Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purdy Icons Please

Default Purdy Icons Please

Simple question, noticed it when I was lurking around in this thread: User interface screen shots

Where can I get me some of those snazzy, colourful icons? Like in this picture: http://home.arcor.de/takora/Horizons/Takora/tako_ui.jpg

Compared to the dull teals, violets, greens and murky browns of the current icons, these things practically leap off the screen. So vibrant. So eye-catching. So awesome. I'd be eternally grateful to the one that could help me in finding that rainbow-encrusted mod if it at all exists.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

Default Re: Purdy Icons Please

Huzzah! Colours! So pretty! Many thinks meepsa.

Also, a little unrelated, I think I might have seen a link to this same site on Crimson Dawn's guild webpage. Unfortunately, that link is broken as far as I know.

Crimson Dawn Links Page

Is it meant to lead to the same download? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Armameteus View Post
    Huzzah! Colours! So pretty! Many thinks meepsa.

Also, a little unrelated, I think I might have seen a link to this same site on Crimson Dawn's guild webpage. Unfortunately, that link is broken as far as I know.

Crimson Dawn Links Page

Is it meant to lead to the same download? Just curious.
    Link on CD should point to Val's main site, the address must have changed at some point. Thanks for pointing out I will fix it later on today.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Link on CD should point to Val's main site, the address must have changed at some point. Thanks for pointing out I will fix it later on today.
    Val's site is down (has been for a few months so ive been told), so I'll just leave a comment that the site is down at the moment on the links page
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Val's site is down (has been for a few months so ive been told), so I'll just leave a comment that the site is down at the moment on the links page
    Aw. That's a shame. Well, maybe you should add in an alternate link to the one meepsa provided? Like a ittle blurb stating that the original site the download is found in is currently down and providing this link as a temporary alternateive until the original is fixed? Just a thought. Ignore it at your leisure.

Simple question, noticed it when I was lurking around in this thread: User interface screen shots

Where can I get me some of those snazzy, colourful icons? Like in this picture: http://home.arcor.de/takora/Horizons/Takora/tako_ui.jpg

Compared to the dull teals, violets, greens and murky browns of the current icons, these things practically leap off the screen. So vibrant. So eye-catching. So awesome. I'd be eternally grateful to the one that could help me in finding that rainbow-encrusted mod if it at all exists.
    Hmm - yeah - unfortunately my site has been down a while ..

But a bunch of the other sites are still hosting the icons ..
    Dragonnoir and Crimson Dawn for sure - and prolly a few others.

The v2.04 were the latest with the option of overwriting the red dragon craft icons with another set of blue ones (available on CD site).

http://www.crimson-dawn.org/download...cons_v2_04.zip
    http://www.crimson-dawn.org/download...crafticons.zip

Glad to hear you're enjoying them

I'll have to get off my rump and make a newer set one of these days.
    Last edited by Valornyx; November 9th, 2010 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    Hmm - yeah - unfortunately my site has been down a while ..

But a bunch of the other sites are still hosting the icons ..
    Dragonnoir and Crimson Dawn for sure - and prolly a few others.

The v2.04 were the latest with the option of overwriting the red dragon craft icons with another set of blue ones (available on CD site).

http://www.crimson-dawn.org/download...cons_v2_04.zip
    http://www.crimson-dawn.org/download...crafticons.zip

Glad to hear you're enjoying them

I'll have to get off my rump and make a newer set one of these days.
    I personally like the red ones myself. Maybe you should think backwards and replace the blue icons with matching red ones? I'd like that very much.

Hey! You could bundle the corresponding colour matches together under "Helion-Style" and Lunus-Style" titled packs! (Okay, sorry. Stupid.)

What I'd like to see though is, well... how can I put it...? A more "complete" set, maybe? I mean, don't get me wrong, the ones you already have are far and away better than the ones I had before, for sure, but there are still quite a few icons that remain unchanged from their far more vibrant counterparts. If you could first create an all-encompassing version, with all icons altered (or at least made a slightly-higher quality from their rather fuzzy as well as dull appearances), I'd download that baby in a second!

I personally like the red ones myself. Maybe you should think backwards and replace the blue icons with matching red ones? I'd like that very much.
    Not sure that I understand you .. the v2.04 has red icons .. if you choose to .. you can use the other set of blue ones.

What I'd like to see though is, well... how can I put it...? A more "complete" set, maybe? I mean, don't get me wrong, the ones you already have are far and away better than the ones I had before, for sure, but there are still quite a few icons that remain unchanged from their far more vibrant counterparts. If you could first create an all-encompassing version, with all icons altered (or at least made a slightly-higher quality from their rather fuzzy as well as dull appearances), I'd download that baby in a second!
    heh - well - yes - that would be nice .. but there are something like 3500 icons including something like 2000 ability / spell / formula / augmentation icons .. it is not exactly a weekend's work to replace them.

Having said that - I've not actually worked on this project for something like 2 years now .. if I find the time, maybe I can get some more done.

Not sure that I understand you .. the v2.04 has red icons .. if you choose to .. you can use the other set of blue ones.
    I was actually referring to icons other than the crafting ones. Making most of the other icons that have blue backgrounds instead have red ones, to match the red set of crafting icons. Like a theme. Get it? "Helion Set" = blue icons for crafting/abilities/formulas etc. "Lunus Set" = red icons for crafting/abilities/formulas etc. Obviously for icons that actually have a background geared toward one colour or the other.

heh - well - yes - that would be nice .. but there are something like 3500 icons including something like 2000 ability / spell / formula / augmentation icons .. it is not exactly a weekend's work to replace them.

Having said that - I've not actually worked on this project for something like 2 years now .. if I find the time, maybe I can get some more done.
    Maybe you should enlist the help of other people perhaps? If you're too busy with other things, you could delegate the project to someone else temporarily whilst you do what needs doing on your end. Then, once that's done, you can review and, if needed, tweak or scrap the designs that your assistants come up with and then release the next patch in the pack.

Of course, there's always the "shut up and be patient" option.

Where do I put them after downloading and unzipping? Confused.
    Cixi
    Gnome Extraordinaire
    Order

Should just go into the resources_override folder.

Note you need to recreate the hotkeys to pickup the new icons
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Lol my interface. You could have also just shot me a pm since I have still the zip on my HD.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I unzipped file into the right folder but nothing happened when I logged into
    the game. Still only the old icons.
    I think, maybe, I have to change a line in one of the files?
    There's nothing about that on the Crimson Dawn website where
    they do say to do this for map pack.

Cixi

your old icons will show until you lay down new ones. Did you open your ability tab and look at the icons there?

no I just tried to edit a hot key. I will look now.

They are not there and not if I try to edit a hot key. I did not delete my old resources_override file I just "replaced" the existing files is that why?

If you open up your knowledge book or your ability list, do the purdy icons show in there?
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    If you open up your knowledge book or your ability list, do the purdy icons show in there?
    Yes, for abilities and formulas that new icons have been created for. About 1/4 of the biped classes, plus the majority of all dragon abilities are in the 2.04 pack. Seems like Druid, Elar, Monk, Reaver, Sorcerer, Conjuror schools I've seen new icons for. A few in there for Racial abilities too.

If Val spends any time on new icons, I'm hoping it can be for some effects which seem to have the generic Orange snowflake-like icon: (icon_augment_default_11.png) which I see alot for effects like Fortify, Mystical Ward of Istaria, Melee Ward of Istaria (the 2 from the ceremonial shield/scale), as well as for some negative effects (the names of which I can't remember atm).

That small number of additions would be most helpful for everyone Mainly if the negative effects were easily spotted in comparison to good ones. So even if it was limited to just new icons for all the negative effects which use the generic icon, that would be awesome.

I have opened both abilities tab and spells tab. The icons are the same as before. I see only the old ones attached to their various abilities and spells.

Thread Information