that's just how I'd do it.
    Furthermore of those 45 seconds, 30 would be of root, 15 of further cooldown so you'd have 15 seconds to run, having multiple mobs casting the same root would only result in them semaphore-locking their multiple casts into one.

There's only Amon who could tell you what happens for real there.

You have great luck then because when I select the nearest enemy if there is a group I almost NEVER get the one I was just damaging and if the group is all the same in appearance (which besides the WA is usually the case)
    Except I wasn't the one who said that.....

Though, even if I did... not everyone can just mindlessly AoE everything to death, and take several mobs pounding on them at once, esp. if they are fighting them for XP. Not everyone is a multi-classed biped. Some Bipeds rely on slowly wearing things down while keeping themselves healed (like Clerics).

Not spending 5-10 seconds after each heal to get the mob they already have half dead when they all look identical would help a bunch. I can relate; I've had this happen to me before several times. I didn't *die*, but it sure would have been a heck of a lot easier if we could just cast heals on ourselves without losing our target. The coding already exists for casting spells on self if you have a hostile mob targeted (with self-only spells, but still). Could it be really that hard to add a "If current target is invalid, cast on yourself instead" on all Buffs, Gifts, and Heals?

... not everyone can just mindlessly AoE everything to death, and take several mobs pounding on them at once, esp. if they are fighting them for XP. Not everyone is a multi-classed biped. Some Bipeds rely on slowly wearing things down while keeping themselves healed (like Clerics).
    Well that's the choice you made. Not every class is the perfect fit for every mob, nor should it be.

Try Scout if you want the fun of earning lots of experience as a single classed biped wearing useless armor and hunting groups of mobs above your level/rating. Healing? Who needs it, just keep out of reach and don't get hit.

Mage is another one that as a single class, can wipe out groups of mobs easily. Although there's always the cooldown timer on Multicast, Burnout etc abilities, which makes for boring interludes between the frying of mobs.

Too many folks think hunting is just standing still and trying to tank everything. Get mobile.

Could it be really that hard to add a "If current target is invalid, cast on yourself instead" on all Buffs, Gifts, and Heals?
    No idea. But it's worthy of making a suggestion in the appropriate non-ranty section of the boards to see what the Devs might think.

Shian I'm not sure I'd say the teched scales didn't help at all, the blight resistance picked off three incoming stuns, the slash damage out of the ab seems low so I'd say the slash worked too. The problem being that lightening stun comes in on pierce damage, maybe if the armour was teched pierce rest and blight resist things mightve been different, cant say for sure, but I think your example backs up that resistances and wards teched and on xtals will help.

But obviously you can't be prepared for all damage types at once, then comes in the strategy of mob control, what your fighting, how much off it your fighting at once, if five things are on the path, from experience I doubt they are all linked on pull, figure out what isn't linked, pull it aside and kill it without the others. The same way your toon has strengths against certain mobs, certain mobs have strengths against certain toons builds, being the WA and the Gifted share abilities that is too be expected. There are certain WA I try and avoid like the plaque, only under ideal circumstances can I solo an oracle or a strider...knowing this has kept me alive more than being able to kill the stuff I can.

Little update about stuns: Amon today (in game) confirmed that a second stun cast after a first of same grade (like in the log above) will fail and not add or prolong the former. The additional other effects in the same spell, if any, will still apply instead.

I may need to find a biped then that can show me a different way up to the Fallen Warriors. Can you climb up the mountain and drop down in or something?

Too many folks think hunting is just standing still and trying to tank everything. Get mobile.
    Playing on my caster, there are few spells I can cast while running.

Plus, is it absolutely necessary to pull such 3 mobs? Because if I did, I'd run in a flash. Archers = frequent stuns and the then the other 2 adds become nasty.
    I didn't pull them. I was running up to get to the fallen warriors and got aggro.

not sure if we talk about the same mobs: Fallen warriors - Reklar`s area?

If yes- go to the safe place where we hunt for the shards. There you can pull them one by one- and one- strike them. Or- if more than one- just flameburst them. Even if you are stunned- they will be gone as soon as you are free for a sec^^.

But btw- not sure if all know: Sorcerers lvl 84 are the only ones who can debuff a stunn (it even works with Daknor`s bloodcry).
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I'm glad this is in rants, the biggest bunch of whining I have ever seen...

"New players can't stand a chance hunting for thier t5 gear at <omgitstootoughspot>!"

Who says you have to start with t5 techs? Make your first set with t3 or t4 techs. Easier to obtain, cheaper to buy. Then that new player CAN begin hunting for his own comps. And it something is still too tough, get help. Group up. Who knows, you might actually have fun.

Not even going to respond to anything else.

Thread Information