Thread: ***** Golems

Default ***** Golems

I guess I can understand the switch back from the Aegis Anchor model to the Golem Model for the water elementals of Lesser Aradoth, but it does present a bit of an issue. Because the golems walk on the bottom of the lakes, instead of hovering over their surface, like they used to, this makes them even less accessible, especially in the larger, deeper southern lake.

If the mechanics that allowed the Anchors to float over the surface of the water could be applied to the golems, the range problems could be decently mitigated, and we've have Golems that could walk on water.

Default Re: ***** Golems

Maybe I did not pay enough attention while having fun on the Water Elementals on Lesser Aradoth, but last I remember is that sometimes I had to take my hatchling far in the water in order to pull the "anchor model" elementals who were most definitely submerged. Or was the floating thing a change that I have missed. It has been a while since I killed them. If yes let them remain submerged, let us not forget they are beings who live in the water...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

But it would be nice if their walking paths in general were closer to the edges of the lakes. It is rather difficult to get them most times, and they like to wander the other direction just before they get close enough to pull, or even worse, a character without a ranged pull (like monks without another class) will be hard pressed to get them.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by Shadina View Post
    If the mechanics that allowed the Anchors to float over the surface of the water could be applied to the golems, the range problems could be decently mitigated, and we've have Golems that could walk on water.
    I have to agree, just getting close enough to those things to be able to aggro them can be a real pain. Plus, even if you do, sometimes they just plain ignore you and walk back into the depths again. Add the fact that you slow down when you're under water, if you try getting too close because they refuse to come after you, you frequently risk drowning if you can't immediately fly back out. More often than not, I find myself playing the waiting game along the edge of the shoreline, begging that one decides to meander close enough to hit from a distance that isn't within drowning potential.

If not walking on the surface of the water, then even having them take closer paths toward the shore would be a massive plus. It's one thing to be a challenge to fight them, but when you're having trouble even getting the chance to, it seems more like it's trying to teach you to be patient if anything else. This is a game, not a life-lesson.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

Thread Information