Thread: The Journel or Reagle Flamespray

Default The Journel or Reagle Flamespray

*From the beginning*...

Ae was the `sita Ieo was hatched.. explosions, screams, and shots are heard from outside Kor Ieo`s lair. Kieo A`meo, and A`mea were discussing fleeing the area. Just below the lair was the battlefield, in Granite Fall Moutains.

Ieo broke free from Kieo egg to a world of chaos, and death. The smell of chared ground, and death surrounds Ieo, but K`ieo A`mea reassuringly nuzzled Ieo. K`ieo A`meo had to leave. Aeo was d`na wanted by the elders, and wanted by the aegis.

Aeo left. it was only A`mea, and Ieo.Kier Nyoshaa Flamespray. Ieo sebenne niea A`mea. *curls up under her wing*

Default Re: The Journel or Reagle Flamespray

The sun rises in the Eastern Istarian skys. A loud clanging can be heard just outside the lair. What was it? Did A`meo bring home some shines for me? Ieo poke K`ieo head out from under A`mea`s wing. Aea is still asleep, so Ieo nose aea`s cheek "A`mea.. A`mea wake up. A`meo`s home.."

Aea stirs, and looks out towards the lair exit, no sign of A`meo comming down the spiral at all. "D`na aoretao, Iea will go check, nieo wait here" Aea gets to her feet, and pads to the entrance, aea can hear the clanging getting louder, and the yells of many naka. something is wronge... very wronge....

"Go to the shrine aoretao, and da come out till Iea say!" A`mea whispers very sternly, so Ieo listen, and pad down the hall, through the crystalshaping room, and down the spiral to the shrine room. Ieo curl up tightly behind ae, only one eye peeking out. What was going on? Was Ieo in danger? Was ae the withered aegis outside the lair? Ieo stay hiden. and wait for A`mea to come to k`ieo side....

Ieo wake up the next morning to hear nothing but the soft wind blowing through the lair corridors. Ieo pad out of the shrine room, and call out. "A`mea! A`mea! is ae safe to come out?" Ieo listen for a few moment, but no one answers k`ieo calls. Padding up the slope, through the crystalshaper room, and up the spiral to the entrance, looking out all Ieo see are millions of dead aegis, and gifted, naka, and dragon lie motionless on the battered, and scared ground. Catapults torn, and beaten, arrows embeded in the wooden aplnks, as well as in the outer walls of k`ieo`s lair.

Then, as Ieo look out to the distance Ieo see movement. not much, but enough to recognize who it is. it`s A`mea! And aea`s hurt baddly, limping slowly back to Ieo, aea`s scales bloodied, and covered in arrows, and blight goo. Ieo, too frieghtened to move from k`ieo spot just stand and watch k`ieo A`mea struggle to come closer. Finaly Ieo muster up the courage to run up to aea, stopping at aea feet, Ieo nuzzle aea fondly, tears dripping from k`ieo eyes, holding aea with k`ieo paw, and burrying k`ieo face in aea blood covered chest. Ieo can hear aea`s heart beating as if ae were outside aea`s body, k`ieo face now wet from aea`s blood, Ieo feel something soft... oh dear.. Ieo just close k`ieo eyes, and cry. But A`mea smiles gently, but weakly, and nuzzles Ieo. "Aoretao. nieo must go. get kor`nieo`s sister`s egg, take ae to saftey, then recall to Skalkaar. Iea will be with nieo..." At this aea collaspes, falling onto her side, right at k`ieo`s feet. Ieo can`t stop crying, and Ieo lick k`ieo`s A`mea`s cheek. "Sebenne A`mea.." One last goodbye, then up to keio lair to get k`ieo`s sister`s egg.

Down in the resting chamber, Ieo greave for a few moments, tears streaming k`ieo`s face, creating a small hatchling sized puddle under k`ieo feet. Grabbing the only possesions Ieo could carry, a small bell, and k`ieo`s sandstone health chest scale. Ieo take a large beasket, and set k`ieo sister Nightshade`s egg into ae, then make k`ieo way out of the lair. over the mountain to the city of Chiconus. On the way Ieo see so much carnage, the dead litter the ground, even the air stinks of death. Buzzard fly over head looking for fresh meat. Ieo can`t help but feel their eyes staring right into k`ieo`s heart, so Ieo run, carrying the egg isn`t an easy task. ae weighs Ieo down greatly. But Ieo know Ieo must get k`ieo`s sister to saftey, so on Ieo trek until Ieo reach the great Helian dragon city of Chiconus. Oddly not a dragon in sight. the city`s totaly deserted! Have the aegis real taken over?

Ieo port to the nearest safest place Ieo know, and end up in Sslanis. Padding down the hill to the town, Ieo am stopped by a sslik guard. "Hault dragon! There will be no entry unless you are one of the gifted!" aeo places a hand over k`ieo head, aeo is a spiritist, and sences right away Ieo am indeed a gifted. Aeo then lets Ieo pass, peering at the egg with great suspicion. Ieo find a humble hut with in the city, and leave the egg at the doorstep. Ieo then recall like A`mea told Ieo to, and end up in another jungle. this time on the hatchling training island of Skalkaar. indeed! Ieo am gifted! Ieo just hope k`ieo sister will make ae here too.

*Curls up by a large tree near the shrine, and drifts to sleep*

Ieo wake up to hear jungle birds singing in the trees, and crickets chirping in the tall ferns around Ieo. Looking around Ieo see a huge brilliant blue fountain, with blue crystals. "what is this?" Ieo wander as Ieo go over to it, thirsty as Ieo havn`t had anything to drink in over 2 solar days, Ieo laps some cool water out of the fountain, when a green, and red hatchling comes up to Ieo "Hey! that`s not a fountain, that`s a shrine. " He exclaims, Ieo turn to look, licking k`ieo maw and giggle. "Ieo am sorry, Ieo thought ae was a fountain like in k`ieo A`mea`s lair...." Ieo stop mid sentance, and fall to k`ieo little knees, and cry. "Why why! why they kill A`mea!" the other hatchling frowns, and nuzzles Ieo, obviously he`s seen many recently orphaned due to the battle outside the island on the mainland. "I`m Spitfyre. Tourguide of Skalkaar, and greeter for new gifteds. So what your name little purple?" His eyes friendly, and voice gentle as aeo stands by Ieo. "Reagle *sniffles* Reagle Flamespray... what is this place? am Ieo safe here?" Ieo look around half expecting to see undead chasing Ieo. "Why this is Skalkaar my friend, and yes you`re safe, only newly gifted come here. You should go see Karkath. he will teach you how to hunt, and fight, you sure look hungry there Reagle." Aeo nosses Ieo, and shows Ieo where to go, Ieo keep glancing ff into the distance thinking of A`mea, and sister Nightshade, when "Oof!" Ieo walk headfirst into a tree, seeing stars, Ieo shake K`ieo head, and sit for a moment rubbing K`ieo head. the hatchling pads to Ieo. "Are you alright? hehe. better watch where you walk buddy." Aeo helps Ieo to k`ieo feet, and guide Ieo to Karkath.

Upon seeing the light green dragon, Ieo can sence he is a patient type, but stern. Aeo looks down at Ieo, and smiles, lowering his head to Ieo "Welcome gifted!" he smiles, then noticing K`ieo glossy eyes aeo frowns "I see yet another orphaned hatchling among many. these are bad times for Istaria. what is your name little one?" Aeo asks softly. "Ieo am Reagle... A`na. A`mea was killed by the undead." Aeo looks at Ieo saddened face, aeo digs into his scalepack, and takes out a bell, it`s dented, and dull, but it`s all aeo has to give, and hands ae to Ieo. "I know it`s not much but it`ll help take your mind off your loss. Are you feeling up to begin training Reagle? You so appear hungry, I can teach you how to hunt for food." Ieo look up to aeo, and smile weakly "A`kei nieo. Ieo can try. Ieo havn`t eaten since k`ieo lair was attacked" k`ieo`s belly rumbles with hungar as Ieo stand under the trainer`s feet. "Well then. it`s fairly simple. you see those grulets behind the shrine Reagle?" Karkath points out a group of small pig like creatures, they don`t look hard to slay. "A`na. they look tastey. Ieo had to kill them k`ieo self?" Aeo looks at Ieo, and smiles, nodding slowly. "Yes. they`ll be sufficiant for one as younge as you. now to slay one, you need to aim those claws of yours correctly, and watch out for their tusks. aim for the throat, and bite the neck. Try making it`s death painless as possible, no sence torturing the poor beast." Aeo winks. Ieo am already thinking twice about this, and lower k`ieo earfins "Ieo d`na want to hurt ae..." The trainer then looks at Ieo sternly, and replies, "You must kill to eat Reagle, you are a dragon, and dragon`s are predators. Without your mother, you need to learn to hunt for yourself now. You are younge, but Seeing you`re here now it is time to learn to survive. Now go slay a grulet, and bring me the carcess to show you were sucessfull."

Ieo lower k`ieo head, and slowly make k`ieo way to the jungle, k`ieo bely rumbles, and k`ieo feel hungar setting in. Ieo must eat, but kill an innocent animal? Do Ieo really have to? The pain of hungar is a lot to bear, as Ieo pad over to a grulet. Ae`s grazing on a berry bush, crunching away at the seeds in the berries, just watching ae eat is making Ieo feel sick from hungar. Ieo close k`ieo eyes, and lift a paw, claws extended, Ieo swipe, but all Ieo hit is air. Ieo open kieo eyes right in time to see the grulet ready to peirce k`ieo right forleg with a tusk, Ieo jump back avoiding the tusk. Fear sets in, as Ieo have never had to fight before, and Ieo bite the grulet`s neck, picking ae up in k`ieo maw, ae squeals wildly. Ieo drop ae, feeling bad for hurting ae, ae falls onto the ground, and gets back up only to hit Ieo with ae`s tusk, just grazing k`ieo right forleg, making a small gash. Ieo cry a little from the pain, temped on running Ieo look back at the trainer, aeo frowns, and signals to kill the grulet. Ieo feel that hungat pain again, and bite the grulet`s neck, closing k`ieo eyes, Ieo bite down as hard as Ieo can, and hear a loud snap. ae`s neck has broke, and it goes silent. Ieo killed ae! Ieo drop ae and look down, feeling bad for the poor animal.

Ieo run up to the trainer, crying. "Ieo killed the poor thing! Ieo am bad..." The trainer smiles, and takes his paw, and lifts k`ieo head to look up at aeo. "You are not bad Reagle, you killed your first prey. now go, and eat. regain your strength, as tomorrow we shall learn the art or fire breath ok?" aeo smiles at Ieo, those gentle eyes give Ieo an almost fatherly feeling, Ieo sniffle, and smile back, belly rumbleing Ieo run back over to k`ieo kill, and drag ae to the shrine. Ieo eat the grulet happily, ae tastes wonderfull. Especialy after not having eaten in over a solar day. Now growing sleepy, Ieo yawn, and curl up by the shrine, cloing k`ieo eyes, Ieo drift to sleep dreaming of A`mea, and A`meo.

(( i can understand using draconic-spanglish style in game, but please don't do it here, it makes it harder to read. for the love of god.))

The following morning I wake to hear screaching? Another hatchling is hunting near me. I raise my head, tip it back to yawn, and stretch my sleepy limbs, getting to me feet, I see a bright red hatchling, with earfins like myself slaying grulets, and saving the steaks in it`s scalepack. I sleepily pad over to it, and tilt my head "Gli`sita!" I exclaim, not knowing the other hatchling doesn`t know the tongue, it looks at me, and replies. "Murr? you want me to sit in grit?" At this I can`t help myself, but fall over onto my side, and laugh. "No no no! it`s means hello! I`s the tongue my mother tought me. what`s your name?" It giggles, and nods, then sits down in front of me smiling. "I`m Figes! ever heard that language before, course I don`t have a family of my own either. I hatched right here on this island. Who are you?" I frown slightly thinking how I wish I didn`t have to witness my mother`s death, and lower my head saddened "Mother called me Reagle.. I saw the aegis kill her..." A small tear runs down my eye as the images race through my mind, often wondering what I could have done to save her. Figes comes up to me, and nuzzles my cheek, I can feel his warm soft scales rub against mine, remembering how Mother used to nuzzle, and caress me, I lean into the nuzzle, then stop, and look up at him. "Are there other still alive? We`re not the only ones left are we?" He shakes his head, and smiles. "Oh no. I`ll show you! follow me Reagle!" He runs up toward the red area of the island, and I get up, and run after him, past Spitfyre, and Karkath, past the lava pool, and down the hill past the gems, and stone, I slide to a stop just before running right into Figes as I see a large blue glowing ring, looking up in awe.. What is this thing? Figes smiles, and looks back at me, then rests his paw on a button in front of the ring, and etching with symbols light up. Now I don`t know how to read these symbols as all I know if dragon, these don`t seem dragon to me, so I furrow a brow trying to read them. "Um... what is this, and what does the etching say?" Figes just giggles, and pats my head. "It`s a teleportation gate silly! and the etching reads New Trismus. it`s your first training island, and a regular gifteds` meeting place, just tap the etching, and jump into the ring! don`t worry it doesn`t hurt, actualy feels like jumping into water!" He then activates the gate, and jumps in, disappearing. I can`t help but wonder where he went, as this is all quite new to me, so I instinctively look on the other side, and over the edge into the water. So sign of him, so I nervously tap the etching, and the ring`s border lights up. Reaching a paw in and pulling it out I see I did not get hurt, nor did I get wet. How odd. what sort of magic is this? I huff my chest, put on my brave face, and step in, suddenly, I`m flying through a tunnel very fast I scream in terror as I fly through what seems like an endless water tunnel, when all of the sudden I see a bright light I can`t stop! I`m speeding towards it! Am I going to die? Oh Drulkar please save me! AHAAAAAAA!!!

.................................................. ......................

*Bright flash of light, and FLING!*
    I go tumbling out of the teleport pad doing 3 summersaults, and land at Figes feet, dizzy, and disoriented, and sit there for a moment, then look at my paws, and feet. By golly I`m still alive! and what is this? A sign pointing to a cave? I hea laughing. histarical laughing, and I look to see Figes rolling in the grass laughing "Oh my gosh that was funny! you just rolls off of the pad like a tumble weed! that was epic!!" I look at him, and give a pouty face.. "You said it wouldn`t hurt.. that was the most frieghtening thing I`ve ever experienced!" Figes stops laughing, and wipes a laughter tear fro his eye" hehehe. Yah I know I did the same thing the first time I ported. you`ll get the hang of it. " He walks up to me, and pats my wingshoulder. "Now lets get you to town, there`s a tavern you can eat there, I`m sure you`re probably feeling pretty famish, c`mon! I`ll show you!" I nod, and follow him up the hill past a small heard of deer, and past another sign, I see a roofed hut thing with a book, a well, and several building. nothing like I`ve ever seen, I follow him into one of these building, and sit near a wood object, by a stone box with wood, and fire. What a strange yet peacefull place this is.

A few hours of resting, eating, and chatting Figes and I become best buddies. I feel happier now then I ever did. Though still missing my mother, and father, saddness set aside as me, and my new best friend chill out in the New Trismus tavern, curled up next to the fire box, we both drift to sleep this night. I close my eyes, smiling, and fall into a peacefull happy slumber.

It`s a new day in Istaria, as I awaken, yawning widely, and stretching me limbs, and tail, I scratch behind an earfin, and lick my maw as I groggily look around. Getting to me feet, I hear talking outside the tavern, so I pad outside to see many large dragons, and hatchlings. and what is this? things that walk on two legs! What are these odd walking creatures? One`s got a soft covering, very fuzzy. one`s only got a bit of fuz on top of it`s head, and one`s scaley like me but with like things sticking up on it`s head.

"Glit`sita aorban!"
    Exclaimed an ancient whome just happens to be resting right on top of the tavern, she is pitch black in color, and has six long horns much like my Mother did.
    I look up, and smile, then I see Figes, playing with other hatchlings, so I run up to them, there was one purple, and gold like me.
    "`Sita! Ieo am Reagle."
    I greet them cheerfully, the other purple one replies and says.
    "I`m Sparx! want to go hunting with us?"
    Smileing I nod, and I follow them past the tavern, and down the road. we go past grulets, and those incredibly annoying tiny grass beetles, one nips at my haunches as we run past.
    "What are we hunting? Ieo am starving!"
    I yell out to the others
    "Were`s going to beat up some wolfies! they`re tastey, and fun to kill!" Replies Figes giggling. Suddenly I see a familiar foe. skeletons. I Scream, and run up in between Figes, and Sparx. huddling close to them.
    "those skellies killed me A`mea... don`t let them near me!"
    Figes; "Oh don`t worry bout them, they`re as harmless as a skalkaar grulet" He giggles, and playfully nudges me. Then we arrive at the wolves. they`re eating a kill, possibly a deer, least to me they look even more frieghtening, as I quiver nervously.
    "Um.. We`re going to kill those? They look even meaner then the skellies..."
    Figes just laughs, and begins casting a primebolt at one who strayed away from the rest of the pack. Now it`s running right towards me, I swipe at it with my claws, and rear up, and breath fire onto it, it falls over dead moments later, I look down, and see I actualy managed to kill it, and I start laughing.
    "See? not so scarey are they Reagle? lets kill some more to bring back for lunch!"
    Figes says as he starts casting more spells, pulling one at a time away until we have killed six of them, we each carry two on our backs back to town. Luckily they`re pretty light weight, and no strain to carry.
    Back in town we drop the wolves to the ground, and begin to each one each, After we`ve gotten our fill, I lay over by the ancient who greeted me earlier, and curl up. she drapes a wing over me, in almost a Motherly fashion, while Figes, and Sparx also cuddle by me. We all fall asleep peacfully, with full tummies.

Thread Information