Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just sayin..

Talking Just sayin..

From this point on I wish never to hear any dragon say they are underpowered. Granted I probably will. I discovered today that there was a Primal Cast, I went and got it then did flame burst....3k damage.. wiped out 15 mobs no prob. I dont want to hear any complaints now Dragons now are on par if not better than bipeds at AoE and 1v1. You have heals, damage, shields, and armor even if they dont last long.

Primal cast quest start above the tower of magery in the frozenwastes.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Default Re: Just sayin..

I've had this quest for months. Good luck killing Digda with the mass of T6 mobs.

Done did and died. Apparantly there is more than 1 digda, so i just killed the one that was out in the middle of the swamp, no adds.

I have to agree that in the recent years dragons have been made a whole lot stronger then we were when I first started playing and the combination Primal Cast and Breath of Flame Burst is a true lifesaver especially while gathering in hostile lands considering Primal Cast has no active timer. However I do imagine what kind of mobs you wiped out… I do not dare gathering for example 15 marble golems and expect to actually survive...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia View Post
    From this point on I wish never to hear any dragon say they are underpowered.
    Even the full casters? :P

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Dragons -were- underpowered in many areas until recent changes.

I like how dragons are now, in general. I'm fairly happy with how they play. Between Primal Attack, Primal Health, Primal Cast, and some other things, I think dragons are doing fairly well these days.

Back when I started playing, when Breeze was the only self-healing dragons had, when dragons didn't have Gift of Velocity, or Primal Attack, they felt underpowered to be honest. Heck, I started playing before ARoP was added, though that was early in my days, I was still a fairly low-level hatchling.

I am not going to bring back spellcasters/Lunus differences or dragons/bipeds stuff, but I'd say these new abilities doesn't advantage Helian spellcasters beside Lunus warriors. And after a test I did with my spellcaster against a biped at the arena, the biped's stun abilities still prevail (for 1 to 1, at least), knowing bipeds can get some nuke attacks as well.

I agree rizo, my saying.

But only as a hybride. And only if you tune your drag with thats possible.

Pure Lunus - and- for sure spellcasters have disadvantages.

But that is so fascinating: There are so many ways to train your dragon.

Compared with a well trained multiclass-biped we are not par.
    But that is not necessary. We are drags and we can fly- and that is invaluable! (for all other we have visa^^),
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Yes I say pure caster and pure melee as well. Does everyone tailor their scales for power and damage? I see few dragons and peds alike nowadays do just that. Friends of mine, and yours im sure, that are long gone have done differently. A dragon friend i used to hunt with tailored his scales to damage type. Purple Necroflies hit very hard and swarm. In the northern part of the Eastern Deadlands there are about 15 total I believe. Each scale was and armor scale that had Pierce Resis and Ward on it and im unsure of the third tech, but he was taking somewhere bewtween 20-40 damage a hit. Thats nothing if ya really think about it. I have jewelry sets for each damage type, or at least the main types, fire ice blight crush slash and pierce. Try armor combinations with these and I think youll be quite surprised. Riz in my opinion a full lunus all the way. Yes i have points in primal but i dont use spells at all unless im pulling large groups, but my armor is half defensive and half offensive and i believe that makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia View Post
    Yes I say pure caster and pure melee as well. Does everyone tailor their scales for power and damage? I see few dragons and peds alike nowadays do just that. Friends of mine, and yours im sure, that are long gone have done differently. A dragon friend i used to hunt with tailored his scales to damage type. Purple Necroflies hit very hard and swarm. In the northern part of the Eastern Deadlands there are about 15 total I believe. Each scale was and armor scale that had Pierce Resis and Ward on it and im unsure of the third tech, but he was taking somewhere bewtween 20-40 damage a hit. Thats nothing if ya really think about it. I have jewelry sets for each damage type, or at least the main types, fire ice blight crush slash and pierce. Try armor combinations with these and I think youll be quite surprised. Riz in my opinion a full lunus all the way. Yes i have points in primal but i dont use spells at all unless im pulling large groups, but my armor is half defensive and half offensive and i believe that makes the difference.

Pure Melee Dragon: Primal Cast Breath of Flame Burst = 1200, 1200, 1200; Gold Rage = 1500, 1500, 1500; Can use tier 5 spells with only a small amount of skill put into primal.

Pure Caster Dragon: Primal Cast Breath of Flame Burst = 1200, 1200, 1200; Gold Rage = 800, 800, 800; Can use tier 5 spells.

There's a balance issue in that pure Melee Dragons can use stuff like Breath of Flame Burst and Drulkar's Wrath just as well as pure Caster Dragons, but pure Caster Dragons can't use stuff like Gold Rage, Silver Strike and Ravage as well as pure Melee Dragons. Not only in damage but likelyhood to hit. (Or put another way, pure Melee can be better at casting than pure Casters can be at melee.)

And as far as casting skill goes, from my experience, it doesn't mean anything outside being able to use teched spells. My biped's main school of magic is spirit based and I can get his spirit skill up to 1800 and a skill of 1800 has absolutely zero effect on his spells over a skill of 1300. I don't know if it's similar with melee.
    Last edited by Akrion; November 7th, 2010 at 07:20 PM.

haha, me and a friend (Fermi) were talking about dragon abilities (and a possible Reklar hunt on blight lol), that was the only time I actually looked into the dragon abilities, and when I did I was like: and there are people saying dragons are underpowered?!?!, well, casters are still weak compared to lunus, but as a pure lunus I do say that having a caster around makes stuff allot easier to fight, 3 dragons together is a terrifying force, solid snarl, breath of ice+staggering howl, heck, we tried all kinds of strategies, and evertime we survive better and better

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    haha, me and a friend (Fermi) were talking about dragon abilities (and a possible Reklar hunt on blight lol), that was the only time I actually looked into the dragon abilities, and when I did I was like: and there are people saying dragons are underpowered?!?!, well, casters are still weak compared to lunus, but as a pure lunus I do say that having a caster around makes stuff allot easier to fight, 3 dragons together is a terrifying force, solid snarl, breath of ice+staggering howl, heck, we tried all kinds of strategies, and evertime we survive better and better
    People seem to want to compare Dragons to Bipeds that have been multiclassed over the course of a couple years to have 6 or 7 level 100 schools. Which in that case, yes, bipeds get more powerful than Dragons. But from my experience with a melee Dragon, a level 100 Ancient Melee Dragon will out match a Biped for atleast 3 level 100 schools in terms of PVE effectiveness. Healing is another matter, however. Bipeds have always been able to out heal Dragons.

Hehe on Lan I have a sort of generic set of scales thats all resist/wards. Its a combination of slash , blunt, and I think maybe blight resist/ward, I dont think I did peirce. Plus a crystal slots where possible and the new tech kits.

Im currently in the prossess of building a scale set thats all stats (str/dex/TnC mostly) Just to see what change if any it makes to my fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    People seem to want to compare Dragons to Bipeds that have been multiclassed over the course of a couple years to have 6 or 7 level 100 schools. Which in that case, yes, bipeds get more powerful than Dragons. But from my experience with a melee Dragon, a level 100 Ancient Melee Dragon will out match a Biped for atleast 3 level 100 schools in terms of PVE effectiveness. Healing is another matter, however. Bipeds have always been able to out heal Dragons.
    aye, I never compare a near full multiclassed biped with a dragon, heck, I have done the neo-schools on my main (100 lunus ancient) and still wouldnt be able to beat a 4 lvl 100 schools biped I think, never had the opportunity to try though, I do know that a good friend of mine tried to take on a fully classed biped once, I already knew she would die lol

...well, casters are still weak compared to lunus, but as a pure lunus I do say that having a caster around makes stuff allot easier to fight...
    I'd wager that having another melee-centered dragon in place of that caster would be more useful. Casters don't get any abilities that melee dragons don't, and their spells cannot compare with things like Gold Rage.

Melee dragons can operate almost without using spells at all. A caster dragon tries that with melee abilities and finds it cannot kill things at T5 sometimes, let alone T6. And if it can kill them, it takes way longer than it would as a similarly skilled melee dragon.

I play both and as far as I'm concerned, caster dragons are still underpowered. The OP is welcome to his opinion, but I disagree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Pure Melee Dragon: Primal Cast Breath of Flame Burst = 1200, 1200, 1200; Gold Rage = 1500, 1500, 1500; Can use tier 5 spells with only a small amount of skill put into primal.

Pure Caster Dragon: Primal Cast Breath of Flame Burst = 1200, 1200, 1200; Gold Rage = 800, 800, 800; Can use tier 5 spells.

There's a balance issue in that pure Melee Dragons can use stuff like Breath of Flame Burst and Drulkar's Wrath just as well as pure Caster Dragons, but pure Caster Dragons can't use stuff like Gold Rage, Silver Strike and Ravage as well as pure Melee Dragons. Not only in damage but likelyhood to hit. (Or put another way, pure Melee can be better at casting than pure Casters can be at melee.)
    I have brought my primal up to 1070 in order to use triple tech Quickening breeze V. Other then that my remaining tp's are divided into TnC (full), 30% Strength and 20% Dexterity. I can tell you Drulkar's Wrath is useless to me. After dumping 300 tps from Strength into Power damage suddenly rose from 220-250 up to 500-550. As for Breath of Flame Burst... You get 10 points in Dragon Breath skill per level. No matter you are Caster or Melee, so it is not strange that those dont differ much. Gold Rage goes of TnC, Strength I guess so... Casters will probably only be on par with Melee when all abilities get to use Primal and TnC in better words... "which ever is higher", but were is the fun in that when all dragons are essentially the same except for some differences in scales.

And besides to the trophy fed bipeds with large amounts of adv schools at 100 we will probably never be on par and do we really need to want to? It is PvE...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    I'd wager that having another melee-centered dragon in place of that caster would be more useful. Casters don't get any abilities that melee dragons don't, and their spells cannot compare with things like Gold Rage.

Melee dragons can operate almost without using spells at all. A caster dragon tries that with melee abilities and finds it cannot kill things at T5 sometimes, let alone T6. And if it can kill them, it takes way longer than it would as a similarly skilled melee dragon.

I play both and as far as I'm concerned, caster dragons are still underpowered. The OP is welcome to his opinion, but I disagree with it.
    Eh, I'd also disagree that a dragon is on-par power/ability wise at any level below 100.

The abilities most are listing in this thread that make dragons "equal" to bipeds are all level 100 post-ARoP Abilities.

So if you've got a level 80 adult, or a level 100 hatchling (for whatever reason), then its not "equal". (Not that I've been banging a tooweak gong recently or anything...).

But I will say that if a race's entire equality as a fighter depends on being the very top level and through with a single major quest - that is..an...interesting..concept...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

*waves her "give helians gold burst and make it use primal skill instead of T&C, also make it lvl 100 quest-able" flag*

hehe, anyhow, the reason why I said I like hunting with a helian/caster is because they can heal me up nicely when I take too much damage, like in our 6 dragons Reklar run, we had 1 healer, who also was the boon caster... we get reklar on 1/2 I think and then he one-shotted me (last one standing)

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    So if you've got a level 80 adult, or a level 100 hatchling (for whatever reason), then its not "equal". (Not that I've been banging a tooweak gong recently or anything...).
    This. At max level, every ability, breath, quest done and ancient, yeah we are badass. Before that? Not so much.

*waves her "give helians gold burst and make it use primal skill instead of T&C, also make it lvl 100 quest-able" flag*
    If they put Gold Burst in at all, I don't understand why it needs to be level 100 quested. It's supposed to be a caster's Gold Rage; you get the first Gold Rage rank at level 10. I think it should follow that you get the first Gold Burst rank at level 10. Link the timers so you have to choose one or the other. No reason to have a max-level restriction. I'm irritated enough with my perma-adult caster not being able to get Drulkar's Wrath because it requires Ancient.

Thread Information