Thread: To handwrap or not to handwrap....

Default To handwrap or not to handwrap....

Greetings Folks,

I'm in the awkward tweens between the 75 handwrap and the 85 handwrap. Though having a parry would be nice, I can't decide if I want to invest the time or cost involved in teching out a 75 handwrap over my Monk Bucket and Bag.
    I would be giving up a STR/Health Teched bag, and a STR/DEX crystaled bucket.

Anyone have any comments or observations?

I STILL havn't tried out a handwrap... :\

Guess I should just push for 85 and get myself that handwrap.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Foobar Fu

Default Re: To handwrap or not to handwrap....

My monk still doesn't use handwraps either but prefers str teched items. But perhaps thats why it takes so long to level! When I reach the top end (90's) I may invest in some....

aceracer24

general testing for me shows monk wraps did nothing for me what so ever other then letting me parry which did come in handy. But I would honestly say keep the bucket :) You won't know for sure though unless you try them yourself.

I went ahead and leveled to 85 with a little help from friends who let me leech ;)

Will look for a tailor and let you folks know if I come across anything. The bucket and bag combo really do decent though I suspect parry will more than make up for it, especially if it's a check of our UA skill to the parry. :D

-HratLi

Damage :

Finally had my handwraps made. TIII teched only since I REFUSE to pay vielo 100s for a tech.

I must say.... OMG..... As long as I am not in the 'dead zone' for wraps I might be hanging up my bucket. The parries are AMAZING... I can't believe that some people get parries AND blocks?!! ::faint:: I was taking on mobs 5-7 levels higher than me and LIVING.

Anyone have the old Log parser that somone linked in Tazoon? I can't find mine :(
    It was REALLY awesome.

Bottom Line: Get handwraps ;)

-HratLi

Damage :

Thalos

I'd say if you're a pure monk then the only reason to use handwraps is for the techs and crystals. As a SPRD I get unarmed mastery every 6 lvls instead on 5 like a pure monk so it's better for me to use them regardless. Dunno bout ICED, FLMD or STMD tho.

Thalos,
    Read my statement again. It's all about the parries. I am saving about 200 pts an attack parried and it happens more often than I DODGE. The only downside is the dead zone where there are no new wraps for 10 levels.

-HratLi

Damage :

Hello all. I am new to the Monk world. Just started my guy on it. I have some cleric and spiritist as well, gonna go the spirit disciple way.
    My question is about handwraps, how does one get some? what school makes them?

Either outfitters or tailors can make them. I would join the marketplace channel on your server and ask there if anyone can make any for you.

-Menkure Salitis
    Sifu of the Flame

K. thanks for the reply, a side question - a tailor is like an armorcrafter but for leather and cloth, right?

Aye, that is correct.

Tailors specialize in cloth, padded cloth, hide, and leather armor. The can make cloth sacks, leather satchels, backpacks and backpack pouches as well.

Outfitters are more generalized.. they can do all of that, as well as everything an armorer can do too.

-Menkure

Crissa

I almost always handwrap if I can; though a satchel and tool can hold more techniques. I can't track my parries because I have floating text off.

Also, more important, is that there is enough data out there on handwraps... Here's a basic chart I did on how handwraps match to unarmed mastery: http://crissa.twu.net/horizons/handwraps.txt

-Crissa

...Sorry about the lack of link, none of the fancy buttons on this forum work for me.

I think the ability to parry is worth using handwaraps alone. Although I am not sure if the delay on handwraps ever changes.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Crissa

I'd need to dig out Tigris's player and poke her to give me more details, as I hadn't written it all down.

Anyhow, from what we could figure, the handwraps were exactly that level of Unarmed Mastery. Their delay does drop as they increase - it /seems/ to be the same as the Unarmed Mastery, but since it is written in a different format, one cannot tell. From comparisions to dragon attacks, it seems to be.

-Crissa

Handwraps are VERY nice .. I got some level 95 handwraps made with Parry V and Unarmed III and a socket .. Parrying is so nice, I hate not having it when I multiclass and use a tool.
    Neon Burnblade
    Bitter ex-top-jeweler of Expanse (for a few weeks in 2004 anyway)
    --------------------------------------------------
    If anyone is interested in EQ2, look me up as Iridi on the Unrest server. Gronar and Hellga are on as well!

Thread Information