Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: in-game boredom

Default Re: in-game boredom

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    DRAGON BOY *Attacks and kills to shut him up *
    You do understand that Bristugo is a place were players of ALL levels pass through and as such it is a good place to hold these events, but also in towns like Aughundell, Harro, ect. I don't care if all these attacks happen in Bristugo, but provide the low level players to take an alternate route to their destinations. I have tried to travel around not going to Bristugo from Last Stand, but whatever route you take with the portals you always pass that place. The same goes for Scorpions Island or Abandoned Island.

The only players who survive an assault while porting into Bristugo are those with loadingscreen off.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

This is a world event- and it does not last long.

Lots of us wish such events to come.

In this special case (do not mean to be rude) I do not care about those few, who refuse to : Help fighting, just watch and learn, or just enjoy!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

i tried that, but people acted like a complete **** to me, and i went back to Order, where people are friendlier
    It's odd. I returned back sometimes after years and every time I got in a totally friendly Guild (including this time!) with GREAT people that seem all too eager to give me stuff and help.

One thing I learned in RL though: the others are to you how you see them. If you expect ****, then they will be ****, because something in your pre-biased attitude will make them act so.

Originally Posted by Blue Hasia
    in game boredem...every one knows what i do most of the time on chaos and that is just sit in bristgo and poeple watch. people watching is the most exciting thing to do in game atm
    You don't just watch people. You slobber all over them too!
    Should have been called Wet Hasia imho .
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Yes I spent years People..err dragon watching. Then they revamped the World and Chiconis became a dead town.

So now I craft when I can bear it, because if I go people watching then NOTHING really gets done at all...lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    It's odd. I returned back sometimes after years and every time I got in a totally friendly Guild (including this time!) with GREAT people that seem all too eager to give me stuff and help.

One thing I learned in RL though: the others are to you how you see them. If you expect ****, then they will be ****, because something in your pre-biased attitude will make them act so.

You don't just watch people. You slobber all over them too!
    Should have been called Wet Hasia imho .
    it was one individual, but that one person ruined it for me. i don't tolerate asses in this game at all. i forgot the username, but i probably won't be coming back to Chaos if i keep getting troll-responses like i got.

People need to play the game the way it should ment to be played as.. on Order after coming back, I've noticed alot of changes, Dragon channel is dead, New Trismus is where the Role playing is, but it always turns out to be a bad role play, So I try to mind my own buisness. Sometimes crafting gets alittle boring, but I try to make the best of it and if I get bored of that, I try to challenge myself with adventuring. Eather with a partener or alone. Eather way, If someone gives you trouble, and this is in an RP based like, You just need to eather move on, or put that idavidual on ignore. It sounds cruel to do so, but if people act like they ' Know it all ' Or Plays a bad RP. You don't need to have any buisness with it unless you enable that.

The Ice Queen has Awaken!http://dragcave.net/user/Carsia

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    You do understand that Bristugo is a place were players of ALL levels pass through and as such it is a good place to hold these events, but also in towns like Aughundell, Harro, ect. I don't care if all these attacks happen in Bristugo, but provide the low level players to take an alternate route to their destinations. I have tried to travel around not going to Bristugo from Last Stand, but whatever route you take with the portals you always pass that place. The same goes for Scorpions Island or Abandoned Island.

The only players who survive an assault while porting into Bristugo are those with loadingscreen off.
    Ok you must be healian or a very warped lunus.

We are at war! Casualty is an unfortunate side effect of a war. Not only is Istaria not a safe place , and the new players need to learn this ,and be inspired to continue to wage war agents our foe. If our enemeys lay down and play dead then Istaria is nothing more than Farmtown usa from face book
    Last edited by lightning claw; November 5th, 2010 at 09:13 PM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Ok you must be healian or a very warped lunus.
    Not sure if I should consider this an insult or a compliment...
    We are at war! Casualty is an unfortunate side effect of a war. Not only is Istaria not a safe place , and the new players need to learn this ,and be inspired to continue to wage war agents our foe. If our enemeys lay down and play dead then Istaria is nothing more than Farmtown usa from face book
    [sarcasm on]
    Oh dear we are at war… I hadn’t noticed yet… Thank you for telling me or else I had remained forever ignorant of the games prime directive… Gifted vs. Withered Aegis!!! Oh wait I bought the retail box many years ago and I was allowed to read the following…
    Welcome to Istaria.
    A land of limitless opportunity and adventure. Here, as one of the thousands that make up the living races, you will strive to co-exist under the eyes of Gods and Goddesses… and defend against the constant threat of the Undead hordes.
    Still I want to thank you Lightning Claw for telling me this.
    [sarcasme off]

There is a huge difference between:
    1- Fighting in a well staged strategic war in which the various Racial Towns have to be liberated from WA from time to time with levels similar to the surrounding wildlife (for example T1 Lesser Aradoth max lvl 25-30 for boss mobs)… Making it actually a fun learning experience for low and high leveled players and allowing us to actually work together in this war you state we are having.
    2- Having a lvl 1-30 player who is by accident at the wrong place at the wrong time squashed like a bug by a lvl 100-140 T6 mob which can easily make life difficult for most endgame players.

Dropping a few mobs in Bristugo is cool to experience and fun to fight with, but even you should acknowledge that dropping one or more T6 mob into a T2 range zone is not how the war is supposed to be fought…

My previous hope has not changed and that is that not only Bristugo will be the target of assault by the Undead hordes.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Not sure if I should consider this an insult or a compliment...
    [sarcasm on]
    Oh dear we are at war… I hadn’t noticed yet… Thank you for telling me or else I had remained forever ignorant of the games prime directive… Gifted vs. Withered Aegis!!! Oh wait I bought the retail box many years ago and I was allowed to read the following… Still I want to thank you Lightning Claw for telling me this.
    [sarcasme off]

There is a huge difference between:
    1- Fighting in a well staged strategic war in which the various Racial Towns have to be liberated from WA from time to time with levels similar to the surrounding wildlife (for example T1 Lesser Aradoth max lvl 25-30 for boss mobs)… Making it actually a fun learning experience for low and high leveled players and allowing us to actually work together in this war you state we are having.
    2- Having a lvl 1-30 player who is by accident at the wrong place at the wrong time squashed like a bug by a lvl 100-140 T6 mob which can easily make life difficult for most endgame players.

Dropping a few mobs in Bristugo is cool to experience and fun to fight with, but even you should acknowledge that dropping one or more T6 mob into a T2 range zone is not how the war is supposed to be fought…

My previous hope has not changed and that is that not only Bristugo will be the target of assault by the Undead hordes.

Foolish are the withered ages for starting a war but the blood shed loosed in battle by any one is never a waist

I am one of throws Players back when raids where common and lived in fear of when i would be attacked next.this inspired me to continue to play and get stronger for every transport was a mystery every bend something could quite possible spring up and use me for a new scale belt that is how this game is supposed to be not your candy land loly pop idea of organized combat if anything at all war it self is by definition Is chaotic not drawn out on a game-board

but lets go off your suggestion that the wa is some sort of an intelligent plague

Bristugo is a focal point for the living races it is a center for transportation and commerce it makes tactile scene for the withered ages to attack this focal point the other towns well there not a focal point at least not any more when the server population is higher i believe other towns will be busheling again but until then every one nube or not needs this element of fear and Mystery
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

The new blight anchors won't be attacking Bristugo. They'll be attacking towns and locations along the Frontier where it makes sense since the WA are staged in it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    The new blight anchors won't be attacking Bristugo. They'll be attacking towns and locations along the Frontier where it makes sense since the WA are staged in it.
    In theory area's near any of the Deadlands could be placed under attack. Only in Lower tiers... Bristugo could be under attack only it would be T2 like Chiconis or Dalimond because of nearby Deadpool. So if you plan to make the frontier WA attacks automatic and it works perhaps the other tiers could have a less frequent version as well

but lets go off your suggestion that the wa is some sort of an intelligent plague

Bristugo is a focal point for the living races it is a center for transportation and commerce it makes tactile scene for the withered ages to attack this focal point the other towns well there not a focal point at least not any more when the server population is higher i believe other towns will be busheling again but until then every one nube or not needs this element of fear and Mystery
    I am sorry but cannot agree with what you say about WA not being an intelligent plague.
    After reading the lore about the fall of Draak it seemed to me that there was a whole load of trickery and scheming involved in the assault.
    Also the fact that we currently have boss mobs ingame (like SoG, Fafnir, Reklar) that we kill and loot for epic weapons and stuff seems to imply however at least some form of military hierarchy.
    This in my eyes leads to intelligence even if only the boss mobs have this and the casual mobs are acting on instinct and orders from the boss mob…

The whole point that I was trying to make is not that these attacks should stop... On the contrary. What I meant was that the high end attacks on Bristugo stop so that the little ones who have no chance in hell to beat them or even hit them can go safely on their way while hearing from elder friends that they have just killed a Blight Anchor or "Insert Boss Mob" in “Insert town”… Providing a relative safe travel route while they know what is waiting for them in the future… The realization and a lot of fun killing WA attackers in the future.

Who knows it might even be possible to send out a global message like “help!! (insert town) is under attack by Withered Aegis!!” so that people who are not near that town can still move to its defense or recapture. If I was a dev I would even spawn that WA group on top of the Portal arrival pad, forcing people to proceed from a nearby town if they want to arrive safely.

If I was a dev I would even spawn that WA group on top of the Portal arrival pad, forcing people to proceed from a nearby town if they want to arrive safely.
    not necessary to waste precious manpower for that.
    Big bad lag- boss wil do that anyway.
    But that will not lessen the fun!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

You just proved my point about bristugo being a focal point and it only makes tactical sense to Disputed trade and commence with every thing the WA has, but sadly this is a mute point now. The devs have spoken, and imo by you bashing amon for taking his time and spawning a few mobs in bristugo i don't know if there is going to be another dev run event anytime soon

You just proved my point about bristugo being a focal point and it only makes tactical sense to Disputed trade and commence with every thing the WA has, but sadly this is a mute point now. The devs have spoken, and imo by you bashing amon for taking his time and spawning a few mobs in bristugo i don't know if there is going to be another dev run event anytime soon
    Not sure why you are saying this, but I never bashed Amon about anything. I actually leave my disk in the freaking middle of no where during my crafting when I hear from others that an attack is in progress. The only thing that I keep saying is that I like a little variety in spawn locations so that not every time the low levels are bothered by this, considering there is no way that they can assist the endgame players in defeating a T6 boss mob. Last month I was online when a blight anchor attacked Aughundell and multiple mobs attacked Bristugo after that. That is what I mean variation of attack location and considering Amon has done it for us before I just hope it won’t be all too difficult to do again. I am sorry if you might not understand my meaning.

I understand your idea of attacking the center of commerce and gathering, from a strategic point of view it makes perfect sense, but constantly attacking that same locations over and over again doesn’t in my honest opinion. Eventually the armies of the Withered Aegis will have to proceed and attack the borderlands as well as part of the conquest of Istaria.

Attacking Bristugo may make all the sense in the world from a "tactical standpoint" by the WA, but that doesn't mean that it makes sense in an environment where people can and will stop paying you if they aren't having fun in your game. That, and, if you really want to get into the logic of it, I don't see the WA getting T6 troops all the way to Bristugo without being stopped along the way. Bristugo is pretty far into major Living territory. :P

I didn't even see any "Amon bashing." I saw someone politely pointing out that spawning things of a T6 nature in a T2 zone that characters of all levels pass through might not be the best place to do it, while maintaining that he enjoyed the events and didn't want them to stop. He's probably right too, that only players with their loading screen turned off will even have a chance to escape, and that's not exactly a feature every newbie knows about. That's not to even mention the lag that always accompanies these sorts of events, and that lag could be very irksome to at least some portion of the people passing through Bristugo.

Now don't get me wrong, I loved the few dev-run events I got to participate in and I salute the effort to do one recently, but seriously.. you have to consider other factors when you're running a game vs. writing a story. Characters in a story aren't going to get upset at their writer for writing them into an unexpected and insurmountable situation. Paying players of a game on the other hand...

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I think Raptress has the right idea in this post.

Let's also add to the fact that turning the loading screen off isn't officially supported in the first place, and few newbies will know about it as she said. Nobody likes to die without having the slightest of a fighting chance.

That, and the game doesn't care what level you are, whether or not it was a dev-sponsored event, it still adds DPs onto you. I'd hate to be the clueless newbie, having say Lv20-30 character, load up, and WHAM, dead before he even sees his UI, or even knows such an attack is happening. Then he clicks the Recall Button, what if his bind point is in Bristugo? Oh lookie, he's probably going to die AGAIN.

Meanwhile, those DPs are racking up and all he's trying to do is get the heck out of there so he can do something fun. DPs that last 20h+ and cost money to remove quicker, no less.

The dev-sponsored/created events are cool; don't get me wrong. However, placing it in the middle of Bristugo is not a good idea as others have pointed out. Yes, it may make "tactical sense", but not when we're considering locking out half of the playerbase from doing anything in the game (as Bristugo is that important to the game's function, as everyone knows).

Having the thing happening over in Harro, or similar area is perfectly fine. People can partake of it, and have fun, and those who aren't high enough level to partake of it, can avoid it. Everyone winds up happy. Well, except for those few who seem to think newer players need to be hazed, before they are permitted to play this game. Never did understand that type of logic. *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Having the thing happening over in Harro, or similar area is perfectly fine. People can partake of it, and have fun, and those who aren't high enough level to partake of it, can avoid it. Everyone winds up happy. Well, except for those few who seem to think newer players need to be hazed, before they are permitted to play this game. Never did understand that type of logic. *shrugs*
    On Order shard, Aughundell would probably be the best place for it since that's where higher level folks tend to do most of their trading/business transactions. Fits well with game lore too as Withered Aegis used to have the area overrun... ;-)

Who knows it might even be possible to send out a global message like “help!! (insert town) is under attack by Withered Aegis!!” so that people who are not near that town can still move to its defense or recapture. If I was a dev I would even spawn that WA group on top of the Portal arrival pad, forcing people to proceed from a nearby town if they want to arrive safely.
    The first is entirely possible- I remember when the WA were attacking towns and player towns, these annoucements were given. You'd see "The blahblah is under attack" or somethign similiar in your game annoucements/feedback chat window. You always knew when and where no matter where you were! So I know they COULD do that again (wether that was an automated process or a dev was physically typing that in I have no idea though lol).

And actually, as to your second point, whenever the WA attacked a town, historically, the portal was immediately unavailable to port in or out of town. Spawning "on" it wasn't necessary. When Harro, or any other town (including player created) were under attack, you HAD to arrive by a different means than the direct portal. And actually I think it should stay that way if the WA are actively attacking in town limits. It keeps lag down (as people are not just spawnign enmasse on the portal), it keeps people from dying upon porting in as others have mentioned and many of us have experienced, and it keeps the attack from being overhwlemed by level 100+ rating playres immediately porting in en masse and wiping out the forces in 3 minutes.

Wether the portal mechanic will remain with the new blight anchor idea I have no idea, but it would solve some of the problems with port-loading/death and lag (at least at first anyway lol).

I clearly remember when it would take 3-5 days to reclaim a town, and for the entire time you couldn't portal in. THat's how you knew it still needed to be reclaimed! HA!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    I clearly remember when it would take 3-5 days to reclaim a town, and for the entire time you couldn't portal in. THat's how you knew it still needed to be reclaimed! HA!
    Oh, wow, I had no idea that that occurred. That's pretty neat. It'd be neat to see a town or two that utilized this mechanic again, perhaps with above-average plot sizes or more convenient resource spawns nearby - some sort of incentive to fight for the town. I think it'd be needed as it might discourage people from living there if just as nice or better locations are available that do not get attacked and there might be a temptation to just not liberate a ghost town otherwise.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Thread Information