Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YAY....anchors

Default Re: YAY....anchors

I will tell you what made my mind up to quit

multiple logins for blight ... gone
    having to pay FULL PRICE for plot rights .. didnt mind the 10 bucks but 15 to keep me home on blight .. nup that was just dumb

hense no incentive to stay

Quote Originally Posted by Theros Ironfeld View Post
    I will tell you what made my mind up to quit

multiple logins for blight ... gone
    having to pay FULL PRICE for plot rights .. didnt mind the 10 bucks but 15 to keep me home on blight .. nup that was just dumb

hense no incentive to stay
    That's exactly what I thought, but would want someone else to write.
    Last edited by Vahrokh; December 2nd, 2010 at 08:26 AM.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I like to kind of think of the sub system as a three-tiered deal. Minus the connie space, the only real differences between the three types are 1)Only play as a human, with no other bonuses, 2)play as every race, which is a step up from free, and 3)play as every race and also have the privilege to build your own home.

If they let you have a home on tier 1/2 sub, there'd be no point for tier 3 to exist as the need for connie space, though useful, isn't something that's huge enough to warrant a 15$ sub. If they were to 'downgrade' the sub requirements to own a home to tier 1/2, they'd either have to then take something else away and replace it into the T3 sub slot, or add in a brand new feature that would be worth a full T3 sub, the former of which I wouldn't want to see at all. New features would be cool, but likely something they won't ever be implementing, given the conditions they have to work with.

In short, I think it's pretty fair. If you think these costs are outrageous, I can point you in the direction of numerous other MMOs that pale in comparison to Istaria, yet boast costs that are borderline thievery for what little they give you. Trust me, content-wise that you're getting for your buck, Istaria is definitely not that bad.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

In short, I think it's pretty fair. If you think these costs are outrageous, I can point you in the direction of numerous other MMOs that pale in comparison to Istaria, yet boast costs that are borderline thievery for what little they give you. Trust me, content-wise that you're getting for your buck, Istaria is definitely not that bad.
    I have a certain number of objections which for lack of RL time I'll reduce to a minimum.

- Having a Blight character is not a plus. It's an additional commitment for a player to share his (paid) game time with a character that will never be as good as one on Chaos or Order on a server that will never progress like the others and will have all sorts of issues coming from being in permanent beta status.

Even without the downsides, that character (some times just a mirror of the "real" other on a production shard) is consuming time otherwise spent on another server.

At the same time, Blight players lost perks they had already and even when they had the perks they were abysmally few.

IE Blight was not attracting people already and got further dis-incentivized.

- Costs are not otrageous etc. etc. but unlike the other numerous MMOs, Istaria is a "commit for life" MMO, not a 3 months journey. At the same time Istaria does not guarantee to survive 1 more year, therefore players are in the dire situation to have to commit for years (T6 lair anyone?) in a game with no guarantee (scaring off a lot of people, I was one of them) PLUS it costs like a first choice, long term mainstream MMO.

Add to these considerations having to play on the beta shard of such game and you see why little to none bothers.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

..multiple logins for blight ... gone
    Actually I think you can still have multiple blight logins... or copies, if that's what you mean.

Nope for the last year or so just 1 log in per account.

One login. But multiple toons. Maybe I'm not understanding the complaint...

@ Armameteus as I was a blighter and a blighter only i never really looked on the live shards

as for the multi logins blight had the property of logging in multiple chars on the one account ... handy if you needed a few extra bods for a test romp as Marsh will atest to , being that blight had ( and now even less ) peeps on sometimes making a full group was a small problem .

many times we had multi toons on to build the events for debugging purposes.

@ Armameteus as I was a blighter and a blighter only i never really looked on the live shards

as for the multi logins blight had the property of logging in multiple chars on the one account ... handy if you needed a few extra bods for a test romp as Marsh will atest to , being that blight had ( and now even less ) peeps on sometimes making a full group was a small problem .

many times we had multi toons on to build the events for debugging purposes.
    Well, I suppose I can't argue about your reasons if you frequent blight, though I was speaking more about what features you get in general, if you only played as one character at a time, the way you do in traditional video games. Personally, I think of multi-logging to help yourself out as more a form a cheating than anything else. Not saying I'd like to see it gone in the live shards too--I can understand your reasons I guess--just that you'd never catch me doing it. I mean, it's like playing a Nintendo game and you're able to control multiple Marios at one time to gang-bash a boss. Not very sporting.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

Quote Originally Posted by Armameteus View Post
    Well, I suppose I can't argue about your reasons if you frequent blight, though I was speaking more about what features you get in general, if you only played as one character at a time, the way you do in traditional video games. Personally, I think of multi-logging to help yourself out as more a form a cheating than anything else. Not saying I'd like to see it gone in the live shards too--I can understand your reasons I guess--just that you'd never catch me doing it. I mean, it's like playing a Nintendo game and you're able to control multiple Marios at one time to gang-bash a boss. Not very sporting.
    *remembers playing house of the dead overkill with 2 controllers* huh wut?

anyhoooow, *thinks of something related to the thread* oh I remember, this multi-logging thing on one account sounds like something that I cant decide wether it is cheating or not...I do have a free-account char that I use as a mule at times, would you consider that cheating? let me remind you that blight is VERY low on population, max chars I've seen so far is 8 on a lucky day, 5 normally, this, sadly, makes us rely on people from live to help us out on epic hunts (though SoG is still possible...)

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    let me remind you that blight is VERY low on population, max chars I've seen so far is 8 on a lucky day, 5 normally, this, sadly, makes us rely on people from live to help us out on epic hunts (though SoG is still possible...)
    Tis the reason why multi logs was possible on Blight and blight alone
    the blighters tested a lot of content ... and i do mean alot with the aid of livies when big patches where in the pipes ... when the livies went back to live .. well it was just the blighties

Thread Information