Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look, a newb.

Default Look, a newb.

I'm always apprehensive about joining a new forum, especially when I see that there are a lot of members that have been here far longer than myself. Feels like I'm muscling in on long-owned territory or something. If I'm gonna be here though, I guess I should at least let you know I'm here, even if I'm not so welcome.

So... yeah. I'm a newb to this forum, as well as the game. Heard about it from a pseudo-friend, so thought I'd give it a shot. Already played through the trial and now I've subbed for one month. Just thought that, since I've officially put money into this thing, I may as well go for the full package and join up to the forums as well, even if I'm not too active. Which I probably won't be. I mean, I'll probably do stuff, but not often. And what that I do do will just be small stuff. I'm quiet and not very talented, so no need to expect much. Just a head's up.

Anyway, so... yeah, hi.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

Default Re: Look, a newb.

If your on Chaos Seek the one Named EPION and he shale be your guide if you wish it
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

*serves Armameteus a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

welcome! dont be silly one thing i hope you see is how wonderful the istarian community is if you are on Chaos i hope to see you around

~Agua

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

most welcome home, arma!!

and you are muscling in on old, frequently trodden ground. the game has been around a long time (in game years, anyway) and some of us have been here from the beginning. a lot of us have lived thru 3 or 4 (maybe more, i never remember if the evil owners changed their name in the middle of the time of trouble or if they bought it from the previous equally crappy evil milkers of cash cows...)
    so rather than say you will be intruding, i want to ask you to bare with us elders. we have been talking to each other for sooooo long, we sometimes use shorthand or 'inside' chat that newbies will not know. we can seem short and abrupt, especially with questions/suggestions we have hashed over upteen times. we do this unconsciously and do not mean to give slight or imply impatience. we are simply old and sometimes forget that there is new in our beloved world.
    but the best thing about this game is the community. ask any question about anything, ask for help, ask silly things, we will answer it all. sometimes, the answers will not be quite so helpful (there is a reason i call myself the eternal noob), but you will get set on the right path, at least.

for the newbs, i personally simply ask that you do a search before posting anything you don't know for absolute sure hasn't been posted before. as i say, we have had many moons to find and think of things, and chances are extremely high that someone sometime has posted something about it. and of course, respect other players, the game, and the rules of the different shards.
    i also suggest that you read the games forums, going back at least 6 months. the beloved savior gods we are blessed with now have made many much needed (but not always welcomed, to be sure) changes.

anyway, i am sorry i wrote this novel, but i hope it doesn't bring you any anxiety. we are generally a good and decent lot, with a lot of quirks that are fascinating to watch unfold. all that i really wanted to say is welcome home, and we are pleased to take you into our bosom and make you family!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Armameteus View Post
    I'm always apprehensive about joining a new forum, especially when I see that there are a lot of members that have been here far longer than myself. Feels like I'm muscling in on long-owned territory or something. If I'm gonna be here though, I guess I should at least let you know I'm here, even if I'm not so welcome.
    I know what you are talking about, when someone new joins a forum he's usually greeted by a couple of flames, slandering, resident trolls make sure you feel like stink...

...but both this game and its forum are relatively garbage free and the player base are often people above 25.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Welcome Armameteus

And actually, a few years ago a developer said that the average age of player of Istaria was 34... Not 12 like some other games

Welcome to Chaos and Istaria Gael, we may not be that numerous but it's one of the nicest player communities I've come across so nothing to worry about there. ,-)
    Daunilie Seraphim, Reaver, builder and slightly obsessed crafter of Semper Fidelis, Chaos.
    Sabbathiel, Daunies unfortunate and mistreated hatchling slave.
    Jillian Grey, Dryad Battlemage formerly of the Grey Company, Unity.

Welcome to the game, and I echo what all the others have said. Istaria is more like a big family than a game, and is usually rather friendly. I hope you enjoy your time here.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Thanks for the warm reception, everybody. Usually when I join a new forum, I'm used to ridicule and hatred from veterans who think they're "better" then the newbies simply because I'm a newbie. Glad to see that it isn't so much the case here.

We like newbies here. They give us new minds to corru... er... teach and guide.

All new players are welcome and us ancient players gladly make room for some new blood.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka View Post
    We like newbies here. They give us new minds to corru... er... teach and guide.
    Oh, you and your silly jokes. XD

...You were joking? ...Right? O.o

Oh he's not joking... No sir, not in the least. *grins*
    Daunilie Seraphim, Reaver, builder and slightly obsessed crafter of Semper Fidelis, Chaos.
    Sabbathiel, Daunies unfortunate and mistreated hatchling slave.
    Jillian Grey, Dryad Battlemage formerly of the Grey Company, Unity.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    Oh he's not joking... No sir, not in the least. *grins*
    ...I'm scared. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Armameteus View Post
    ...I'm scared. ._.
    She was joking.... mostly anyway. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nayuaka View Post
    She was joking.... mostly anyway. :P
    Now I'm even more firghtened.
    *scampers away and hides in the corner, whimpering pathetically*

Aww *hugs* you know I'd never hurt you ya silly hatchie. :P

Not physically, but corruption can also affect the mind.

I dun wanna get brainwashed. T_T

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

heehee too late, we got you now!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information