Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to Train Your Dragon

Default Re: How to Train Your Dragon

httyd in my opinion was the best 3d movie i have seen so far.

Solitaire~
    I regret now that I was too self conscious to be a lone adult going to watch a kid's movie.

i have a niece i can take as my reason to going to kids movie im interested in

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Maybe I'm just good at imagination, but I never had... trouble... adding "depth" to a "flat" screen... but maybe someday I'll try it. I dunno. I just don't really "get" what peeps speak so highly of.. lol. That or I'm just used to a standard screen.
    It is actually a very interesting and immersive experience watching a well crafted 3D movie despite some short comings the format has. It is a storytelling tool that can be used correctly or totally abused. Conversions of a 2D movie generally suck. But when great attention is paid to the details and getting it right as they did with Avatar then I think it is well worth the price of admission. When one of the better movies comes out during the holiday season, give it a try. Or stop into your local electronics store. I bet they will soon have Avatar running in 3D as a demo since the "extended" extended cut is being released this month. (Longer than the re-release I think.)

I appreciate 3D in the theaters and think that it is going to stick around and become very common. Exhibitors need something to keep drawing people in to buy outrageously priced junk food and 3D is the only "new" thing to come around since digital sound. I don't call digital projection a great leap because unless you bring it to their attention 95% of people will never realize they are watching a digital picture.

Don't know what it is going to do in the home. They are pushing it but I don't think the home technology is very mature yet. It has issues and the heavy push can only hurt the format in the long run.

I would say the most noticeable thing of when I watched Avatar in '3D' vs when I watched it '2D' is that you get a great sense of scale. Like early in the movie with that massive digger in the background, with the depth given from the 3D format, it looked truly massive. It didn't have quite as much of an impact in its 2D format.

For those who wait for HTTYD 2, this will help you before it is released:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=heCl-Tbqhus

gaaahah!!!!!! that was amazing!

Generally I'm grumpy enough at this time of year to make Scrooge envious but that really gave me a smile. The exploding "gifts" were really funny. Thanks for posting the link.

That was great! Uhh.... there's some things that should not be animated quite so skillfully. I cringed at watching her pour her drink.

ohh thank you Lung

what a gift on a cold and dark December morning *hugs*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I liked this short movie too, funny and cute moments. This is giving me hope for HTTYD 2.

i didnt even know httyd was going to make a second. i hope its good

Thread Information