Thread: Blighted items being depleted when not being used?

Default Blighted items being depleted when not being used?

So, I'm sitting on the vault in Bristugo watching people log in and out on my main chat tab while I play on the internet in another window.

Suddenly I see "Devastating spirit striking Blighted jade tipped dragon claw has completely depleted and is no longer usable"

WHAT?! I wasn't fighting, I wasn't digging, I wasn't doing anything, yet my claw was sucking up charges. To my knowledge this has never happened before. Are they supposed to do this now?

Default Re: Blighted items being depleted when not being used?

As far as I know, having any blighted gear equipped will slowly decrease its charges, at least for weapons. I have noticed that my lil dragon has a blighted wingscale which refuses to decrease in charges, but I haven't tried un-equipping and re-equipping it, wouldn't want to push my luck

A confirmation from others or a response from a dev would be helpful
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Okay, through experimentation it costs 5 charges just to equip something and they decay simply while being worn. I'm pretty sure this was not in effect a few weeks ago as I freely swapped out crafting and hunting sets. None of my other sets decayed this quickly.

Little off-topic, but is there any way to "cure" the blight affecting an item? Just curious.

Back on topic, I believe that all items, so long as they're equipped, will decrease in charges regardless of being used or not. I remember having a claw and wing scale, both blighted, that were almost equal in terms of residual charges and, within minutes of one another, they both died on me, even though I was just sitting around NT with a few friends. Thank goodness for scale-recharge packs--I almost lost my best wing scale.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

Quote Originally Posted by Armameteus View Post
    Little off-topic, but is there any way to "cure" the blight affecting an item? Just curious.
    No. An item being "blighted" pretty much just means that it was randomly generated and has charges and whatnot since blighted items are the only ones that act that way.

It is weird to hear of blighted items expiring whilst not fighting though. I could swear they did not previously do that.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    No. An item being "blighted" pretty much just means that it was randomly generated and has charges and whatnot since blighted items are the only ones that act that way.

It is weird to hear of blighted items expiring whilst not fighting though. I could swear they did not previously do that.
    Aw. A shame. Guess I'll have to find a better scale before it deteriorates beyond repair.

You think it might be a new feature Virtrium implemented without notifying the players though? The slow deterioration of blighted equips regardless of usage I mean?

Item decay vs using up charges? Seems appropriate for blighted gear to me.
    Last edited by awdz; November 8th, 2010 at 11:25 AM.

Blighted gear is only supposed to use charges while in combat. It should not have done that.

If I had to guess, you had whatever bug makes your client think its in battle when it isn't, the same one that prevents food from being eaten.

Suggested workaround would be to refill your gifts after the end of a fight, even if they do not need refreshed or you are done fighting. This fixes it so food can be eaten, and should work in this situation as well.

This bug isn't in the blighted item itself, but with the combat system getting stuck thinking there is still one ability queued up to use, but it can't because the mob died already. Casting a spell or gift flushes it thru.

And the "I'm going to eat up 5 charges just on equip"? Is that a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    And the "I'm going to eat up 5 charges just on equip"? Is that a bug?
    Think it has always been that way.

Dracaena

Yeah the 5 charges to equip was designed in. But it's not something I'm a fan of.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Blighted gear is only supposed to use charges while in combat. It should not have done that.

If I had to guess, you had whatever bug makes your client think its in battle when it isn't, the same one that prevents food from being eaten.

Suggested workaround would be to refill your gifts after the end of a fight, even if they do not need refreshed or you are done fighting. This fixes it so food can be eaten, and should work in this situation as well.

This bug isn't in the blighted item itself, but with the combat system getting stuck thinking there is still one ability queued up to use, but it can't because the mob died already. Casting a spell or gift flushes it thru.
    Thanks for the tip. You're probably right about the combat glitch. Kind of annoying though how that "halt action" button apparently becomes useless in this case, when it's actual function is to stop all queued up abilities. *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Yeah the 5 charges to equip was designed in. But it's not something I'm a fan of.
    I never knew it did that! Ugh. There goes my best scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Armameteus View Post
    Thanks for the tip. You're probably right about the combat glitch. Kind of annoying though how that "halt action" button apparently becomes useless in this case, when it's actual function is to stop all queued up abilities. *sigh*

I never knew it did that! Ugh. There goes my best scale.
    It takes a long time to eat up charges, so don't throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet. Some scale sets I've had for years.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    It takes a long time to eat up charges, so don't throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet. Some scale sets I've had for years.
    got a sweet blighted claw for mw that i have never worried about charges for.....
    altho if it does run out, i don't think i could get it recharged, prolly wouldn't even try... lol
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information