Thread: Istaria API

Default Istaria API

Not a suggestion for an in-game feature, but more for an external feature.

I'd love to see an externally accessible API that the community could use to develop some tools for the player base. That way it wouldn't take dev time to create the UI for some of these things, and the players could use some of their RL skills to help the community as a whole.

Just some things I was thinking of off the top of my head:

1) Consigner Search - There's a tool on the website now, but it doesn't appear to return all results.

2) Population Data:
    - Be able to see how many people are online
    - Be able to see how many characters there are of each race/school, overall, online right now, etc

3) Item Data:
    - Lists of spells/techniques/armor/weapons/etc
    - Be able to search your character name and see what spells you already have, and which ones you need

4) World Projects
    - List any remaining world projects, and what their completion rate is
    - We might want to keep the location of unstarted projects a secret, for the community to discover, so perhaps only display those where someone has started to rebuild them.

That's just a quick brainstorm off the top of my head. I know there are a few other games out there that offer external tools like this for the player base, and I for one would love the chance to put together a site with these tools, and anything else the player base wants.

Just my personal pipe dream

Default Re: Istaria API

1) Consigner Search - There's a tool on the website now, but it doesn't appear to return all results.
    I believe it will not return player built consignment items, other wise it should be working. Adding that functionality would be very helpful

2) Population Data:
    - Be able to see how many people are online
    - Be able to see how many characters there are of each race/school, overall, online right now, etc
    Not sure why you would want to know, but a nifty idea none the less.
    "/who" is your friend don't forget

3) Item Data:
    - Lists of spells/techniques/armor/weapons/etc
    - Be able to search your character name and see what spells you already have, and which ones you need
    The Horizons Crafting Calculator can help fill this role.

4) World Projects
    - List any remaining world projects, and what their completion rate is
    - We might want to keep the location of unstarted projects a secret, for the community to discover, so perhaps only display those where someone has started to rebuild them.
    If you log into play.istaria.com and select Construction it will list all the player buildings currently under construction, but unfortunatley I don't think it lists community/world projects.
    Adding them to this list would be awesome
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    I believe it will not return player built consignment items, other wise it should be working. Adding that functionality would be very helpful

To quote a popular Trekkie phrase, "It's dead, Jim". I see 52 items for all shards listed on Chiconis and Dralk consigners. I was asleep when they decommissioned the other consigerners besides Aughundell, New Tris, and Bristugo. I had always assumed since I woke up this last time ( about a year and a half ago), that connie list was a snap shot in time from when they took out the other connies and shut down the list feature.

Dracaena

Well uhm some of the points mentioned above are involved in a project a few of us are working at currently. We're currently building a 'new version of GamersInfo.net'. This currently contains all Items, structures, Formulas, spells, equipment and techniques ingame and is accurate.
    In the future we are going to add skills, schools, NPCs, abilities, monsters and what else you can think off prolly. Currently we are limited by time and thus we are currently releasing it step by step.
    The idea is also to later on have player made mods use this database but we aint near that point yet, however we do are testing using the database to generate the mappack from. And looking at generating update files for HCC. However thats all on our 'nice to have' list and will be done at some point, depending at how much work it takes.

You can check it out already, but be aware its still in alpha state so it aint near done yet and some data wont show. For details on what is working or not check the development notes on our site; http://db.crimson-dawn.org
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Thread Information