Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: in-game boredom

Default in-game boredom

seriously bored here. level 100 Ancient adv. on Order, widely considered one of the elders of the shard. bored as hell. there is seriously nothing to do... shaloth? nobody logs in enough to do that...too hard anyway. the other elite bosses? overdone...

we seriously need some random stuff happening, like the blight anchors. i aint a crafter, i'm a 'don't fight me unless you -know- you can beat me' straight up PVP player. i crave Player VS Player, or to a lesser extent PVE with a group...but noone does that anymore on order. i don't want to login just to laircraft. snorefest. please impliment random stuff...

Default Re: in-game boredom

I bout in the same boat you are:P ill take ya on anytime and el hunt anything ya wanna hunt shoot me a tell sometime
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

That's one of the main reasons I migrated to Chaos and not to Order back when Unity got shut down. I knew a game to be fun has to break a critical mass and Order just won't do it any more.

You can take Vi's own advice of going playing something else (!) or you could
    try rolling a new hatchie on Chaos and both get something to do and you'll find people to do stuff with.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    seriously bored here. level 100 Ancient adv. on Order, widely considered one of the elders of the shard. bored as hell. there is seriously nothing to do... shaloth? nobody logs in enough to do that...too hard anyway. the other elite bosses? overdone...

we seriously need some random stuff happening, like the blight anchors. i aint a crafter, i'm a 'don't fight me unless you -know- you can beat me' straight up PVP player. i crave Player VS Player, or to a lesser extent PVE with a group...but noone does that anymore on order. i don't want to login just to laircraft. snorefest. please impliment random stuff...
    Kind of odd to hear of a PvP player in Istaria. Sounds like EVE would be more appealing to you to be very honest.

I doubt I could really suggest much to help you outside of that because I do not really fall into the same mind set.

I for one love seeing how all the variables of classes, skills, and abilities come together and what strategies they can form in which case Dragons are BORING compared to Peds by miles and miles.

If you were more my style I would say roll some Peds and see what you can do but I am guessing that is not your forte.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Hey understand your pain (at least the boredom part..). I find taking breaks from the game for months on end (though I'm able to continue playing) sometimes helps with me feeling fresh for logging in and crafting SOME MORE. (Adventuring pisses me off too fast usually...).

You perhaps could try seting back up the "PVP Arena" nights we had on Order - I know those were pretty regular weekly/biweekly for awhile. Perhaps you could get that going again for some PVP action.

Me personally I never have just one MMO going because you WILL burnout on any ONE game eventually, for something or the other. Sometimes forcing yourself to limit your activity until you work past it can really help for the long run (I.e. I will only log in once a week before I quit altogether..).

Nothing worse for boredom or that feeling of burnout than logging in every night and staring at the screen for 15 minutes before logging off again. That leads to just outright "going and never looking back." For me if I start feeling like that, I force a break and go do other things for at least a few weeks.

Istaria's going on I think its proly 5th month vacation since the last I logged in...I'm almost back though. Perhaps during holidays when I have some time..lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    That's one of the main reasons I migrated to Chaos and not to Order back when Unity got shut down. I knew a game to be fun has to break a critical mass and Order just won't do it any more.

You can take Vi's own advice of going playing something else (!) or you could
    try rolling a new hatchie on Chaos and both get something to do and you'll find people to do stuff with.
    i tried that, but people acted like a complete **** to me, and i went back to Order, where people are friendlier.

That, and Order is an RP shard...

Now, granted, I never had much luck in my attempts at RP (what I post usually got ignored, 'cept for 1 or 2 lucky nights out of like 10 attempts), but still... I like the option to be there.

That, and Order is the shard my GF started on. I can't very well just leave there, even though she doesn't really play anymore. Meh. Maybe I could try looking into Chaos. As for the people acting like jerks, well. I also play WoW, so err. Comes with the territory I guess. I dunno. But that means starting from scratch again, and it takes soooooo long to get your first character past T1...

I started playing a long time ago back on Wind server which was then merged into Unity. After being lvl 100/100 for a long time the only real challenge I had was my lair and ARoP which both were bugged. Because of that I quit playing until it was possible to transfer to Chaos were I was able to restart ARoP and get a new lair and it all works. Right now I have finished ARoP, continuo building my lair (which is hard when missing 3 formula’s and I like doing some Delgerath quests from time to time (only 1 week ago finished Drulkar’s Wrath quest).

As for ingame boredom… People I talk to often might notice me leaving for many months at the time. That is because I have only 1 real thing to do at this time and that is crafting, sure I can go into Delgerath and kill 1500 mylocs, but that is just plain boring and yes I have other quests open which requires a group to complete (namely Chief “whatever” from the Blood Skulks and the Myloc Queen) but I don’t always feel like asking for help.

I am not sure about recent events on Order, but I like the fact that Amon himself visits the server and dumps some nasty mobs at several locations and talks to the people in Marketplace channel.
    Last night the mobs were only in Bristugo, but earlier that I was online they were in Aughundel and Bristugo.
    These events while I gained 8 dp’s last night from an invincible AoP and his supercharged Enraged Aegror’s I found that I quite enjoyed them as a small break from the constant T5 and T6 lairshaping that I have been doing for months.

Romirez, I have no idea who you met or were you have spoken to people, but I have had no real bad experiences on Chaos with people not being nice or just outright rude. I have had an alt once on Order, but I quit with it for 2 reasons… 1. I needed room for a Chaos Alt and 2. I didn’t like the whole setting of the roleplay, I like to keep to myself, but after I said hello I suddenly had many trying to put me in their role play as a child. Let’s just say it wasn’t for me…
    Anyway to get back to the point… When you have several chat channels open there is always someone or something who will respond to your questions and most of the time many people who will help you with any quest that needs helping with. Take that from a dragon who keeps mostly to himself, but still enjoy being on Chaos for its community.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Do I read that right?
    We had an WA attack yesterday on Chaos?
    *feels very sad* I was too tired to log in yesterday- though I`m on nearly every day.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Do I read that right?
    We had an WA attack yesterday on Chaos?
    *feels very sad* I was too tired to log in yesterday- though I`m on nearly every day.
    Yes there was indeed... However having to fight an Avatar of Pain for over an hour without it's health going down becomes lame quite fast. In the end we all just sat on the vaults roof and gave it a few prime bolts.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Yes there was indeed... However having to fight an Avatar of Pain for over an hour without it's health going down becomes lame quite fast. In the end we all just sat on the vaults roof and gave it a few prime bolts.
    To be fair, it wasn't close to an hour, but more like 10 or 15 minutes. And plenty of players were down in the mix attacking it. Only a few players were sitting on the roofs.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    To be fair, it wasn't close to an hour, but more like 10 or 15 minutes. And plenty of players were down in the mix attacking it. Only a few players were sitting on the roofs.
    We had the Avatar of Pain arriving in Bristugo around 21:50 for the first time. Vanishing the exact moment when the Greater Blight Anchor arrived at 22:07, which was killed at 22:23.
    Only to have the Avatar of Pain return at 22:34 in Bristugo and not being killed until 23:41.

First I heared of the return:
    [10/29/10 22:34:31] [MarketPlace: ... ] Avatar of pain is in Bristugo again, smacking people
    First moment when I entered the area:
    [10/29/10 22:46:18] ... -> Avatar of Pain : Bite V [ 85 pierce ]
    Moment it was officially killed:
    [10/29/10 23:41:05] ... -> Avatar of Pain : Silver Strike [ 461 flame : Killed ]

All times are local machine times as printed in the log.

But who is counting...

We had the Avatar of Pain arriving in Bristugo around 21:50 for the first time. Vanishing the exact moment when the Greater Blight Anchor arrived at 22:07, which was killed at 22:23.
    Only to have the Avatar of Pain return at 22:34 in Bristugo and not being killed until 23:41.

First I heared of the return:
    [10/29/10 22:34:31] [MarketPlace: ... ] Avatar of pain is in Bristugo again, smacking people
    First moment when I entered the area:
    [10/29/10 22:46:18] ... -> Avatar of Pain : Bite V [ 85 pierce ]
    Moment it was officially killed:
    [10/29/10 23:41:05] ... -> Avatar of Pain : Silver Strike [ 461 flame : Killed ]

All times are local machine times as printed in the log.

But who is counting...
    *shrugs* we had an event = yipee

Please keep randomly doing these kind of things.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    *shrugs* we had an event = yipee

Please keep randomly doing these kind of things.
    I agree, maybe not only Bristugo... Also other towns.

and pls- when I`m on^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

in game boredem...every one knows what i do most of the time on chaos and that is just sit in bristgo and poeple watch. people watching is the most exciting thing to do in game atm.....

See?!?!?

You rushed 100/100 too quickly!!

Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    in game boredem...every one knows what i do most of the time on chaos and that is just sit in bristgo and poeple watch. people watching is the most exciting thing to do in game atm.....
    *Chuckles* I do the same, just I don't slurp on sight :P
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I agree, maybe not only Bristugo... Also other towns.
    DRAGON BOY *Attacks and kills to shut him up *

Shame i was on blight testing ps amon you have my notes in your inbox

i would have loved to been filming
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Honestly, I dont mind the huge time it takes to take put the AoP.
    Actually - since none knew how to fight it till i made up a tactic he was rarely being attacked.

Stunning it and killing the adds with a priority works very well while we try to kill him. The thing that we dont see his HP go down is prolly because he has an absorb buff of some kind with a very high damage limit. Think we only actually damaged it for about 10-20 minutes.

I like these events and this avoids me being bored in-game which rarely offers me anything these days.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Thread Information